Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

Well, a good way to start would be to use your mighty snow influence to get this thread moved back to a relevant part of the forum so I can get my 1000+ post number.

Most of my post count are from the threads here, it's just that way back this sub forum does not exist so every post in game threads are + 1. Also the moe voting thing in the anime thread is a +1 as well.

So,how does the post number work?

+1 every post, except in GC. Posts are still counted even when the thread is moved here, the next post however won't give + 1

Morals are a subjective matter. For some people even killing others isn't morally wrong.

They are doing it to earn money, but it doesn't mean it can't be seen as a game. You could almost think of anything as a game. Actual wars are also a type of game, only with much more on the line.

That's insane bs, my friend. That sort of argument is pointless in any sort of discussion, because it's the "everything is relative, nothing can be proved."

When discussing this, I'm guessing that all of us here have at least a basic knowledge of what's right and what's wrong, in general terms.

War is like a game of dice, only the stakes are much higher.

It's sad if you really think so, appart from being completely wrong, as chance is a small part of war. It can sometimes affect big things, but for every war that has been affected greatly by chance, another hundred have not.

It's sad if you really think so, appart from being completely wrong, as chance is a small part of war. It can sometimes affect big things, but for every war that has been affected greatly by chance, another hundred have not.

It's more relevant to older, pre-gun wars. And it's in regards to your strategies and tactics. Once the battle starts, it's a matter of chance whether or not everything will go according to plan. That's why war is like a game of dice. You never know if you three 6's or The Dark One's eyes, once armies clash.

It's more relevant to older, pre-gun wars. And it's in regards to your strategies and tactics. Once the battle starts, it's a matter of chance whether or not everything will go according to plan. That's why war is like a game of dice. You never know if you three 6's or three 2's, once armies clash.

Nope.even a war without guns isn't based on luck at all.Why do you think the Romans were so good at winning battles,even with less troops than the opponent.I don't think all those decades of wars were just luck.

It's more relevant to older, pre-gun wars. And it's in regards to your strategies and tactics. Once the battle starts, it's a matter of chance whether or not everything will go according to plan. That's why war is like a game of dice. You never know if you three 6's or three 2's, once armies clash.

Personnaly, i think that war is 30% Technology, 30% Strategy, 30% experience and 10% chance.

Basically you need better weapon than your foe, so your industry will work in order to prepare the deadliest and the most useful tools in order to beat your foe.

In order to win a war, you need to win decisive battles, you need then a good chain of command as well as a lot of good strategies.

The experience is the best professor you can afford, veterans will always outrun newly fresh conscript.

Chance, chance can change the tide of a battle, as well as changing the result of the war, it is relied to many factors : weather, morale, luck...

Personnaly, i think that war is 30% Technology, 30% Strategy, 30% experience and 10% chance.

Basically you need better weapon than your foe, so your industry will work in order to prepare the deadliest and the most useful tools in order to beat your foe.

In order to win a war, you need to win decisive battles, you need then a good chain of command as well as a lot of good strategies.

The experience is the best professor you can afford, veterans will always outrun newly fresh conscript.

Chance, chance can change the tide of a battle, as well as changing the result of the war, it is relied to many factors : weather, morale, luck...

War is more like 70% strategy 20% exp. and 10% luck.It doesn't matter how experienced a general/strategist is,if the other person can just outsmart you.No matter how many wars you've fought in,if you can't strategise you will be defeated.Luck isn't a factor someone can change,and the bests of genrals know how to make the most out of luck,even bad luck.

Technology is out of the question since it would be 95% tech 5% strategy.No matter how many troops you have,no matter how well trained they are,no matter how good you are in strategising,if the enemy has a nuke you're screwed.

War is more like 70% strategy 20% exp. and 10% luck.It doesn't matter how experienced a general/strategist is,if the other person can just outsmart you.No matter how many wars you've fought in,if you can't strategise you will be defeated.Luck isn't a factor someone can change,and the bests of genrals know how to make the most out of luck,even bad luck.

Technology is out of the question since it would be 95% tech 5% strategy.No matter how many troops you have,no matter how well trained they are,no matter how good you are in strategising,if the enemy has a nuke you're screwed.

I'm talking in general, and sorry but even with nukes and napalm, america didn't won the vietnamese war.

Nope.even a war without guns isn't based on luck at all.Why do you think the Romans were so good at winning battles,even with less troops than the opponent.I don't think all those decades of wars were just luck.

Maybe the victories weren't luck, but the processes were.

The Romans were lucky when everything went according to plan. They were lucky they had disciplined troops, they were lucky they had good commanders, they were lucky their enemies were less trained, they were lucky their commanders didn't get hit by stray arrows. A thousand things can go wrong in a battle, and it is likely hundreds will.

Maybe the victories weren't luck, but the processes were.

The Romans were lucky when everything went according to plan. They were lucky they had disciplined troops, they were lucky they had good commanders, they were lucky their enemies were less trained, they were lucky their commanders didn't get hit by stray arrows. A thousand things can go wrong in a battle, and it is likely hundreds will.

That's not luck.Luck would be if the enemy accidentaly drank poison and died.Getting hit by a stray arrow(you can't know it didn't happen btw)is BAD luck,the exact opposite.

If that was the case,i'm the luckiest man alive.Since birth i haven't gotten hit by a car ONCE.Man i'm lucky.

That's not luck.Luck would be if the enemy accidentaly drank poison and died.Getting hit by a stray arrow(you can't know it didn't happen btw)is BAD luck,the exact opposite.

If that was the case,i'm the luckiest man alive.Since birth i haven't gotten hit by a car ONCE.

The thing is, anything can happen in battle. A lot of things are likely to happen in battle. Sometimes, you just gotta hope some of them don't.

At any rate, though, this discussion kinda ended, so I'd like to talk about something else. What did you have for breakfast?

The thing is, anything can happen in battle. A lot of things are likely to happen in battle. Sometimes, you just gotta hope some of them don't.

Luck,is when something that was very unlikely to happen happens,and benefits you(bad luck is the opposite).There is a very small chance that you get hit by a stray arrow in a fight and if you don't it isn't luck.There is a high chance that you get slashed(if the battle is with swords)in a battle,and if you DON'T(without fleeing)then you can consider yourself lucky.

Luck,is when something that was very unlikely to happen happens,and benefits you(bad luck is the opposite).There is a very small chance that you get hit by a stray arrow in a fight and if you don't it isn't luck.There is a high chance that you get slashed(if the battle is with swords)in a battle,and if you DON'T(without fleeing)then you can consider yourself lucky.

At any rate, though, this discussion kinda ended earlier, so I'd like to talk about something else. What did you have for breakfast?

I found something wonderful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1M69l7ZGlw

Found something even better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpGUpeIItro

For all ya yandere fans out there.

I think i heard my brain cells suicide after watching these two abominations.