AX - Anime Expo 2018 News & Announcements

6 hours ago, adamstan said:

Actually according to vndb it's "Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi. ". See the pattern? ;)

Not really. It was too dusty to read and after I vacuumed away all the particles, I learned you text makes no sense at all :yumiko:

A bit surprised there is no one posting news about Denpasoft acquisitions....

;DhetjnRU0AEA1i0.jpg:large

9 Nine: Episode 1

This particular title has both an 18+ and an all ages version so we can expect sekai project to announce this one as well.

DhesfdsVAAA_vY-.jpg:large

Our current project Mischievous Sensation, a romance visual novel about making visual novels. Our protagonist is a programmer and a pretty normal boy who's starting a project in his free time, the deadline being the next dev-con. However, he needs to recruit someone to help him. Despite all the stress something more than just a game starts to grow, is this love? Or maybe something else?

DhercTQUYAEiK6N.jpg:large

Gary Stuart, better known as "The Man," and his elite team of sexual counselors are on the verge of landing the contract of their dreams: a cushy deal with Industricorp, widely considered to be the greatest company of all-time. Industricorp's employee morale has been low, so they approach The Man's company, Bedside Logistics, about doing what they do best: making people happy through lots and lots of sex. The president suggests a one week trial with one of three "problem employees" in order to test the waters and determine if The Man really is the hero that Industricorp needs.

DhepahIVMAA5ay_.jpg:large

For some reason, the protagonist ended up spending his spring break with four girls in a remote area that had no wireless reception and didn’t even have a convenience store. There was only a school building that seems to be on the verge of closure, a large dormitory that looked like a hot spring hotel and a chimney that stretched up to the sky as far as the eyes could see. He thought that he would just spend some peaceful days here, but that’s when one of the girls Shizuka declared that they will make this place his harem.

note: Don't let the premise fool you this is a highly anticipated title and in my opinion their best announcement...hopefully it releases sooner than later and doesn't have kickstarter attached to it.

Dheny4VV4AIfL6V.jpg:large

Alice attends Hekihou Academy with her friends Yakko and Keiko, where she's a member of the photography club. She lives alone except for her pet dog Qoo, and she holds down a part-time job as a waitress at Dragon Burger. Her life is busy and content, but sometimes she feels like there's something she's forgetting, something she left undone. Maybe even something important.

One day Alice and her friends visit the clock tower. There, an unusual book falls into Alice's lap: the diary of a mysterious and rather perverted young man. Why do all the girls Alice meets show up in the diary? Why does nobody remember the events in the diary? And why does Alice feel so strongly that she wants to meet that young man?

DhemihKUcAA6alw.jpg:large

This is the second episode in the Re;Lord series. After freeing Helfault from the witch Erika, Wilfred continued his quest to reclaim Groeson by attacking Cologne, held by the witch Iris. It is a vast tranquil grassy plain with the country’s fifth-largest body of water, the popular tourist spot Bebra Lake, and has a flourishing fishing industry. However, the residents had all been turned into crow familiars, spirits and imps. He didn’t know the motive behind the witch’s actions, but he attacked nevertheless in order to take back his land. At the same time, the military received news of Erika’s defeat to a mere student and dispatched a hunting unit to suppress the witch in Cologne.

Dhel0-AVAAENPrP.jpg:large

Yuusuke and Mitsuki rush to the city hall to have the municipal survivor group save Mitsuki's wounded brother. Mitsuki meets her childhood friend who proceeds to takes over Yuusuke's guardian role for Mitsuki. Yuusuke will have to decide either to stay and wait for the evacuation or not.

The sequel of eroge version of popular web novel of the same namel. The story taking place between chapter 3 episode 32 "Wakare" to episode 44 "Ibasho."

edit: Apparently vol.3 was also announced at the same time.

