Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

I myself also never play any novels that aren't completely patched, and I also won't play ones that were translated horribly (If My Heart Had Wings, anyone..?)

Looking forward to this being completed, but I suppose I could also wait to learn Japanese first.

Guest Canadian Walrus

Man, I can't wait until it's finally done. Just finished the translated part and now eager to see what 

Miyako Route's like. Also a huge thanks to all the people working on the translation, you're doing the English speaking world a HUGE favor!

I myself also never play any novels that aren't completely patched, and I also won't play ones that were translated horribly (If My Heart Had Wings, anyone..?)

Looking forward to this being completed, but I suppose I could also wait to learn Japanese first.

I have a similer policy,but due to the rocky nature of this particuler translation, and how good the game is, id say play whats translated now. Hell this game may never get a full translation, and whats translated so far is pretty freaking awesome. 

You know, I was thinking about this the other day. My wife had asked me how come I can't read Japanese yet given my exposure level to it. Every translation project I've followed has seemed slow. I speak Spanish and Italian, and could see myself being able to translate a sentence as easily as copying it directly.

Is there an aspect to Japanese that makes it more complicated? I know a lot of people in books describe how their name is written, and how it's read (in English, this is completely unnecessary unless your name is just spelled weird),  so I'm assuming there's many different meanings to the same written words?

I am genuinely curious, and would just like to learn. This isn't directly related to this translation project.

All right, so I'm not fluid in Japanese or ANYTHING along those lines. Heck, I don't know a single kanji or hiragana. However, I HAVE read up on it quite a bit, and the main problem would probably be the fact that it's written in a kanji and hiragana. A lot of anime fans pick up a bit of Japanese roman-ji (Japanese using the roman alphabet.) when they watch anime, but there's a problem with roman-ji: One word has several meanings. A word completely depends on the rest of the sentence for it to make sense. This problem doesn't exist in kanji, where the same word have different kanji for different meanings, so even if you think, "pffft, I know what that word means. I can totally do this without learning kanji or hiragana.", then you'd be wrong. The reason people explain their names in Japanese is because, since words have multiple meanings, a name can mean multiple things, thus they explain what character its written with to make it simpler.

This fact also makes it "hard" to translate, since there are few cases where you can just say, "All right, since this sentence says this, it'd then be this in English."

You have to use your brain a bit more.

for a bit overexagetared axample in Anime Black rock shooter there is a girlwith a peculiar surname, that in fact is used in Japan.

If you read her name normaly it means "kotori Asobi" - little birds play

but instead her name is spoken as - "takanashi" ~ there is no hawk

Her surname is a riddle based on popular japanese proverd - little birds play, there is no hawk

Thats how crooked can japanese be.

Or watch Bakemonogari in Japanese and tell me how much you understand :)

It is filled to the brim with ridiculous words play that are only possible in Japanese.

I love Japan nad japanese but there is no denying that it was poorly invented, mostly becouse of chineese infulence early on before they were able to form their own language.

for a bit overexagetared axample in Anime Black rock shooter there is a girlwith a peculiar surname, that in fact is used in Japan.

If you read her name normaly it means "kotori Asobi" - little birds play

but instead her name is spoken as - "takanashi" ~ there is no hawk

Her surname is a riddle based on popular japanese proverd - little birds play, there is no hawk

Thats how crooked can japanese be.

Or watch Bakemonogari in Japanese and tell me how much you understand :)

It is filled to the brim with ridiculous words play that are only possible in Japanese.

I love Japan nad japanese but there is no denying that it was poorly invented, mostly becouse of chineese infulence early on before they were able to form their own language.

My mother tongue is french, I've learned other latin or west germanic languages but there's no need to tell that japanese is on a completely different level. ^^

I've tried learning japanese myself and I've seen how horrible it was. :D

The thing is it is not diffiicult actually. Once you know how Japanese ppl think you can learn Japanese very fast becouse there arent that many words in japanese to start with.

Only that is compleatly diffrent from any european languagem and in order to be able to learn proper Japanese one must change his mindset compleatly,

ODc this is about Language only, writingis whole nother problem. I myslef learned Hiragana and KAtakana so i am almost on the level of 7 year old child.Although my vocabukary is limited - I understand perfectly evry H-scence tho ;p. After watching like 1000+ H scenese you have seen tham all ^^.

The thing is it is not diffiicult actually. Once you know how Japanese ppl think you can learn Japanese very fast becouse there arent that many words in japanese to start with.

Only that is compleatly diffrent from any european languagem and in order to be able to learn proper Japanese one must change his mindset compleatly,

ODc this is about Language only, writingis whole nother problem. I myslef learned Hiragana and KAtakana so i am almost on the level of 7 year old child.Although my vocabukary is limited - I understand perfectly evry H-scence tho ;p. After watching like 1000+ H scenese you have seen tham all ^^.

Shit, impressive. Yeah, Japanese is quite easy to learn once you get the hang of it, unlike other languages. (Like my own, for example.)

The main problem lies with the alphabet difference.

But yeah, H-scenes are quite easy to understand. Doesn't make them any less lovely, though. <3

Definitely definitely, I hope we see a lot more of that in A-5 but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. A fully translated A-5 won't come around until like late 2015 or sometime in 2016.

HAH! wll be lucky if the whole of majikoi is translated by the year 2080 XD

Margrit might have the best route in MajiKoi S as far as Hscenes are concerned.

BTW as we are talking about S I am totaly deisapointed with Kokoro route as well.

You may belive it or not but i fell in love in Fushikawa ever since her first appearence  in Majikoi. I usualy dontlike tsunderes much but she is just too much to watch and hear ! (I love the way she speaks - all the "jia" instead of ga - I think thats supose to be nobility thing to speak this way ?

Anyway Ill pay 100$ for a proper long route with Kokoro !

I like her even more than Kazuko and Miyako.

Wel since I said that here is my ranking of Majikoi Girls

1 Fushikawa Kokoro

2 Kawakami Kazuko

3 Shiina Miyako

4 Hazakura Seiso (not her Kouu alternative peronaliy)

5 Mayuzumi Yukie

6 Sakakibara Koyuki

7 Owada Iyo

8 Itagaki Angel

9 Minamoto Yoshitsune

10 Azumi

and many more splendit characters ....

Guest Canadian Walrus

I am a massive fan of the True Love that Yanderes offer tho. If I could get Yuno in real life I would be okay with having no friends or connections with anything but Yuno.

If you really like them, then here's something you might be interested in. 

http://yandere.freeforums.net/thread/76/yandere-survival-guide-copypasta?page=1&scrollTo=1251