Survey: Community Improvements You Want

Hi everybody,

It's been a while. I'll make a personal update post at some point, but for the moment I'm posting to ask our users to take the first of what may be a series of surveys we put out this Summer. This first survey is essentially an open invitation to tell me exactly what problems are bothering you about the site, anonymously. My site work this Summer will be heavily influenced by this survey, so if you care about Fuwa and want to see site improvements, please participate.

Survey Link: https://goo.gl/forms/DHWvWdmusKKXZBh43

I want to thank @Emi for a recent email, @Clephas for some recent posts in the forums I've read which gave me encouragement, all our moderators, @Decay for his patience with my crazy schedule and a soft VNTS pause, and all of our users for keeping Fuwanovel alive. Much love to all of you.

Tay

Here's some broad big-picture suggestions:

• Moderation consistency/fairness: There's been grumbling about this lately, both on and off-site.
  • Partnerships and engagement with publishers: Promoting visual novels effectively means working more closely with English publishers.  I'd like to see them engaging openly with the community here, including posting on the forums and doing more interviews on the official blog.
  • Outreach to Japanese developers/communities, including developers not currently selling games in English: Fuwanovel is uniquely positioned to bridge the gap between the Japanese and English communities due to the many fans here who have learned or are in the process of learning Japanese.  Sending out these fans in an organized fashion to establish connections could accelerate the already growing interest in the English market--and help developers be less boneheaded in their attempts to enter it.  A highly innovative project like this would also re-establish Fuwanovel as a central pillar of the English community.
Edited by sanahtlig

1 hour ago, sanahtlig said:

Here's some broad big-picture suggestions:

• Moderation consistency/fairness: There's been grumbling about this lately, both on and off-site.
  • Partnerships and engagement with publishers: Promoting visual novels effectively means working more closely with English publishers.  I'd like to see them engaging openly with the community here, including posting on the forums and doing more interviews on the official blog.
  • Outreach to Japanese developers/communities, including developers not currently selling games in English: Fuwanovel is uniquely positioned to bridge the gap between the Japanese and English communities due to the many fans here who have learned or are in the process of learning Japanese.  Sending out these fans in an organized fashion to establish connections could accelerate the already growing interest in the English market--and help developers be less boneheaded in their attempts to enter it.  A highly innovative project like this would also re-establish Fuwanovel as a central pillar of the English community.

That is actually some good stuff right there, especially the last two.

Chat :D?

Also Tay, will this year be the year you respond to my donation :D?

Edited by TheUnknownMercenary

2 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Well, I'll write some suggestions later. :sachi:

Overall, I'm not sure if it's the right time to focus on that, but I feel something major needs to be done to the main site. After the torrents were deleted, the whole VN Library thing became kind of useless, and it's also pretty outdated right now.

Yeah, I also think that cleaning up the main site is crucial and the first step before we might start with some far-reaching initiatives @sanahtlig talked about. Removing permanently-dead segments and fixing what can be fixed in relatively short time. Maybe getting that "beta" sign out of there. ;)