Contributing to FuwaReviews - technical questions

Hello there! I know it's not the first time I start this topic, but I'll treat this as my final try. So, I've now established my blog as a separate entity and proved, hopefully, though over 30 posts, that my reviews and commentary don't completely suck. In the past, several bloggers had the ability to publish their reviews in the FuwaReviews, with a fairly short teaser going to the Reviews Hub along with a link to the full article on their external site. I want to review two rather interesting, fresh OELVN releases this summer: Sable's Grimoire and Perceptions of the Dead 2. Let's assume that the content I create won't be cancerous enough to actually hurt the half-dead Fuwa frontpage by its inclusion. This creates a few questions in my mind:

1. Did the said bloggers, such as Meru, had direct access to the Reviews hub, or someone posted the reviews for them?

2a. If the latter is true, who made the desitions on what to "borrow" from the external sites?

2b. If the former is true, who currently controls the access to the Reviews Hub?

Sorry for the public posts, but in the past I've tried to figure things out through private messages, without much response, so I thought a bit of public discussion could maybe clear things up. :)

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

@Decay is your man and the person who controls the fuwareviews team (if I'm not mistaken.)

When you're part of the team you get to login somewhere else in a nice interface that lets you write your review (and that I always fuck up the html of.)

It's its own thing with its own formating and rules outside of the forums, though. 

Guest reviews are also a thing, so don't need to necessarily be part of it I think. 

EDIT: There's no harm in posting this type of doubt on the forums, but for anyone else with "where the hell do I learn things?!?!" questions, I should be able to answer just about any of them through a pm. 

56 minutes ago, Kaguya said:

EDIT: There's no harm in posting this type of doubt on the forums, but for anyone else with "where the hell do I learn things?!?!" questions, I should be able to answer just about any of them through a pm. 

Thank you for the answer and I know this would probably be possible to do that way, but there were others (well, at least one person) that in past were hoping to contribute reviews and as no one joined the Reviews team in ages, having these answers publicly available could possibly benefit more than just me. :)

Plus, posting this here with a possibility of a few people involved with FuwaReviews to speak out beats getting feedback from one person or sending PMs everywhere IMHO. :>

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

13 minutes ago, Emi said:

I believe the import of external reviews is done with rss basis. if im not mistaken.

you can read some about it here : https://fuwanovel.net/reviews-hub-add-your-blog-feed/ for external things.

personally i dont know who is lead of fuwareviews anymore. our Fuwadirectory is as outdated as it can be. 

Thank you for this info! @Nayleen, I guess this is still doable? I will have some reviews up with a separate tag soon, should I contact you through PM when I think it's ready or actually try to reach Tay and hope for a miracle? ;p

Seems like your questions were largely addressed without me. Anyway, I'm the current theoretical leader of the reviews team, but I don't actually have much control of the reviews hub in general, and I'm not entirely sure of how it even works, to be completely honest. I probably have the ability to hook you up in theory, but I have no idea how. Hopefully Nayleen does.

Sadly the reviews team itself is for all intents and purposes dead. I haven't had the time to watch over it like I should, and there are no more active contributors. I don't think anyone will be added to the team either until we either find a new team leader or I suddenly get a lot more time on my hands to properly manage things. I'm reluctant to add anyone else if I can't be around much to oversee things.

5 hours ago, Decay said:

Seems like your questions were largely addressed without me. Anyway, I'm the current theoretical leader of the reviews team, but I don't actually have much control of the reviews hub in general, and I'm not entirely sure of how it even works, to be completely honest. I probably have the ability to hook you up in theory, but I have no idea how. Hopefully Nayleen does.

Sadly the reviews team itself is for all intents and purposes dead. I haven't had the time to watch over it like I should, and there are no more active contributors. I don't think anyone will be added to the team either until we either find a new team leader or I suddenly get a lot more time on my hands to properly manage things. I'm reluctant to add anyone else if I can't be around much to oversee things.

Thank you for your answer, this whole thread cleared quite a few things to me - and well, probably gave me a way to approach the topic without making problems for anyone. :] 

I'd love to consider adding yours (and several more) review blogs to the hub. The hub has stalled recently due to a complicated CMS bug, but the developer actually got back to me yesterday with a customized patch, and I hope to get it installed before this weekend. Afterwards, I should be able to add you. Just submit your site details per the link posted above and we can work on that!

The hub structure and guidelines will be part of the site work this summer, and I'm hoping to bring more clarity to it and the other site projects. Going to plug the recent survey and ask everyone to submit their gripes, questions, and concerns!