Koisora

Minamijuujisei Renka

Sakura no Uta

Natsuyume Nagisa

Making Lovers

Mashiro Iro Symphony

Koinaku

Astraythem

There are some notorious titles missing like Muramasa, Evolimit and Sekai de Ichiban Dame na Koi too. I think that i already recommend too much, so it's better to stop for now.

Edited by Norleas

3 hours ago, Templarseeker said:

Hmm... I didn't Long Live The Queen and Hatoful Boyfriend  in the list? Is it possible to add them? :sachi:

Hatoful Boyfriend is on there, just with it's Japanese title at the moment (as the names are copied from vndb). We'll try to update them with the English names before finishing this. As for Long Live the Queen, I'd love to include it, but VNDB removed it from their site. We could perhaps include it on our tool without a vndb link.

3 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

You mean the titles that have the biggest number of votes, right?

Yeah, "most popular" = "most votes" according to our approach.

For those who want a preview of what's to come, once we've finished collecting VN suggestions, we'll be putting them into a "sorter" type quiz like this. Where users are presented with a random pair of VNs, and asked which is a better newbie pick. We'll hopefully have enough votes from enough people to be able to create a pretty decent sorted newbie list from that.

Edited by BunnyAdvocate

Chrono Box absolutely must be on there, or I'll rage! 

A few other cool untranslated VNs I'd recommend:

• Ryuu Kishi Bloody Saga

• Kimi e Okuru, Sora no Hana

• Shiniyuku Kimi, Yakata ni Mebuku Zouo

• Shirogane no Soleil -Successor of Wyrd- <<Unmei no Keishousha>>

•XX Of The Dead

Oh and let me know when the list is done. This is definitely something we should pin in the recommendation board! 

19 hours ago, Palas said:

LLtQ isn't on vndb, so unfortunately we can't include it in this list right now. Later on it might be possible, maybe. 

Yes... I kind of notice that too.. How could they missed it? Anyways thank you for the clarification!  :maple:

18 hours ago, BunnyAdvocate said:

Hatoful Boyfriend is on there, just with it's Japanese title at the moment (as the names are copied from vndb). We'll try to update them with the English names before finishing this. As for Long Live the Queen, I'd love to include it, but VNDB removed it from their site. We could perhaps include it on our tool without a vndb link.

Oh that would be nice! Also why did VNDB removed it from the first place? Do they not like the game?! :rize:

And many thanks for the clarification! Keep up the great work!!! :mare:

Edited by Templarseeker

lltq was removed because it's not visual-noveley enough. I p much agree with the decision tbh

I def agree with the review or comment thing; I could probably write some of them on my own

My prediction for the user-generated noob rec order is that it will be highly suboptimal but the idea amuses me so we'll see what happens I guess

Thank you for the suggestions everyone, I believe they've now been added except in the case of a few sequels. Where VNs require you to have read the earlier VN in the series to understand the plot (VLR), or where subsequent sequels are fundamentally the same core game as the original (Ace Attorney 2-5), we removed them. We're also updating the names to reflect their English titles where the English name is much more well known. Thanks again for your input everyone! If you spot any other names to change/errors in the list/VN's we're missing, please let me know~

On 13/06/2018 at 12:44 PM, phantomJS said:

I purpose adding a small comment or short review section besides the list so that users know why a specific VN is in it. Otherwise, it's gonna seriously lack context :)

Edited:

Hello, World has a display issue in the list

Ah yep, we'll be sure to have a little user review comment section for each VN.

25 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Some VNs don't have 18+ versions, but they are marked as having h-scenes for some reason. Is this a mistake, or is this somehow intended?

https://vndb.org/v10792

https://vndb.org/v17131

https://vndb.org/v7833

These are the ones I noticed, I didn't check everything.

CUPID has sexual content, but it is text only.

1 hour ago, Dreamysyu said:

Some VNs don't have 18+ versions, but they are marked as having h-scenes for some reason. Is this a mistake, or is this somehow intended?

https://vndb.org/v10792

https://vndb.org/v17131

https://vndb.org/v7833

These are the ones I noticed, I didn't check everything.

Funnily enough, we've just been discussing that topic. Currently, anything that has a sexual content tag is flagged as adult. If you check all 3 of those VNs and turn on "show me spoilers," you'll see all 3 have sexual content tags. However this often just tends to be a text-only reference to a sexual act rather than a h-scene. So we're going to try and update such VNs to not be flagged as adult, but instead have a note in their description that the story touches on some sexual themes.