Fuwanovel's VN recommendation website design

BunnyAdvocate

The Fuwa VN recommendation list is progressing well (see post). In just under a week, we've gotten over 17 thousand votes and a pretty reliable ranking of newbie VNs. I won't be posting the results just yet as I'll leave the voting open for another week and I don't want to distort any votes by showing the current ranking, but it's a great mix of genres so far. We're currently experimenting with a few different sorting algorithms to get the best result. 

We're also working on the website that'll allow users to enter their genre preferences and display the best newbie VNs in those genres, and are looking for any web designers who might be interested in giving a hand. While I'm adequate for an amateur, I'm no expert, and I'd love to get the input of some more experienced designers. If you're interested, just reply here, or send me a DM on Discord (Sunleaf_Willow /(^ n ^=)\#1616).

I am interested in creating the website.

My solution is to create a system where you first input the different visual novel into a database via the website user interface, users will then select the different genres, and it will show them a list of all of the novel with the select genre.

You could manually input the rating for the novels, or the website could use the https://vndb.org API to get the ranking of the selected novels so the highest-ranking novel will appear at the top of the list.

I have not used the  https://vndb.org API before. However, I have lot of experience in other types of API, which means I am relatively sure that I will be able to get it working within a short time frame.

It should also be possible to get data about the visual novel using the API, which will prevent you having to input the data manually.

If you want to see example of some the work I have created before I can send you my profile.

I am willing to work for cheap rates.

It you are interested I can sent you my email, so we can talk about the project in more detail.

2 hours ago, Palas said:

Hello, thanks for your post.

Right now we have the data we need and it's arranged the way we need; @BunnyAdvocate has taken care of the code and we've decided to go for a quiz to determine which VNs are shown to the user. What we're looking for right now is someone to help with the website's interface.

OK.

Sorry about the double post.

Edited by hollowsamff

8 hours ago, hollowsamff said:

I am interested in creating the website.

My solution is to create a system where you first input the different visual novel into a database via the website user interface, users will then select the different genres, and it will show them a list of all of the novel with the select genre.

You could manually input the rating for the novels, or the website could use the https://vndb.org API to get the ranking of the selected novels so the highest-ranking novel will appear at the top of the list.

I have not used the  https://vndb.org API before. However, I have lot of experience in other types of API, which means I am relatively sure that I will be able to get it working within a short time frame.

It should also be possible to get data about the visual novel using the API, which will prevent you having to input the data manually.

If you want to see example of some the work I have created before I can send you my profile.

I am willing to work for cheap rates.

It you are interested I can sent you my email, so we can talk about the project in more detail.

Oh sorry for being unclear. This is just a fan project. There won't be any ads or patreon or anything else generating revenue, we're just doing it for the fun of it, so it isn't a paid gig. The coding is generally pretty straightforward, it's just the visual style that I'd love to get some other's ideas on. You're still welcome to help out with the code if you like, but I totally get if you aren't interested in an unpaid gig.

• 5 years later...

Hey there! I came across this thread and wow, the Fuwa VN recommendation list sounds super cool! It's amazing to see so many votes in such a short time. Can't wait to see the final rankings once the voting is done. I noticed you're looking for web designers to help with the website. While I'm new here and not exactly an expert, I know this awesome cbd web development company that might be able to assist. You can check them out at clientverge.com/cannabis-cbd-website-design-company. They have some really neat designs and could offer some great input. Anyway, just wanted to pop in and offer my help. Keep up the fantastic work, and if there's anything else I can do, just let me know.

Edited by AlexandraRiggs