AX - Anime Expo 2018 News & Announcements

3 hours ago, Decay said:
  • Trample on Schatten releasing on July 16th

Glad to see that Trample on Schatten is FINALLY coming out, wasn't it announced way back in 2012?

3 hours ago, Decay said:
  • Work on Flowers Autumn has started (though JAST already announced their intent to translate the entire series a few years ago)

I just checked and wow can't believe that it's already been almost 2 years since Flowers -Le volume sur printemps- was released (I thought it was 1 year), seeing as how there are 4 titles in the series (1 for each season) at this pace JAST should be done with the series by 2023 or so... That is assuming -Le volume sur ete- actually comes out in 2018 (the official websites says: "Coming 2018"): http://flowersgame.com/flowers---le-volume-sur-ete--.html

Edited by Nier

Sweet Pool was announced before this AX and is not a new announcement right?

JAST had a good show at AX, while I can't really say much about the BL titles (besides that DRAMAtical Murder seems really popular) Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi is a really interesting title, that I am interested in reading. Although it would be nice if they had teaser sites for their new announcements or that they at the very least tweeted about their new titles. (Or make at news post on their own forum.) But if they can release their new announcements in a timely manner it's really good to see more of JAST.

But deep down in my heart I am really hoping to see Muramasa or Tokyo Necro one day.

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

Further update: Nick says this: "With Nitroplus titles we put our best translator on their games to be in charge of either the TL or TLC. Work has been done for Django, but other newer titles keep pushing its priority down. I personally would like to see Django out before 2020, so I'll be talking to our team about that. "

1 hour ago, Nier said:

That is assuming -Le volume sur ete- actually comes out in 2018 (the official websites says: "Coming 2018"): http://flowersgame.com/flowers---le-volume-sur-ete--.html

That's Flowers Summer, and it's available at AX already and is coming out everywhere else in 11 days.

Edited by Decay

5 minutes ago, Decay said:

That's Flowers Summer, and it's available at AX already and is coming out everywhere else in 11 days.

Ah got it, so that's 2 titles done already, so unless JAST manage to become faster (yeah right), the series should be done by 2022.

Edited by Nier

7 hours ago, Decay said:

Panel video here btw: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1BRKjeOQApBxw It's sideways, so watch it on your phone or rotate your monitor. :P

I rotated my monitor 90° in software, but it turns out the video angle is the least of the problems. The video is shaken, flickering, really poor lighting and bad audio. In addition to that, it has issues with what is displayed. Hey let's put a cosplayer on stage and talk about the costume, but how about not turning the camera to the stage and show her?

Is there a video, which is actually worth watching?

1 hour ago, tymmur said:

I rotated my monitor 90° in software, but it turns out the video angle is the least of the problems. The video is shaken, flickering, really poor lighting and bad audio. In addition to that, it has issues with what is displayed. Hey let's put a cosplayer on stage and talk about the costume, but how about not turning the camera to the stage and show her?

Well firstly, this is not an official video but just a recording of a stream by a normal person not related to JAST in any way for those who couldn't go, but are really interested in what happened in the panel. You can still hear what they talk about and that is the most important in my opinion.

Secondly, the video doesn't show the cosplayer because that goes against the rules.

5 hours ago, tymmur said:

It's not great, but usually that is the best we get, and I am thankful for these videos so that we can get a few more information than just the pure announcement without any context. Especially the Q&A sessions sometimes give a little bit of insight. Sekai Porject tried to livestream one of their panels a few conventions ago but that didn't work out. I guess it is quite a bit of extra work for them to set up a livestream, and honestly I don't know if its worth it for them, because the group of core fans that want to watch something like that is probably rather small.

As for not filming the presenters, maybe it's an issue with the rights? I know that it wasn't allowed so film/photograph some of the guests at earlier conventions. But I am not really sure.

And after watching the stream from the JAST Panel right at the end there was question regarding Tokyo Necro that hasn't been discussed here yet but is super relevant for me since that's one of the titles that I am looking forward to the most. So I am pretty happy that these videos exist.

Info from the panel video:

Regarding Tokyo Necro, there are no plans for it at the moment, because Nitroplus prefers JAST to work on one title at a time to ensure quality. That's perfectly understandable but still quite disappointing for me to hear.

That's also one of the reasons for the delay in Sumaga and Django, because SoniComi and Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi. had priority over those two titles. And if I haven't misheard or misunderstood them, Nitroplus has higher expectations for those titles than for Sumaga and Django. The other problem with Django according to their panel is that the game right now is incompatible with Windows 10 and would need some engine work from the Nitroplus side. Most likely in the form of a new (anniversary?) release  from Nitroplus. (Something like the new release of  Jingai Makyou last year.) So I guess Django isn't cancelled, but we should not expect a release any time soon.

