What kind of VN do you enjoy the best?

Larxe1

Somewhat in order

1) Fun, likable, interesting and/or developed characters

2) Engaging story in some way (doesn't need worldbuilding liek Fate or Muv-luv just something interesting/funny/heartwarming happening most of the time)

3) Good feels in someway, generally im not into downer endings UNLESS the VN was made for it

4) Good vanilla H-scenes (good art, at least decent length-wise, has my favorite position(s))

5) Good plot twists. Doesnt necessarily have to be unpredictable (but always welcome!) but more something that shakes up the plot enough so it's not too same-y the whole time.

On one hand, comedy and loveable characters makes me smile (and I need reasons to laugh). Ditto for well written dialogue. On the other hand, dark suspenseful stories, plot twists, and tearjerker scenes are unforgettable for me, and I like that as well.

Sounds contradictory. But dark and serious makes the comedy stand out more. And vice versa.

23 hours ago, r0xm2n said:

On one hand, comedy and loveable characters makes me smile (and I need reasons to laugh). Ditto for well written dialogue. On the other hand, dark suspenseful stories, plot twists, and tearjerker scenes are unforgettable for me, and I like that as well.

Sounds contradictory. But dark and serious makes the comedy stand out more. And vice versa.

This. And I am a sucker for nakige too ;p.

I am currently playing Wagamama. The thing is I am completely aware of what kind of game it is. But still I like it. 

Moege is my thing. It’s simple funny, eye candy. All the serious plot games just bore me. No offence anyone but if I want good plot I usually read a book. I don’t want to depreciate vn as a medium but this is how it works for me.

And after serious marathon of moege I do fell more cheerful.

But then I feel that even moege needs some drama to not become too flat. I mean - make the characters overcome some hardships, then the cute epilogue feels more satisfying. Wagamama does it right for moege, while I feel like Fureraba that I'm currently playing, could use some of that.

"Earn your happy ending" trope perhaps?

Edited by adamstan

Dont really have much choice tbh, i'll read anything and then decide for myself if i'll keep reading after diving a bit into it

personally I hope for more Chuuni stories such as Comyu and also perhaps some more VN trilogies to be released like Grisaia (Akatsuki no Goei anyone? :pyaa:) Atleast we got Tokeijikake no Leyline coming

As far as the genre that I enjoyed, perhaps my taste is leaning towards RPG because I'd find it interesting to level up the heroines. In general I'm more or less fine with anything though, as long as it didn't involved explicit scat like euphoria or any BL sex scenes.