7 8 title announcements for Denpasoft is really quite good but it is also marred by a habit of releasing titles and then not seeing said titles for years. The JAST Effect if you will. Still there's at least two titles here that I'm quite interested in and mildly curious about another...that's pretty good as far as announcements go. as Mangagamer only has two partners and one current partner title to announce. Can 3 titles trump 7 8 guess we'll find out soon. Jast I'm sure won over more than a few people as well. AX seems to be going strong for visual novel announcements thus far.

Well, at least Hard Work (an EVN) was announced a while ago. The showing this year was just an update/demo announcement? And Mischievous Sensation is another third party EVN.

They also announced that I Walk Among Zombies ep1 is releasing... right now, actually! https://denpasoft.com/products/i-walk-among-zombies

Edited by Decay

Apparently they announced the walking among zombies series vol.2, vol.3, and vol.0 as well. Also wish more companies would announce games and then release them immediately after. Good on denpasoft for doing that. If you take out the evns it looks like denpasoft still had 5 titles so not bad. They along with the other companies (excluding JAST) do still have some more announcements at other cons as well. The fact titles are being licensed at a semi-decent rate is good especially as more and more studios seem to shut down (Sprite for example).

54 minutes ago, kyrt said:

The fact titles are being licensed at a semi-decent rate is good especially as more and more studios seem to shut down (Sprite for example).

I don't really find it to be that good. Sekai Project/Denpasoft already have too many licenses and have as of late made it pretty clear that they are unable to ensure the quality of the titles they release when they have so many titles to work on. Honestly I would rather have them take a break with new licenses and catch up on the titles they are already working on.

Edited by bakauchuujin

2 hours ago, kyrt said:

A bit surprised there is no one posting news about Denpasoft acquisitions....

1. 9 Nine: Episode 1

2. Mischievous Sensation

3. Hard Work

4. Harumade, Kururu.

5. Majo Koi Nikki

6. Re;Lord 2

7. I walk among zombies Vol 2

1: Not really sure if I'm interested in that one. Currently I'm reading Palette's previous title Saku Saku and while the characters are overall better written than expected, the plot is just... dreadful. I find it generally difficult to motivate me for short cash grab moege's like Sakura or Nekopara series anymore, so I'll probably pass on this one.

2: Doesn't look interesting...

3: A real OELVN nukige?! Seriously? Art isn't so bad for an OELVN though... Still unlikely that I'll pick it up.

4. That's supposed to be a new announcement?! I'm pretty sure this title was already announced 1 - 2 years before. Anyway, seems to be more than just a simple moege, so I'll keep any eye on it.

5. I guess they just picked up the ongoing fan translation of Majo Koi Nikki? Seems to be a rather decent 'mystery moege'. Really curious how that one turns out, so I'll probably give it a try.

6. Not so much interest in gameplay titles. Must be something really special like an Eushully or Astronauts title to pick my interest. Or Ninetail's Gears of Dragoon, but noooo, they had to got for Venus Blood series... :sleep:

7. I guess I'll try the first one after some clarifying comments that it's not a necrophilia festival. If that one turns out good enough, I'll pick this one up as well.

Edited by ChaosRaven

4 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

4. That's supposed to be a new announcement?! I'm pretty sure this title was already announced 1 - 2 years before. Anyway, seems to be more than just a simple moege, so I'll keep any eye on it.

The game's writer mentioned it in an almost off-hand comment on his twitter a few years ago, but there's been complete silence on it since then. This is the first time it's been properly announced.

4 minutes ago, Decay said:

The game's writer mentioned it in an almost off-hand comment on his twitter a few years ago, but there's been complete silence on it since then. This is the first time it's been properly announced.

Ah, I guess I just accidentally saw it leaked at that time then.

I wonder if the same thing applies to Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart too, which was 'teased' some time ago as well, with dead silence surrounding it since then. Would really like to have clarity about that, since I'm about to buy the Japanese version.

Because the results when companies go it alone are much much worse, and the licensors all know it.  When you get right down to it, Sekai Project's releases are far from flawless, but they are a far cry from (say) SakuraGame.  SP has done a lot of questionable things, but they never "released" a game with Google Translated script files that crash the game immediately.

