Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

Okay, here we go then.

My idea is mostly based on a counter ideology of Death Note. Instead of having a book to write names in to bring death upon bad people, maybe the idea behind your "CPR" is to save those bad people from death by writing anagrams in an unknown language. This language is one that can only be deciphered by the Izanagi that you have aligned yourself with, and it can only be read by posting on this thread. I believe the logic behind the anagram is to conceal your intent to keep evil alive, and the reason for you posting in this thread is due to it being the only one the Izanagi is bound to. Who the Izanagi is, and why he's bound here are unknown to me, but I feel I'll learn the details eventually.

I had a hunch there was a story to your posting only in this thread, and the two hint bombs (your reluctance to post elsewhere, and the "CPR" I'm able to see) you dropped for me today have nearly confirmed my suspicions.

Thank god you didn't meet a Shinigami instead, otherwise I'd be too scared to make this post. :marie:

...You know, I will always appreciate effort for nonsense's sake, but when you go to this length for me, I feel kinda bad for not being invested enough to reciprocate. Maybe when I'm not on an endless grind in FGO whilst trying my hardest to ignore my upcoming English exam.

Le5A1k6.png

On 8/6/2019 at 4:37 PM, Kosakyun said:

Please spare me. While I more or less agree with half of the things you put there, you have to spare me. I just wanted a waifu that cooks meat thoroughly.

By the way, Kosakyun, just out of curiosity, which of them did you agree with?

8 minutes ago, Ouraibaa Hjyuraa said:

...You know, I will always appreciate effort for nonsense's sake, but when you go to this length for me, I feel kinda bad for not being invested enough to reciprocate. Maybe when I'm not on an endless grind in FGO whilst trying my hardest to ignore my upcoming English exam.

It's okay, I forgive you. Procrastination is an essential part of student life.

37 minutes ago, Ouraibaa Hjyuraa said:

By the way, Kosakyun, just out of curiosity, which of them did you agree with?

Goddamnit you weren't supposed to ask. Now I actually have to read it.

On 8/6/2019 at 12:41 PM, Ouraibaa Hjyuraa said:

Like saying that Ichigo was a better waifu than Zero Two? Mako was a likable character? Card games on motorcycles was a refreshing and innovative idea? The Berserk movies are better than the 1997 TV series? Your Name's better than A Silent Voice? Ueno did nothing wrong and Kawai never bullied Nishimiya? Lolis are indistinguishable from actual children and as such lolicons are mentally-ill pedophiles that need psychological help? Mirai Nikki and Elfen Lied are shallow garbage? SAO's Alfheim arc is far better than the rest of the show? Clannad is an unfocused mish-mash of characters and themes that doesn't know where it's going until 4/5s of the way through? Angel Beats! was forgettable and its emotional payoff was both forced and ruined by plot-holes? Near was a more interesting foil to Light than L? Cowboy Beboop is dull, dreary, drab, and all-around overrated and boring show, and Spike is an uninteresting and bland character? The ending of Code Geass sucked and ruined the show because it was a show that had consistently up till that point crushed fancy ideals under the weight of reality and shown them to be unrealistic and unattainable, yet in the end pretended that everything would just wrap up nicely with a little bow on top.

There's no difference between anime and cartoons?

Exactly half.

Now which of those do you actually not consider heretic?

2 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

It's okay, I forgive you. Procrastination is an essential part of student life.

Yeah, but like masturbation, it can get out of hand. I really ought to get back to my studies, buuuut I still have energy left. And golden apples.

....fuck.

1 hour ago, Kosakyun said:

Goddamnit you weren't supposed to ask. Now I actually have to read it.

Exactly half.

Now which of those do you actually not consider heretic?

