Anime question

Novel21

Seconding MPC. VLC can have problems with some encodings, especially some high quality encodings. MPC (with codecs, like K-lite) is currently the best player for anime.  

You dont need the full version of k-lite though, that includes dev-tool and lan filtering, which you will prob never use.

Edited by Akshay

Just about any codec pack that bundles marVR would be ideal. I've never used K-lite before, so I'm not sure how they compare with my current setup, but I made the switch to LAV Filters Megamix when KCP stopped getting updates, and it looked much better. The upgrade is likely due to madVR's more recent support for 60 fps, which I don't think is available in the last released version of KCP.

There's a solid setup guide for Megamix here. There aren't that many tweaks you need to make upon installation, but I still think having a guide helps. https://anime.my/tutorials/watching-h264-videos-using-compute-unified-device-architecture-cuda/

If you have a solid GPU, using madVR is like giving yourself a free monitor upgrade. It's pretty sexy.

Edited by Kenshin_sama

Just install MPC-HC and you're done, don't install K-Lite Codecs, CCCP (outdate pack) and neither VLC because various reason, nobody from a fansub would recommend it for watch anime. 

MPC-HC alone is enough, has inside LAV Filters which are decoder for all popular (and non-populars too) codecs, in short, you can play every video and audio. 

Other good option is MPV but isn't friendly for commons users due to lack of GUI (interface) but is the best player that I've used due that is very customizable (it's like for Linux users lol).

Your best option is MPC-HC, only that, nothing more. 

https://mpc-hc.org/downloads/