Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

Guest Draconos

All right, let me try, then.

Ahem. *Clears throat*

VN vs anime? Which do you prefer and why?

VNs. I prefer reading over watching in general. And anime leaves things out.

Guest Argetlahm

I prefer VN than anime because VN have choice option where some Of them can decicide Which ending you Get and i like that very much and VN have much good storyline than anime

Yeah, like School Days... anime adaptation was a spawn from hell.

Am I allowed to cry about how stupid Shirou is? (I'm playing Fate hollow ataraxia. just sad)

We all know how stupid Shirou was in the anime, but in FS/N specifically in Fate route... well you know how he was. That shouldn't have surprised you.

Guest Draconos

Yeah, like School Days... anime adaptation was a spawn from hell.

We all know how stupid Shirou was in the anime, but in FS/N specifically in Fate route... well you know how he was. That shouldn't have surprised you.

I know exactly how stupid he is. But it still surprises me. Guess that makes me stupid as well.

Prefer VNs because personalities are more disclosed. Each of them has more "screen" time than in anime where often is only one episode on character (though there are also exeptions but still VNs show personalities better). But i don't say that i dislike anime. Just better for me either do not play the same VN after watching anime or to watch it at first, then VN (if it exists of course).

I´ll join the Vn is better than Anime movement.

My reason is quite simple: I like to romance the heroine that I like, and more often than not anime pick the girls I rather dislike or none at all.

And then there is also the fact than I´ve been addicted to reading since 1st grade of elementary school (and not even the easy shit, mind you)

So in conclusion VN´s are better!

oyyy Capt. dont be so prude.

Last time you insisted on Retracting the foreskin of Moroka panis !

on VN vs Anime

I stated this once but i think games liek SchoolDays - so interactive Anime - are the future !

In my ideal world such games will also have 3d interactive sex minigames like Illusion's Artificial Academy game (great stuff)

Speaking about ordionary Vns vs Anime I still take VNs - becosue they are longer - thus they make you more immersed into the world, you have the fealing of actualy knowing characters in the game for a long time, after spending 100 hours with them. You grow to like them udnerstand them, they can become part of your life this way. Anime cant do that.

But on the other hand some rare Aniem have exelent pacing, aciton and music that makes for a very powerfull emotional experience.

In the end i think some stories are better told as Vn while some take ideal form as Anime. I am glad if I can have both of exelent quality.

BTW anyone seen Majikoi Anime ? Is is any good ? (I allready  can see that graphics are bit downgrade compared to VNs from screenshots ;/ )

Guest Draconos

BTW anyone seen Majikoi Anime ? Is is any good ? (I allready  can see that graphics are bit downgrade compared to VNs from screenshots ;/ )

My opinion : Don't bother with it. End of story.

Well, the Majikoi anime is a harem one, so you don´t get a ending with a girl of your choice and each episode highlights another girl.

There is some kind of story in it, but it´s nothing worth to mention.

There are no h-scenes, just some uncensored boobs in the Blue Ray version..oh and 2 girls making out..

Pros:

They got the orginal VN VA´s so the acting is spot on.

(Most of time) the comedy is pretty good (mind almost all of it is sex-based) and there are some cool fight scenes (but the animation isn´t to good)

Watch it if you´re really bored or/and have a strong desire for Majikoi (but played everything of it countless times)

Ahem. *Clears throat*

In general?

Visual novels are superior in my mind simply because they allow you to direct the story through choices. The lamentations of the masses when the main character in an anime doesn't end up with the supposed 'Best Girl' is a testament to that. Visual novels allow you to push the storyline in a direction that you prefer rather than being locked into the 'route' deemed best by the anime creators. I've even managed to read through certain visual novels in which I did not like the main character simply because I found my own amusement in 'punishing' him/her through the choices in the novel, an option which is not possible with anime.

Because of these multiple routes you also have a level of re-playability which simply does not exist in anime. And finally in terms of time spent watching anime versus reading visual novels assuming you are somewhat of a completionist, visual novels typically result in taking up more of your time, which assuming you are enjoying the entire experience, would be a positive in my books.

That being said some visual novels have spawned some great anime renditions and spin-offs, and on the other hand some have been absolutely terrible. If they are well done, it does bring me some joy to see the characters and setting I've come to know in a novel become animated and shown in a new light. I find that the detailed writing of a visual novel typically makes for an excellent base for an anime, so long as they do not excessively shorten or cut out important content.

I am playing Majikoi now and is now playing Momoyo After. In order to get good ending,do I have to stick to Momoyo only? Is there a way for me to get one of Itagaki siblings?

I download it from piratebay which is uploaded on 2013-08-08? Is the Itagaki sibling route finish translated that time?

Itagaki siblings are part of the Agave route which is untranslated. You can only play Kazuko, Momoyo, Yukie and Chris as well as the teacher route until the rest has been translated.

Matsunaga Tsubame route is in one of the sequel right? Is it done translating?Any news on Majikoi anime sequel?

Tsubame, Monshiro, Margit and Kokoro routes are translated in Majikoi S but the rest are unlikely to be translated for a long time.

Hola, people.  Been lurking for a while, so I thought I'd join up.

Looking forward to Miyako, and later on hopefully Yoshitsune as well (in like, what? A-5 or 6?)!

Hello there Yoshitsune :D

Well the A-Series only goes up to 5, but Yoshitsunes route really comes in A-5 so you´re right about that.

Other than that I hope you´ll contribute to the off-topic chatter we have around here :D

Ahem. *Clears throat*

Animes where the protag actually choose a girl and don't stay *true neutral* are way too rare.

That's when I noticed that visual novels were going so much deeper into the relationships that I switched.

done my rapid-speed go through of Majikoi A-3, i really am tempted to go and read what remains untranslated of A-1 through A-3, it'll be slow, but the CGs compel me.

Especially Seiso's route in A-2 and all 3/4 routes in A-3 (Tsubame after+ is in two parts due to her having two after routes)

7r3Mj.jpg

One thing about Minatosoft

They sure make them CGs right :)

Long live the Emperor

Animes where the protag actually choose a girl and don't stay *true neutral* are way too rare.

That's when I noticed that visual novels were going so much deeper into the relationships that I switched.

same here i used to get so annoyed that protagonists in anime never chose anyone. so when i discovered the vn translation community it might just of been the happiest moment of my life. vn's are much better with the choice of heroine the deeper character exploration and general awesomeness. but i still love anime specially ones like toradora where there is some sort of devolopment between characters or in a completely diffrent direction one piece because its the most epic series ever created and my all time favorite :D