Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

It's "supposed" to be high speed internet. As you can clearly see, it's not. Plus they charge me $60 a month for it.

What sucks is that they're the only provider where I live, so I don't have a choice.

Hell, even Comcast had better internet for a cheaper price, plus free Norton.

My god, even the smaller local ISPs in my area could compete against that.

Oh, and even if you were able to get it for free, don't use Norton. :vinty: Microsoft Security Essentials is completely free to use, and it's waaaaaay less bloated.

My god, even the smaller local ISPs in my area could compete against that.

Oh, and even if you were able to get it for free, don't use Norton. :vinty: Microsoft Security Essentials is completely free to use, and it's waaaaaay less bloated.

That's what I'm using right now, but in it's defense, I didn't actually mind Norton. It was a little overprotective, I lost count on how many false positives that thing gave me, but it is a good AV. The price tag is the main deterrent in my case.

Yup. It's funny on how one would burn through it when it's fast. I can't get anything else for where I live, unfortunately.

I know that feel all too well. I'd drop my ISP in a second if I had another option to choose from.

Eh, even if I were given the option, I still wouldn't take Norton. Pretty much everything on my computer was running slower and I even had to run 3rd-party software to get rid of it. Plus, having the extra protection isn't really worth the extra resource usage. Sure, MSE can let some malware through on occasion, but it'll still pick it up and remove it. And if things ever get out of hand, Combofix will be your best friend. The only payware I would recommend is Kaspersky, because its detection is perfect and it's surprisingly light-weight. It's kind of expensive though. I'd go back to it in a heartbeat if my budget allowed me to. AVG is okayish, and it's pretty reasonably priced, but I still wouldn't take it over MSE.

We're paying for up to 5 mbps, but we get an average of 3.  Right now Ookla is saying we have ~1.5, so I guess it's a slow day  >.>

The second our part of town gets fiber-optic, we're ditching our current local ISP even if I have to chip in.  I am so sick of waiting over a day to download multi-gigabyte files :saber:

I'm not sure what you've tried yet, but I find that this method tends to help a lot of people and is a little less known about.

Inhale as much air as you can, then exhale as much as you can, and finally hold your breathe until you can't anymore. Keep doing this until your hiccups are gone (you usually only have to do it once or twice).

I know it's been like 5 hours and they're probably gone already (at least I hope they are), but give it a try if it comes up again.

4368323173.png

I'm not the worst one here! "Faster than 68% of AU" surprised me though, our country's internet is worse than I thought. I know some people's perception of Australia is "barren outback with animals that kill you", but the reality is more a technologically advanced, sprawling metropolis. So while I love living here, its strange to me my 850kb/s is faster than most of the country. I mean, relative to my country, I apparentally have better internet than havoc and his 50mb/s (B rank vs C rank, better than 68% vs better than 57%).

The upload speed would be exaggerated as I get nothing like that in practice. When I download things I tend to max out at around 700kb/s of the 850 odd from the speed test, but it's enough for my VNs and girl cartoons.

Yeah, speedtests say i download at 4mb/s, but thats a lie, the highest my downloads have ever been were at 450 kb/s. Atleast i dont have cap, but once i download 400gbs, my internet is severely throttled, so in that sense i do kind of have a cap, but its tolerable.

4 Mb/s (megabit) = 500 kb/s. Unless you meant MB/s (megabyte), but these things tend to be in megabits.