Recommendations with believable romance

Larxe1

By believable, I mean its well paced up to the formation of their relationship, and where the girls love the MC for being the MC. After finding out what I really like(I thought I liked ichaicha and moeges but it led to me dying inside because it was predictable and my suspension of disbelief was stretched too much.), which is a good transition from friends to couple. That transition affects my enjoyment for the rest of the game, as I can't forget if this certain couple only became a couple because this MC was an altruistic idiot and was kind at the right times that they loved each other.

Not a requirement but I would enjoy heroines who are like Rina from Fureraba and Usagi from PxH 2.It's the charismatic and confident types. Untranslated(just not a bit too complex) and english is fine.

Edited by Larxe1

* ef - a fairy tale of the two. Multiple romance stories which are somehow connected. Quite a lot of drama (and emotional feels).

* Grisaia no Kajitsu. Great writing and comedy (in the common route). Character routes ..... get pretty suspenseful. It explores quite a lot of themes.

* Clannad. Some routes have pretty good romance. It's themes will smack you in the heart at times.

* Symphonic Rain. Pretty much drops the moege elements (mostly). There's surprising depth in the characters, and some plot twists. It's a pretty unique VN.

* I second Katawa Shoujo. It's subject matter and characters are handled pretty well.

* Kono Oozora. Manages to be very light hearted, and yet still has some action. It has some adventure, with romance along the way. A new fan translation was released recently, which you should use.

* Wagamama High Spec. Similar to Fureraba in a lot of ways (and has even more ero content).

5 hours ago, Larxe1 said:

Is this similiar to Hoshi Ori?  I really had trouble playing it due to its slow-paced nature at the start

It's a similar pace, but better, especially on the common route, comparing with Hoshiori  it feels that more things are going on.

Edited by Norleas

I think what's believable romance would be vary to each people here, so unfortunately I can suggest the VN that will certainly fulfill your request. That said, since you ask some heroine who like Rinarin from Fureraba may as well recommend Miagete in which it have same type of heroine as her (Hikari). Other than that, maybe you can try Hatsukoi Sankaime in regard of Yurinon who is the MC himself already have crush to. Also in case you take a liking to Noble Works, perhaps I can recommend both of Dracu Riot and Sanoba there along with Amairo, and see whether you liking them or not. For the last recommendation, I guess you can try Harugi as well. I hope all of my recommendations here will be helpful, even though it might not fulfilling your taste.

Edited by littleshogun

Hikari was great. She is also somewhat similar to Ageha from KonoSora (and they even have same voice ;) ). Also, don't be discouraged by lack of +18 translated version of Miagete - in that case, all-ages version is really good and "complete" in its own way.

Katawa Shoujo is indeed good too.

Edited by adamstan

14 hours ago, littleshogun said:

I think what's believable romance would be vary to each people here, so unfortunately I can suggest the VN that will certainly fulfill your request. That said, since you ask some heroine who like Rinarin from Fureraba may as well recommend Miagete in which it have same type of heroine as her (Hikari). Other than that, maybe you can try Hatsukoi Sankaime in regard of Yurinon who is the MC himself already have crush to. Also in case you take a liking to Noble Works, perhaps I can recommend both of Dracu Riot and Sanoba there along with Amairo, and see whether you liking them or not. For the last recommendation, I guess you can try Harugi as well. I hope all of my recommendations here will be helpful, even though it might not fulfilling your taste.

Looked at Hatsukoi Sankaime's tags, and it's really interesting. Saw the mystery tag which made me more interested.Is this a nakige or something? Ghost heroines dont usually end very happily, also mystery tags are there so yeah

As for Sankaime, the endings is more or less a happy one so you didn't need to worry about that. Also in regard of mystery while it's not as intricate as any detective stories, at least it still enough to keep the interest for a bit while even though it's very light. I leave it to you in regard of how you'll gonna enjoy Sankaime later if you decided to play this, but keep in mind that this is only charage so don't expect very heavy story here.