Trample on Schatten!! Out Now!

kyrt

JAST017.jpg

So JAST seems to be getting pre-orders out for this game after what seems like forever ago...we can probably expect a release within a year month or two from now. They do not have a limited edition available yet so who knows if they plan to or not so if you're hoping for one might want to hold off on the pre-order for a bit to find out what they have (if anything). Image should link directly to the J-list page if you click it so be aware NSFW.

After saw the CG, I wonder whether I should play this or not because I saw one of the CG did have yaoi sex scenes. But then again after I read Subahibi, maybe it's not so bad after all although I admit though that I skipped the scenes back at Subahibi (I still understand the reason of why we have yaoi sex scene at Subahibi, okay). Anyway other than yaoi sex scene issue looks like the VN will be interesting if only because we'll gonna have mahou shoujo heroines (According to VNDB), in which it's one of underutilized trope in the VNs from what I saw so far outside of the nukige. Apparently the reception for this VN is quite good as well, so it's a plus. Now if only JAST managed to release it at this year, which at least it should be seeing from their past pattern.

PS - I knew this VN was one of JAST project, but seeing that it's JAST I decided to just give up on this lol and therefore didn't do much research on this until now.

Looking at this heroine... Guess this is the closest we'll get of having FSN in the west. :wahaha:

Anyway, I kinda wanted to try it yeeeears ago, but looking at its VNDB page again, the tag tentacle rape aren't helping me keeping it at my backlog. :notlikemiya: 

Edited by MaggieROBOT

In regard of the tentacle, I think it's more interesting to me compared to the gay sex one lol. Then again I already saw some CG of that back at 2009 so maybe it's not surprising to me anymore, although now that I remember it that I rarely play a VN with tentacle scenes lol.

As for the similarity to Fate, this is the second time that JAST get the VN that have Saber expy as the main heroine, with Princess Waltz is their first VN back at 2008. Not surprisingly it was also featuring the battle along with some card gameplay, although if we look at the producer it's quite surprising though because it's Pulltop who even back then was only known to produce charage - they ask Higashide to help with Princess Waltz.

Edited by littleshogun

It seems as if the game is now available. It released July 15th 2018. It is now available for purchase at 31.95 digital or 34.95 physical. 

"In a war between superheroes and shadow creatures, Aisaku must awaken the hero within to protect the world. Courage! Conviction! Friendship! Love!" - description on JAST

I really wish JAST would bother to actually send notifications for when games go golden master or release like other visual novel companies do.  Anyone pick it up and can tell us if it is any good?

This trailer sounds familiar but I'm not sure why...

I'm so amazingly hyped. Our website got a review key for this and I am so stoked to play this. I expect a chuuni-fest for a chuunilover like me. 
The NTR-Tag doesn't make me feel right, but I already read a bunch of NTR Stories this morning so I am prepared for the worst! :)
The plotline sounds a little flat, but I am sure the fighting and action will make up for it! 

Trample on Schatten!

Just finished the game. Enjoyed the MC, fights, and music. It is unique that the MC had a voice which really help express his emotions. Also like the scene selection system with the multiple POVs.

Plenty of twists and turns throughout the story and while there was a lot of comedy there were lot of dark moments too. Probably the most glaring weakness are the sub heroine routes since they are very quick. Also there are a bunch of terms that are thrown at you, mainly Jungian psychology stuff, but it explains it well enough for the most part.

Overall, it is a pretty good game, although it is too bad the company that made it went bankrupt. I would've liked to see more games like this.

Edited by Hitazo

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with pretty much everything Hitazo said. 

The main heroine, Keziah, is a great character and honestly, I loved every moment she was on screen. The biggest problem with the VN, in my opinion, would have to be the side-routes, which are about G-senj tier. And also the very, very awkward timing for H-scenes. And there's a lot of them, though most are IFs that aren't relevant to the actual plot so you can just skip them if desired. Otherwise, it was hype-city, fun all around. Really wish there were more like it, and I wish I could've read it a lot sooner. 

definitely one of the better reads this year, as its been in jp quite some years ago. too bad the whole scene-removal whatnot blew way out of proportion, like making people avoid buying the title etc etc. & regarding some of the bit more unpleasant scenes, those aren´t even that much dark, just human, especially things concerning yuki did feel quite real in terms of emotional aspects.