On the bright side they also said they expect Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi. to release before or at Anime Expo 2019 so in the next 12 months.

Well, I'm mostly happy that Jast is releasing the next chapter of Flowers. The other announcements don't really look that interesting.

What's so special about Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi btw?! Seems to be just another school life VN. Although judging by the description, it sounds a bit like a poor man's Subahibi.

But I'm overall more interested in MangaGamer's and Sekai's announcements. I wonder if they'll announce yet another Rance title, since we don't already have enough waiting in the pipeline. :amane:

It would also be nice if Sekai would finally announce when they are going to send their hard copies of Chrono Clock, since I'm still waiting for mine, and it's more than a year overdue now. :wacko:

Edited by ChaosRaven

Spike Chunsoft's STEINS;GATE panel just ended and they did actually livestream their panel on twitch.

As expected the panel was all about Steins;Gate Elite, a new version that uses both the visual novel and the anime from White Fox to recreate the Visual Novel with animation. If I heard them correctly they produced new animated content for this. It was presented by Matsubara Tatsuya the director of the Steins;Gate VN.

You can watch the panel here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/281187150

or here:

1 hour ago, ChaosRaven said:

Well, I'm mostly happy that Jast is releasing the next chapter of Flowers. The other announcements don't really look that interesting.

What's so special about Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi btw?! Seems to be just another school life VN. Although judging by the description, it sounds a bit like a poor man's Subahibi.

But I'm overall more interested in MangaGamer's and Sekai's announcements. I wonder if they'll announce yet another Rance title, since we don't already have enough waiting in the pipeline. :amane:

It would also be nice if Sekai would finally announce when they are going to send their hard copies of Chrono Clock, since I'm still waiting for mine, and it's more than a year overdue now. :wacko:

To explain exactly what makes totono special would be a huge spoiler. Which means it's the type of school life VN where major spoilers are possible. There's a lot more to it than it first seems. I wouldn't say it's much like Subahibi. If you want to compare it to another VN, I'd say Doki Doki Literature Club is a poor man's version of totono.

10 hours ago, Kiriririri said:

Well firstly, this is not an official video but just a recording of a stream by a normal person not related to JAST in any way for those who couldn't go, but are really interested in what happened in the panel. You can still hear what they talk about and that is the most important in my opinion.

Secondly, the video doesn't show the cosplayer because that goes against the rules.

I get what you are saying, but I find it silly to not make an official video. Since they have the presentation anyway, recording it seems like a minor extra and it's their chance of tricking potential customers to watch an one hour advertisement for themselves. Most companies would pay a fortune for such a chance. Since they aren't making the video themselves, we end up with something of a quality where a number of people decide to not watch due to the quality itself and those who do watch get less of the positive effect from it. Seems like a missed opportunity for JAST and annoying for the rest of us.

uh oh that doesn't sound too good.

Edit: So at the panel they announced release dates for Island and LocaLove, advertised Momoiro Closet, and announced a new h-rpg vn named Lilitales that's going to be released on Steam with a free 18+ patch and they're currently trying to find somewhere to sell it with 18+ stuff intact.

Edited by MeguminBlast
just added what frontwing said

In their second panel Spike Chunsoft announced that the official name of the Uchikoshi Koutarou project is AI: The Somnium Files. It will be released on Steam, PS4 and Switch.

Trailer:

They also confirmed the previous leaked announcement of YU-NO. This is the remake version that came out last year on PS4 and Vita in Japan. For us the translation comes out in 2019 for Steam and PS4.

And lastly the announced the release date for 428: Shibuya Scramble. The VN will release on September the 4th 2018, with a demo earlier this summer, on Steam and PS4.

Trailer:

You can watch their entire second panel here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/281302899

Or here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPwpoXdG_Zo

I am just adding some more information from Frontwings panel here, for the people that don't check the opening post.

The whole panel can be watched here:

https://livestream.com/anime-industry/events/8278983/videos/177321186?t=1530851944046

Island is set to release in late Summer 2018 and Loca Love in Autumm 2018.

Lilitales has a NSFW Trailer over on Twitter:

Spoiler

14 hours ago, Decay said:

To explain exactly what makes totono special would be a huge spoiler. Which means it's the type of school life VN where major spoilers are possible. There's a lot more to it than it first seems. I wouldn't say it's much like Subahibi. If you want to compare it to another VN, I'd say Doki Doki Literature Club is a poor man's version of totono.

How the fuck is "Kimi no Kanojo to Kanojo to Koi" shortened to fucking "totono"