Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

I read like, 2/3rds of F/SN. I heard the anime adaptation is crap, so I never watched it. I would guess it would cover the Fate route, considering how that was the original story, but I'm honestly hoping for Unlimited Blade Works.

Right choice for the anime adaptation. FSN is a long VN and they shorten it so a lot of scene that make it a good story were remove. Personnaly I think the movie was better.

Guest Draconos

We will probably still get a lot of "SEIBAAAAAAAAAA!!!!", since that was also a thing in the VN

Please no Seiba. I really can't bring myself to like Seiba in F SN. She's okay in F Z but I can't bring myself to like her in F SN. I want as little screen time for Seiba as possible. Sucks to be me right?

Please no Seiba. I really can't bring myself to like Seiba in F SN. She's okay in F Z but I can't bring myself to like her in F SN. I want as little screen time for Seiba as possible. Sucks to be me right?

Me and my vast collection of saber figures disapprove of you and your post :( lol

i disagree saber alter is awesome standard saber is flavorless, but sakura is where its at. ouraibaa knows whats the score!

I like the standard Saber because of the same reason Gilgamesh likes her: I love her turmoil. She just got fucked over (pun intended) in FSN, so she wasn't all that interesting. She needs more focus. Alter Saber is cool, too, though. ^__^

And I think you misunderstood what I said, Krill. I really, really dislike FSN Sakura for various reasons, but I can see why she would be appealing to a yandere fan.

Hmn. Though I never had any interest before now I kind of want to read Fate Stay Night(This is the name right?).

Fate/Stay Night, but both works.

[no linking or mentioning torrent sites]

Not sure if it's the adult or all ages version. I think it is all ages, in which case the sex-replacement scenes are in Japanese, BUT you can download the latest version of the adult-patch here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!10B3TIQT!BkYI1w88tv_3tBfWE7r3cVh8P-oKJ4Y3kOHi9UwLRO0

You might as well add it as well after installation. Can't hurt.

Also, read the routes in this order:

Fate (Saber), Rin (Unlimited Blade Works), Sakura (Heaven's Feel.).

I like the standard Saber because of the same reason Gilgamesh likes her: I love her turmoil. She just got fucked over (pun intended) in FSN, so she wasn't all that interesting. She needs more focus. Alter Saber is cool, too, though. ^__^

And I think you misunderstood what I said, Krill. I really, really dislike FSN Sakura for various reasons, but I can see why she would be appealing to a yandere fan.

well you did say sakura should be the love interest that's why i figured you liked her as well. but misunderstandings happen and i wont hold a grudge because you like standard vanilla saber my problem with her was simply that they didn't play up her turmoil they announced it then used it as motivation and speech fodder for other characters but she her self didn't really confront that in any meaningful way .and yeah sakura does appeal to the yandere fan in me i know she's not a traditional yandere but its hard to argue that she's not both insane and in love with the protag so i think she fits but i have seen others debate otherwise.

well you did say sakura should be the love interest that's why i figured you liked her as well. but misunderstandings happen and i wont hold a grudge because you like standard vanilla saber my problem with her was simply that they didn't play up her turmoil they announced it then used it as motivation and speech fodder for other characters but she her self didn't really confront that in any meaningful way .and yeah sakura does appeal to the yandere fan in me i know she's not a traditional yandere but its hard to argue that she's not both insane and in love with the protag so i think she fits but i have seen others debate otherwise.

I dislike both Shirou and FSN Sakura, so I would rather they romance each other than characters I actually DO like.

Guest Draconos

I agree. Saber is awesome. Hopefully they don't turn her into love interest this time, though. If it should be anyone, then it should be Sakura. Both Saber and Rin are too awesome for Shirou.

To be entirely honest. Considering the fact that I think she's fine in F Z but sucks in F SN may be because she's LI in F SN. This is just a theory though. And it doesn't change the fact that I don't like Seiba in F SN.

To be entirely honest. Considering the fact that I think she's fine in F Z but sucks in F SN may be because she's LI in F SN. This is just a theory though. And it doesn't change the fact that I don't like Seiba in F SN.

When Saber becomes LI, she changes from badass knight to an embarrassed teenager. And she falls for Shirou of all people. In the route that he is the MOST sexist. Unbelievable.

There's a lot of holes in that approach. Heaven's Feel fundamentally needs the other routes in order to work, because it doesn't solve a lot of the plot points (Which the previous routes did), so to people who haven't read the VN, the route would make no sense, and tons of characters would get killed off with little to no screen time. DEEN didn't manage to properly adapt the VN either, so that doesn't really count.

Besides, the majority of HF is really just cooking. So. Many. Cooking scenes.

Yeah, I kinda forgot that. Finished the VN a long time ago and it has been ages since I replayed it ._.

But yeah..the 3 books are connected in some way... Maybe this new adaptation will end up being

a mixed bag of all 3 routes? Somehow that doesn't sound like a good idea...

Guest Draconos

By the way since we're discussing F SN at the moment, am I the only one who found UBW's Good Ending to be quite hard to get? For me it felt like: you stray a bit to the left and you get true end while if you stray a bit to the right you get game over.

How is Fate the original story? It's the first story you play, but that doesn't mean it's the "correct" story.

I think I remember seeing it on the wiki. Something about that route being the first the author came up with and he just added more later. I don't remember exactly. 

By the way since we're discussing F SN at the moment, am I the only one who found UBW's Good Ending to be quite hard to get? For me it felt like: you stray a bit to the left and you get true end while if you stray a bit to the right you get game over.

It's mostly the same, but there are a few weird choices. UBW's true end is much better than the good end anyways :P

If I'm not mistaken, you don't have a choice, you HAVE to read the routes in that order. It has an enforced playing order

not necessarily the patched version that fuwa has has the options available for all the choices for ubw and hf available as soon as you finish fate. i accidentally started hf before ubw noticed i screwed up and had to start a new game to get on the correct track.

not necessarily the patched version that fuwa has has the options available for all the choices for ubw and hf available as soon as you finish fate. i accidentally started hf before ubw noticed i screwed up and had to start a new game to get on the correct track.

Not if you buy your copy legally like a upstanding member of society.