37 minutes ago, VonKlaus said:

i dont understand how they get so many title when they are so bad at their work ....

While they make a lot of mistakes they have had lots of VNs that have sold a lot. My guess is that due to large discounts during sales as well as having lots of short VNs that are rather cheap they have managed to sell a lot of VNs to people who don't want to pay a lot for VNs. Their main target seem to be the people who like anime and know little about VNs and don't really find it to be a big deal that there are problems with the titles as long as they are cheap, or people who simply don't know how bad SP/Denpa is. I doubt SP/Denpa will fix their shit before they really have an incentive to do so, as long as they are not really punished a lot in terms of sales for screwing up they will likely continue taking on more licenses than they can handle. As for why they get so many titles I would assume that has to do with sales, they have sold a lot of VNs especially on steam and their kickstarters are in terms of funding really sucessful, as such think it is understandable that they manage to get a hold of many licenses. 

Did anyone catch Aksys panel or has a recap? If not I have to wait for them post their recap.

Besides that Harumade, Kururu looks like an interesting title. But if I haven't heard good things about the VN beforehand I would have probably ignored it because the description doesn't sound like anything I would be interested in.

Now I only need the to find the time to watch the Frontwing and Spike Chunsoft panels.

I'm still interested will "Majo Koi Nikki" TL based on fan-translation... Because fan-translation was almost finished... And now they licensed it? Hm...

No one to say anything about that?

So, I still waiting a new about "Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart", remembering the flayer on Anime Expo 2016 from Frontwing or who was that...

Maybe, they are still doing the translation, but I don't know, even anime already released (it is so stupid and useless, so, I really want to get that VN in English already).

Here is was Aksys had to show.

They announced Code: Realize ~Wintertide Miracles~ the second fandisk of Code: Realize for release in 2019 on PS4 and PSVita.

Trailer for the JP Release:

They also announced Death Mark a Horror VN for PS4, PSVita and Switch. It is supposed to be "coming soon".

JP Trailer:

I have to say Death Mark looks interesting.

3 hours ago, Veshurik said:

I'm still interested will "Majo Koi Nikki" TL based on fan-translation... Because fan-translation was almost finished... And now they licensed it? Hm...

No one to say anything about that?

So, I still waiting a new about "Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart", remembering the flayer on Anime Expo 2016 from Frontwing or who was that...

Maybe, they are still doing the translation, but I don't know, even anime already released (it is so stupid and useless, so, I really want to get that VN in English already).

Dracu-Riot official release has yet to happen too (also from Sekai) and yet the unofficial complete patch was released almost 2 years ago.

49 minutes ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

I have to say Death Mark looks interesting.

Is this even a Visual Novel? Doesn't look much like one, looks more like Theresia.

Edited by Nier

1 hour ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

Here is was Aksys had to show.

They announced Code: Realize ~Wintertide Miracles~ the second fandisk of Code: Realize for release in 2019 on PS4 and PSVita.

Trailer for the JP Release:

I wonder if they'll wind up releasing a complete edition that bundles all the content on one disc for PS4. Makes me wonder if maybe waiting for that would be better than just getting the double pack that released not long ago. 

As for Denpasoft, I was hoping for an announcement for Wagamama High Spec OC. Hopefully that can happen sooner rather than later. 

Surprisingly good panel from Denpa, surprisingly void from Frontwing Int. Kind of feels like they are on their last legs and are trying to space out their releases as much possible to cut losses.

Great to see confirmation on YU-NO, though I'm seriously upset about the vita-version, real pity that Spike Chunsoft forced PQube to give up the license.

AI reveal didn't leave any impression on me, not to mention how my faith in Uchikoshi is undermined by ZTD and Punchline anime, but I'll still check it out. As if I have a choice.

Still depressed that Nitro+ can't share their licenses with other major players on the western VN market. Translations of their games are mistreated so badly just because Nitro+ was one of the first JP VN publishers to officially enter the western market. DEPRESSING.