London Detective Mysteria (Eikoku Tantei Mysteria) to be released in English by XSEED fall 2018 for PC, PS Vita

lunaterra

Yeah, I did put that in the title. That is pretty notable--console -> PC ports do tend to be pretty rare--but honestly, from my experience, otome game players tend to prefer handheld/mobile releases. I often encounter people who don't play otome games on PC at all. I'm in a minority as PC is actually my preferred platform.

7 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

Why do otome games always look more interesting than vns for males? 

Yeah, that's one of the biggest mysteries of the VN genre to me too. While otomes cover all kinds of interesting historic or fantasy settings, and also represent them with an appropriate authenticy, the common VN's adressed to guys almost exclusively consist of school life moeges and derivatives. :amane:

I guess it would be the mystery of the age. But perhaps from what I saw I guess female here would be more liking some down to earth and interesting story (Or maybe more in line with romantic story), while the male here simply want to see the girls in high school uniform and occasionally have some shonen chuuni battle. So what I can say is that female more caring about the detail of the story while male usually less care about that, or I should say it's what I interpret here.

44 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

I guess it would be the mystery of the age. But perhaps from what I saw I guess female here would be more liking some down to earth and interesting story (Or maybe more in line with romantic story), while the male here simply want to see the girls in high school uniform and occasionally have some shonen chuuni battle. So what I can say is that female more caring about the detail of the story while male usually less care about that, or I should say it's what I interpret here.

I'd guess that the reasons are mostly historical. People are used to galge being set in high-schools so everyone expects that, and otome games simply developed differently.

Anyway, this game seems relatively interesting, so I may actually give it a try when it comes out. We'll see. :makina:

31 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

I do want to play these otome games, but games that ultimately end up in choosing which guy i want to form a romantic relationship with just doesn't sit well with me.

You aren't choosing guys for romantic relationship with yourself, but with the heroine. :makina: It's not like you have to put yourself into her shoes, you know? I mean, I'd rather not associate myself even with most male VN protagonists, considering how stupid most of them are. :michiru:

10 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

You aren't choosing guys for romantic relationship with yourself, but with the heroine. :makina: It's not like you have to put yourself into her shoes, you know? I mean, I'd rather not associate myself even with most male VN protagonists, considering how stupid most of them are. :michiru:

it is like that for me as well :P i always refer to it as me regardless what game it is as long as im in control of a character :lol:

But thats of no consequence. The problem is interesting story and hooking up with guys :wacko:

• 2 months later...