Hey, Czero here!

Czero

Hiya everyone, I know I've found a great place. A little bit about myself, I'm a huge visual novel fan who also loves to write. I hope to meet a lot of great people here! :)

I'm a creative person who just loves to go about through ideas, but choosing something to write is like picking between your children. Still, it doesn't stop me from binge writing when I find that I'm not doing something. Can't stand doing nothing, as there is always something more than can be done.

Edited by Czero

2 minutes ago, Zander said:

Hi there, welcome to Fuwanovel.

What sort of stuff do you enjoy writing? 

Prose over verse, but I have done both. I'm intrigued by visual novels from a writing standpoint. Just a precocious interest I suppose. Thank you for welcoming me :)

22 minutes ago, Czero said:

Prose over verse, but I have done both. I'm intrigued by visual novels from a writing standpoint. Just a precocious interest I suppose. Thank you for welcoming me :)

Welcome Czero! What specifically about writing in VN's interest you? This is a topic that I think a fair bit about myself sometimes. 

Just now, Zalor said:

Welcome Czero! What specifically about writing for VN's interest you? This is a topic that I think a fair bit about myself sometimes. 

Just how it compares against writing like a short story, or a novel draft. You're still writing, but it requires adaptation.

2 hours ago, Czero said:

Just how it compares against writing like a short story, or a novel draft. You're still writing, but it requires adaptation.

I hear some describe it like writing a play or some sort of script. Personally my opinion is that VN writing is only limited by the imagination of how you choose to visually represent the images and text. There are limitations and strengths to the NVL/ADV format, but you don't have to use that format. Actually, Im working on a much longer article where I go through this in more thorough detail. Its always nice to meet other people who think about this stuff. 

1 minute ago, Zalor said:

I hear some describe it like writing a play or some sort of script. Personally my opinion is that VN writing is only limited by the imagination of how you choose to visually represent the images and text. There are limitations and strengths to the NVL/ADV format, but you don't have to use that format. Actually, Im working on a much longer article where I go through this in more thorough detail. Its always nice to meet other people who think about this stuff. 

Nice, I'd like to read that article if you're willing to show it. :)

1 hour ago, Czero said:

Nice, I'd like to read that article if you're willing to show it. :)

Thanks, glad to hear there is interest! Recently I've had to halt writing briefly as there have been several VNs that use a non-traditional visual and text interface that I need to read first. I just finished Digital: A Love Story which uses its unique style very well. I want to see the strengths and weaknesses of these different styles first hand so I can more accurately represent them.

1 minute ago, littleshogun said:

Welcome to the Fuwanovel, and sorry for the belated greeting. Feel free to ask the recommendations for the VNs if you need one, and good luck on your article writing. I hope that you'll have fun here.

Thanks! :)