Palas

Recommend a VN to Fuwa's Recommendation Program

Hello, Fuwa!

We've always been a community with nice discussions, a great recommendations subforum and people who like very different VNs across all genres, languages and styles. So it's about time this shared knowledge and warm, vibrant community produces something everyone can use to browse through VNs. This is why we're now developing a Fuwa Recommendation Program!

It's like a recommendation chart, except it isn't a chart but a quiz! We want to provide recommendations based on the user's tastes, general preferences and experience - from the newbie-friendly starter VNs to the super specific untranslated VN for the oldbie. So we need a big, diverse and interesting list from which the program can generate a shortlist for you. And you're very welcome to suggest new titles!

Currently, we're at 301 titles, 50 of which are EVNs and 55 of which are untranslated:

Check the current list out here and post titles you want to see recommended to everyone that you're not seeing on the list!

Thanks to everyone who is making this possible, especially BunnyAdvocate (once again bringing amazing algorithms and info to the table), without whom this wouldn't be possible at all. I hope we can bring all kinds of VN players and readers together for this.

EDIT: The site is now ready! Access it here. You can keep recommending VNs, as we'll add more over time.

so like the reddit recommendation chart? I'm in!

Edit: Took a quick glance and it seems that Gyakuten Saiban 2 and 3 do not seem to be in the list, despite other entries in the series being included. 

Edited by wei123

3 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

The House in Fata Morgana is superior to most of the garbage on that list currently. 

You're welcome to read Fata Morgana over and over again for the rest of your life, but I think this initiative is based on assumption that people might want to play more than one VN. And deciding which one is the best ever is also not the point. :P

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

You put the JP title for some stupid reason. If this is a list for English fans... why? lol

1 minute ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

You're welcome to read Fata Morgana over and over again for the rest of your life, but I think this initiative is based on assumption that people might want to play more than one VN. And deciding which one is the best ever is also not the point. :P

people who want to read more than one VN are in for a bad time. also its a joke

7 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

You put the JP title for some stupid reason. If this is a list for English fans... why? lol

Yep, I'm trolling too, please ignore me. :P

Plus it's convenient to keep Japanese titles when you're using VNDB stats, it might be changed later down the line.

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

10 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

We didn't, vndb did. This applies to every title on the list and this is not, obviously, the final list, which is why we're posting it here in the first place - because right now this isn't the most important point but to get more quality titles for all kinds of players.

5 minutes ago, Palas said:

We didn't, vndb did. This applies to every title on the list and this is not, obviously, the final list, which is why we're posting it here in the first place - because right now this isn't the most important point but to get more quality titles for all kinds of players.

ok so why is Little Busters on the list?
Im done now. Good idea and best of luck! 

Gonna propose more otoges and BLs:

CUPID, Shingakkou -Noli-, Omerta, Hakuouki, Period Cube, Bad Apple Wars, 7'Scarlet, Fashioning Lil' Miss Lonesome, Café 0 -The Drowned Mermaid-, Cinders, Lamento -Beyond The Void-, Locked Heart.

Also Clockwork Ley-line series. Never 7, Remember 11, 12riven, Code_18. Zero Time Dillema, Corpse Party Book of Shadows, Sound of Drop -Fall into Poison-.

Edited by SeniorBlitz

I'd recommend (ones that i didn't see, but i might've missed):
Kara no Shoujo Second Episode
Phantom of Inferno
Ikusa Megami Zero, Verita and Memoria
Chou no Doku Hana no Kusari
The Letter
Rance VI
Utawarerumono Mask of Deception and Mask of Truth
Eve Burst Error
MajiKoi A1-A2 (the ones i've played)
Danganronpa V3