Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

School Days is an awesome game ;p

Franky I was hoping that interactive anime genre will be more popular after School Days came out, This ought to be the future for Eroge !

+ Great Variety of Endings

+ great audio and Songs - Kanashimi no Mukou (one of my favourites Anime Songs ever)

+ decent to good visuals (for a game)

+ some nice fetishes involved

+ + + awesome concept of interactive Anime

- still not enough control over shujinkio (protag)

- Makoto is an ashole no matter what you do.

I agree Anime was lousy.

I've never watched School Days and I refuse to watch it. Just for the fact that I don't like Makoto.

If you check out Insem's twitter you'll see that he posted "2301/10474/45135/53707" on the 15th. 53707 is Dracu Riot's total line count, 45135 is total lines translated, 10474 is Miu route line count and 2301 is currently translated lines. He won't say anything since people are bothering him but he is in fact still translating the final route. Which is exactly what he said he would do if he couldn't find anyone else to do it before the end of 2013.

:o i did not know about this, thank you! i know he said he would finish it if he couldn't find a replacement but i thought he had just dropped it instead. i still have my save (just like my miyako save) sitting in miu's route right before the translated part ends

In my humble opinion Sachi´s Route was the best.

It had a nice plot twist and the resolution was done quite nicely too, only thing that is really bad with it is, how bad the bad ending is.

But the name "Bad end" kinda gives that away so ...

Sachi <3

By the way, I seem to remember that someone some pages back said that one of the routes in this game was extremely satisfying. Which one was it? There's been a ton of spoilers about this VN lately, so I don't wanna risk reading back the pages.

as previously stated, the route you are referring to was the sachi route (which is excellent), however let me just take this opportunity to support the Michiru route because it seems like she doesn't have many fans here. When i played through her route, I was impressed by how sweet of a girl she is. probably one of the sweetest characters I've seen

and of course, the scene with the cat and the scene with the mom at the end... pretty hard not to shed manly tears

Edit: also makina's bad end surprised me (since i hadn't realized i accidently chose the bad end) and was pretty messed up. although i haven't seen the bad ends in the other routes (yes i know that there are important plot points in them, i just can't bring myself to put the girls through that) so i can't really compare them

I really did not notice the first time I played it but there are way too many H-scenes in Majikoi S. I want to read this route mostly for the story with just a couple of H-scenes to brighten the mood but there is more H than story at this point. The route I am in has had about 5 H-scenes in the 3 hours that I have been playing. At some point I went from 1 H-scene to the next to the next with a less than 5 minute interval. The H-scenes are long too. Some of them are more than 15 minutes. At this rate my body will give out before I can get the final line. 

I regret nothing.

I really did not notice the first time I played it but there are way too many H-scenes in Majikoi S. I want to read this route mostly for the story with just a couple of H-scenes to brighten the mood but there is more H than story at this point. The route I am in has had about 5 H-scenes in the 3 hours that I have been playing. At some point I went from 1 H-scene to the next to the next with a less than 5 minute interval. The H-scenes are long too. Some of them are more than 15 minutes. At this rate my body will give out before I can get the final line. 

I regret nothing.

Just out of curiosity which route are you playing?

I´m guessing it´s Margit´s route but i might be wrong :)

Little clarification - anime and manga have their own unique endings. I prefer VN because there are even some endings which can be described as "good". As for Makoto in anime, i would like to kill him myself((

there are few characters such as makoto who piss me off so bad i want to kill them the dude is such a total dick -_-

The thing with Grisaia is that the truth is much better(worse?) than what you imagine.I called a few things early, but other completely denied my expectations.

My fanboying for this game is far too excessive.

It may be excessive but totally understandable.

I broke into manly crocodile tears once I saw Grisaia no Meikyuu and Grisaia no Rakuen , and that someone was gonna translate them.

Well rather than waiting I am planning to finally learn Japanese and this is a huge motivation!

Agave. It is all sex. at least at first. I have not gotten far enough to talk about all of the route yet.

