Took a short break from VNs, need some new recommendations.

>Strong story

>Fureraba

Trust me. If you want a strong story, you're not gonna find it there. Also, apparently romance VN = moege, which is completely untrue.

Here are a few good VNs with romance as a decently main focus that have good stories.

• Himawari
  • Fata Morgana
  • Enigma
  • Majikoi
  • Chrono Clock (Only 4 of the routes do, just warning you)

Hope that tides you over for a while.

2 hours ago, adamstan said:

Could you say something encouraging about Himawari? I remember reading somewhere on this forum, that it was bad, boring, etc etc...

If you are interested, you can read through this thread:

From what I remember, it had quite a lot of opinions about this VN, both positive and negative ones. Well, while I'm personally more on "bad and boring" side, I see why somebody who doesn't care about some details would enjoy it a lot more.

PS. Also, the OP read it already.

Edited by Dreamysyu

Thanks for the help everyone! :sachi: 

19 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

>Strong story

>Fureraba

Trust me. If you want a strong story, you're not gonna find it there. Also, apparently romance VN = moege, which is completely untrue.

Here are a few good VNs with romance as a decently main focus that have good stories.

• Himawari
  • Fata Morgana
  • Enigma
  • Majikoi
  • Chrono Clock (Only 4 of the routes do, just warning you)

Hope that tides you over for a while.

Enigma looks really interesting! I have no idea why I've never heard of it before, but I'm definitely going to give that a shot. I've tried a teeny bit of Chrono Clock before, but I guess I judged it too quickly(I just regarded it as one of those VNs that's just cute girls doing cute things). Does it get a lot better later on? 

On 6/10/2018 at 9:08 PM, wei123 said:

Since Clannad's on your vndb list, I recommend Tomoyo After.

Ahh I actually never finished Clannad :/ I couldn't get past the first few chapters although I know the story gets really good later on. 

31 minutes ago, ScintillatingSofa said:

Enigma looks really interesting! I have no idea why I've never heard of it before, but I'm definitely going to give that a shot. I've tried a teeny bit of Chrono Clock before, but I guess I judged it too quickly(I just regarded it as one of those VNs that's just cute girls doing cute things). Does it get a lot better later on?

I mainly enjoyed it for its comedy, so if it's not to your taste, maybe the drama in the routes will be.

Sorry for the belated recommendation here. As for the recommendations matter, I would say perhaps you can try both of Tsujidou and Miagete although keep in mind that the latter is censored though. If you want more recommendation, perhaps you can try both of Da Capo trilogy and HatsuKoi (Beware thoght the MC himself is quite infamous in two routes). I hope my recommendations will be helpful to you.

Edited by littleshogun