Showing a friend some anime

A friend of mine (18 years old) was always against anime, which i understood and respected. He is/was still in school and I didn't watch any anime back then aswell, since I thought it was rather weird and "uncool".
That was until recently, when he was so bored that he decided to watch "Cars 3" on his own. - I was like... Are. You. Fking. Serious?! :D
So after some talking I was able to convince him to watch some anime with me. Thats where I need your help. I only get one shot at this and if I pick the wrong stuff he might never try it again :P

Infos about him: He likes series with a lot of action or/and where the protaginist is badass (e.g. Punisher, Sons of Anarchy, Shooter). They don't have to be badass in a brutal way. It's fine if they "destroy" someone on a mental level (House of cards, Suits). He is also a big fan of most super hero movies. I think his favourite hero woud be Iron Man.

I thought about showing him the first episode of a few animes from different genres. So I am looking for some good anime shows with an entertaining first episode that don't seem too "weird" for someone who isn't used to it. ^^
Maby something funny like One Punch Man, something a bit darker like Berserk/AoT/Hellsing (maby a bit too weird for the beginning), something different/chill like Samurai Camploo or Cowboy Bebop. 
I don't watch that much anime myself and I would appreciate some help :) Which anime(s) would you show him if you were in my position? Thanks!

Edited by Moonsterleg
colour edit

Always start with Death Note. It isn't the best but is one of the surest starting animes. And if he likes stuff like house of cards he will probably enjoy it. That being said, if he likes superhero stuff try Full Metal Alchemist, plenty of good action with really great plot. Berserk and Hellsing may be a bit dark for a first anime. Ask him if he liked mecha, stuff like transformers, seeing as he did like iron man. 00 Gundam would be great then as it has your badass antihero protagonist with plenty of action and a good plot.

Edited by Akshay

1 minute ago, mitchhamilton said:

claymore is good but the problem is its unfinished, the anime anyways.

dont go elfen lied, ill tell you that. the naked children may put him off.

Claymore for starting I think that is good, I remember that watch every anime that I found interesting and I didn't care is bad or not. I watched Claymore months ago and I didn't like the ending, but started to read the manga (obvious he won't read the manga). 

19 minutes ago, Black99 said:

Claymore for starting I think that is good, I remember that watch every anime that I found interesting and I didn't care is bad or not. I watched Claymore months ago and I didn't like the ending, but started to read the manga (obvious he won't read the manga). 

it is good, for sure but he just might be off put by it just stopping but not ending.

Thank you for all those recommendations!

5 hours ago, Clephas said:

Drifters

Completely forgot about Drifters! Thats a good idea actually :D 

4 hours ago, Zidan209 said:

Tengen toppa gurren lagann or Code Geass

I thought about Code Geass but I personally needed a few episodes to get into it :P 

3 hours ago, Akshay said:

Always start with Death Note. It isn't the best but is one of the surest starting animes. And if he likes stuff like house of cards he will probably enjoy it. That being said, if he likes superhero stuff try Full Metal Alchemist, plenty of good action with really great plot. Berserk and Hellsing may be a bit dark for a first anime. Ask him if he liked mecha, stuff like transformers, seeing as he did like iron man. 00 Gundam would be great then as it has your badass antihero protagonist with plenty of action and a good plot.

Yeah Death Note was on my mind aswell, I just forgot to put it into the thread ^^ I'm pretty sure he isn't a big mecha fan and that he likes iron man more for the character of Tony Stark than for the suit. My bad should have been more specific there.

3 hours ago, Akshay said:

Full Metal Alchemist

3 hours ago, Black99 said:

Nanatsu no Taizai is a good series with lot of action and fights. 

5 hours ago, Clephas said:

Overlord

Not bad ideas, especially because we share a netflix acount and all these are in the german version. I might add one of these and recommend the others. :)

I should probably add 08th MS Team if he likes mechs but wants something grittier (the most realistic-feeling Gundam series I've seen).

If he doesn't mind female protagonists... Noir.  Black Lagoon or Jormungand are also options.