Delete devblog updates from the Forums frontpage, add more space for latest blogposts

4 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

To be honest, I'd rather prefer if it stopped being dead at some point. And removing it from the frontpage is the best way to make sure that this never happens. But, well, other than that, it seems like a reasonable idea.

Well, it's kind of redundant with the Original VN Projects subforum, I think it's one of the reasons it wasn't used much. Plus posts made there would still show up in the normal blog feed, wouldn't they?

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

8 minutes ago, ittaku said:

I think we also need a separate section for the most popular category of posts on this forum too - shitposts.

Isn't that what the leaderboard is for, cataloguing all the shitposts and their authors? We can always add "Shitposter of the Day" tab on the homepage though. :P

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

17 minutes ago, ittaku said:

I think we also need a separate section for the most popular category of posts on this forum too - shitposts.

It's already here.

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/forum/104-the-coliseum-of-chatter/

11 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Isn't that what the leaderboard is for, cataloguing all the shitposts and their authors?

Especially considering that, like @tymmur noticed, they don't even work. :sachi:

8 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Nah, I think they work, they just show the current rankings and the daily summaries according to different timezones. :P

Well, I thought that myself, but, after I tried to take notice for a few days, it doesn't really look this way. Some likes simply disappear in the leaderboard.

It's not like that actually matters, lol. Unless it's a sign that something more important is wrong.

12 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Nah, I think they work, they just show the current rankings and the daily summaries according to different timezones. :P

Nope, it really doesn't. I paid attention and it does something other than "get votes for user on date x". Something is going on, which can't be explained by timezones.

6 hours ago, Zakamutt said:

delete people using frontpage and not unread content tbh

I'm not doing either. Going directly to blogs page each time...

Absolutely agree with Plk_Lesiak that dev update feed should go from front page. But I'm also concerned about blogs page since Dev Boards Updates have not been updated for a year and FuwaReviews Team for over two years and they keep on being pinned and require scrolling down each time not to mention the image in Dev Boards Updates hanging for a year and my eyes really get weary of it. There's already Featured Entries on top of the page so why also having two ancient pinned threads as well...

Edited by kivandopulus

1 hour ago, kivandopulus said:

But I'm also concerned about blogs page since Dev Boards Updates have not been updated for a year and FuwaReviews Team for over two years and they keep on being pinned and require scrolling down each time not to mention the image in Dev Boards Updates hanging for a year and my eyes really get weary of it. There's already Featured Entries on top of the page so why also having two ancient pinned threads as well...

Yeah, I didn't want to fight too many battles at once, but this too, having long-dead blogs being pinned on top of tge blog portal makes a really poor impression. 

The dev blogs are not just for OELVN posts, but also for translation project recruitment and more. While it has been dead for a while, I'm personally not on super keen on the idea of removing it from the front page. (I was in fact thinking of making a post in the TL recruitment part of the blog just last week.) That being said, I can see where you're coming from. It has been dead for a while. (I also don't think we have given permission to use the blog to anyone new for a long time. Back during it's peak activity period, people were getting the rights to post there quite frequently.)

If it would be possible to remove the updates temporarily until a new update is posted again, then that would be ideal. Issue is that the dev blog feed is supposed to be separated from the other blog posts, as it does take priority, so making the two slots for dev blogs just normal blogs instead could mess with that.

This is ultimately something Tay would have to look into, if removing the feed is a popular opinion among fuwa users.

3 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

This is ultimately something Tay would have to look into, if removing the feed is a popular opinion among fuwa users.

So, you say it might happen 6 months from now, but probably not? :meguface:

If there's an actual use for the tab I don't mind it staying, but the way I see it now even if you make that post, it probably will be the only one there for the next 6-10 months and such annoucments already have their own place on the Forums' boards, while the community blogs are one of the more lively parts of the Forums and have relatively little visibility. I actually hoped that this kind of modification could be done without Tay/Nayleen doing it themselves though. :vinty:

34 minutes ago, kivandopulus said:

Does unpinning fall under the same category?

Yes. Well, it is possible global mods can do something to it. They do have more permissions than us. But, I don't know if they can make direct edits to the site like that, even if it is something that simple. You'd have to ask @Kaguya or @Zenophilious about that.

4 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Yes. Well, it is possible global mods can do something to it. They do have more permissions than us. But, I don't know if they can make direct edits to the site like that, even if it is something that simple. You'd have to ask @Kaguya or @Zenophilious about that.

We do have admin control panel access, so it should be possible, but I have no idea how to do it and might break the forums as a result.

Could maybe look into it.

2 hours ago, Palas said:

ᵇᵘᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ˡᵃᵗᵉˢᵗ ᶠᵘʷᵃʳᵉᵛᶦᵉʷ ᶦˢ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᵗʷᵒ ᵐᵒⁿᵗʰˢ ᵃᵍᵒ ᵃⁿᵈ ʳᵉᵛᶦᵉʷˢ ᵃʳᵉ ˢᵗᶦˡˡ ᵇᵉᶦⁿᵍ ᶜᵒˡˡᵉᶜᵗᵒᵉᵈ ᵇʸ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵉᵛᶦᵉʷˢ ᵃᵍᵍʳᵉᵍᵃᵗᵒʳ ᵃˡˡ ᵗʰᵉ ᵗᶦᵐᵉ

Yeaaaah, but the bot that handled blog reposts is dead for that long and I can bet money on it staying like that forever. If we keep every dead feature because "it might magically become useful again at some unspecified point in the future" nothing will ever change on the site and it'll just turn more and more into a museum, with well-preserved corpse of the Fuwa community being the main exhibit. :P