Majikoi S was an experiment by Minatosoft. They wanted to see if the fans would prefer a more nukige-approach than in the previous game. I believe they stated that if the feedback was less favorable than the previous game, they would do a 360 on the next game and make it more story-focused, which I think they did.

I regret nothing.

hey you don't have to sell me on it im already excited about it . geez what a braggart!  :P

I regret nothing.

Well, at least Monshiro's and Tsubame's routes are more story focused than the rest. Also, how the heck did you not notice this the first time?

Well, at least Monshiro's and Tsubame's routes are more story focused than the rest. Also, how the heck did you not notice this the first time?

Well I mostly played the Margit Tsubame and Mon routes. I will concede that the Margit route had a lot of H in it but it seemed Ok at the time because I already had story about Margit and I really like the H. For the Agave I mostly only want story. I am not too interested in the H scenes so they are somewhat annoying.

Agave after story is no longer "true" route. All after stories are concentrated arround H-stuff.

Majikoi S is more of a Fan disck than a real story continuation. I like it nevertheless for expanding on this great universe.

If it was about my preferences I would be happy to have new Majikoi game evry 2 years !

I have a question about Grisaia. Does this game ever give you any choices?

It does, but not very many. Basically you get one choice to lock you on/out of a route, and then one choice per route for good/bad end. I believe the first 3 choices don't matter at all. At any rate, they don't determine whose route you get.

It does, but not very many. Basically you get one choice to lock you on/out of a route, and then one choice per route for good/bad end. I believe the first 3 choices don't matter at all. At any rate, they don't determine whose route you get.

That's kinda lame. Also, you would think that you would be locked on Amane's route when she starts masturbating in your bed, but noooo.

Actually, are there any good VNs where the route changes per playthrough? Like, the first playthrough is one heroine, then the next changes to another heroines, then the next to another, and so on, without giving the player a choice.

That's kinda lame. Also, you would think that you would be locked on Amane's route when she starts masturbating in your bed, but noooo.

Actually, are there any good VNs where the route changes per playthrough? Like, the first playthrough is one heroine, then the next changes to another heroines, then the next to another, and so on, without giving the player a choice.

I don´t know if there are any good ones, but the system certainly exists.

I think it´s called enforced playing order, or at least that´s the name of the tag on vndb.

I don´t know if there are any good ones, but the system certainly exists.

I think it´s called enforced playing order, or at least that´s the name of the tag on vndb.

Yeah you're right and it's the case for A Profile who was mentioned before for instance.

What is  a Fan Disc? I have heard the term but I am not sure what it is?

fan disc (sometimes called fandisk or simply abbreviated as FD) is a package of additional content, usually released by a game company after the successful launch of one of its titles. The contents of fandiscs varies, but often includes new images, music, minigames and miscellaneous information related to the original game. Sometimes, fan discs will also feature whole new games in order to extend the original title's storyline; however, those are rarely considered true sequels, often depicting events of minor importance to the overreaching plot of the series and being considerably short. Alternatively, it is not uncommon for such games to present "What If" scenarios, retell certain events from the point-of-view of a different character or transport the main cast to a different setting.

Eroge visual novels, such as Popotan, frequently receive fan discs. Since most visual novels depict standalone stories, rarely warranting sequels, this particular genre notoriously employs fan discs as a medium to explore pre-established settings and profit from the original game's popularity. Sometimes, a fan disc is made as a compilation of the two separate, but similar games, aiming to serve as a link between them (the Come See Me Tonight series being an example).

Due to their nature, however, fan discs rarely receive fan-translations, even among those based on critically acclaimed titles: Since their contents are not required to the enjoyment of the original piece, most active translation groups prefer to move on to another projects involving full length games, especially if proper sequels have been released.

Tsukihime's PLUS-disc translation by mirror moon, MangaGamer's first official English translation of the Edelweiss fan disc, Edelweiss Eiden Fantasia and Jutsuki Sen & Co.'s partial patch of Muv-Luv: Altered Fable are notable examples of high-quality projects dedicated to make fan discs accessible to audiences unfamiliar with the Japanese language.