Never watched I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Evangelion. Mako's square in the I-don't-give-a-fuck camp. Card games on motorcycles was fucking dumb. The show was leagues better than the movies purely on the virtue of not having the worst CGI I've seen since Digimon. I thought that Your Name was consistently good and handled the tone shift well, while the emotional payoff at the end of A Silent Voice felt badly executed to me. I love Ueno, from her design to her personality, and Kawai's a total hypocrite. I don't have an opinion on the loli stuff, though I would love to see a study about whether attraction to different archetypes of lolis (i.e. age groups) correspond to attraction different archetypes of child ages, to see if it's the same or maybe a sort of "all pedos like lolis, but not all who like lolis are pedos". Absolutely Mirai Nikki and Elfen Lied are shallow garbage, especially the latter, with all style and no substance. The entirety of SAO S1 is hot garbage outside of the animation and soundtrack, and people are way too fucking lenient on the pre-Alfheim arc, which is also utter shit. IIRC, Clannad keeps developing Nagisa, her relationship with Tomoya, or Tomoya's feelings towards Nagisa during every single arc, so while it's a sort of mish-mash, it knows where its going.  I can't remember anything from Angel Beats! except the monster-whatever band's good songs and the last scene of the singer, the blonde guy falling backwards out a window, and the part of the ending that completely ruined the scene for me, which was the fact that for whatever fucking reason the girl ended up in the afterlife way before the MC despite dying a good while later. Both Near and Mello can go eat a bag of dicks, and Light did not deserve to lose because someone under him fucked up. I did find Cowboy Bebop dull, dreary and uninteresting, but I can't remember Spike at all, so I dunno about him, though I did like Edward. I just made up the shit about Code Geass up, because though I do think it's a little ridiculous that everything just wraps up all fine and dandy after the ending, I can't remember the show well enough to know how it dealt with idealism generally.

All anime are cartoons, but not all cartoons are anime.

15 hours ago, Ouraibaa Hjyuraa said:

I just made up the shit about Code Geass up, because though I do think it's a little ridiculous that everything just wraps up all fine and dandy after the ending, I can't remember the show well enough to know how it dealt with idealism generally.

You were not technically wrong in the sense that the entire show is very cynical. However, there's always an ongoing subplot of virtue of the people who do what's right because it's right. Both Lelouch and Suzaku end up learning their lesson (that their original absolutes go nowhere), which is why the show ends on an optimistic high note. While the world still has its share of problems, their final solution accepts that face of humanity and simply gives the world a reason to band together, kind of giving everyone a chance to work towards permanent peace "for realsies". Kind of similar to the ending in Watchmen, if you think about it. A secret plot by a madman who attempts to bring world peace by force after accepting mankind's flaws.

I have this idea for a not shit isekai

It's about an adult woman who is completely obsessed with Spaghetti Westerns

She's seen every movie, knows all the lines, movements, everything. She even practices her fast draw

Inevitably she dies and is reincarnated in a fantasy type world

She's given a wish and she wishes for a pair of revolvers that can fire magic bullets that never run out

So she takes out a job as a bounty hunter and tries to embody all her favorite character personas and often switches between them at will.

4 hours ago, Ranzo said:

I have this idea for a not shit isekai

It's about an adult woman who is completely obsessed with Spaghetti Westerns (...)

Sounds cool, but I'm not sure it's that different from all those gameworld isekai where protagonists performs their avatars' over-the-top/dumb personas. Just going even deeper on grotesque humour and avoiding some male protagonist tropes. :P

1 hour ago, Mr Poltroon said:

I did. That's what sparked this rage. Even a nice cute game like that one had to fit in an existential crisis or two in there.

I'm kind of suspecting the author herself has those every other day and that is pretty relatable from my point of view. ;p

Seriously though, I don't think Rituals in the Dark is going to be a gloomy story. It looks more like something sympathetically poking fun at its goth girl cast.

On 8/17/2019 at 2:54 PM, Mr Poltroon said:

Gah! I really want to like this person's games, but do you see the common pattern here??

Ooh, sober and dark, innit.
Sure I can make cute pink characters as well, but that doesn't stop the depression from showing up~

Are they trying to chronicle my love life?

• 1 month later...