Anyone still able to access EGS without proxy outside Japan?

ChaosRaven

Until a short while ago it was possible to access the Japanese VN rating site EGS without a proxy via http://egs.omaera.org/~ap2/ero/toukei_kaiseki/. But this link doesn't seem to work anymore, at least for me. Is it still working for others or am I the only one who gets a 505 Gateway timeout error?

Anyone know another link that can be used without proxy?

10 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

They really do seem to put up a lot of effort into keeping westerners out. :vinty:

Not sure if it's worth to ask for unblocking, since I use the site just occasionally to make some comparisons with VNDB.

Still annoying though...

It's automated DDOS blocking though

Normally I don't use EGS too much here other than to see the seiyuu list and compare the score, although admittely this is quite annoying though now that we can't access this easily. For the info here, usually I just using Google Translate to forcefully read the content though looks like it wouldn't work on my handphone.

PS - Looks like I can still access it through US server at ProxySite, although this might be temporary though if it's true that EGS tried very hard to keep the overseas user out.

Edited by littleshogun

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Many Japanese and Chinese servers are unavailable to users from Europe and the USA.   Some of them are not available even when using a VPN. Therefore, I think it's worth learning how to use proxy servers. The proxy server allows you to protect the client's computer from some network attacks and helps to maintain the client's anonymity. Hence, its use not only allows you to access inaccessible sites but also to protect your computer. Therefore, there are many sites where users can buy proxies online and not think about additional links.

Edited by doritadaskam

Speaking of the topic here nowadays I have easier time to access Erogamescape (ie no need to either use proxy or Google Translate), although I'm no longer use Erogamescape scores as the listed score for my best VNs list anyway (Not since I learnt that Erogamescape score of Umineko Episode 8 was at 58).

Edited by littleshogun