Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

The closing of this thread is actually based on some people pulling strings since they been against it from beginning,This is my opinion based on some things i read on other threads.
Or in a easier way to explain "im friends with a Staff so im going to ask him to close it down and hope he gives some "plausible" explanation for doing so."

Still I will miss the thread and everyone in it.See ya on the other side.

its sad that its being brought down. i came into the fuwa community through this thread. although theres also a matter of practicality, how will we get updates on the translation? there should be some site somewhere we can continue to get updates.

A new thread has been made specifically for updates. We're just not allowed to really talk about anything in it.

I get that the title can be misleading, but all of the translation info is edited into the first post and is easy to find, so that's not a reason to shut it down. Furthermore, this thread fits perfectly the purpose of this subforum. I dont see why it has to be closed down because the random chat is too random. *looks at Steve's rules post, confirms random chat allowed*

My best guess is that somehow it's a 'bother' to some people (who are reading G&C and hate random chat? wut), but no one has really given a good reason for it.

I'd say that forcing it to be remade with a more apt name would be an okay compromise...

idk, I dont really post or read this thread at all, but it's just crap that it's getting shut down for breaking zero rules. Wen I think about a forum that has a thing for rules, I think about Fuwanovel. And that can be good and bad, but I dont understand why there's such a disregard for actual reasons for closing it. Unless you can get a better reason, I'd say just pick up and move somewhere else...

*kind of angry*

A new thread has been made specifically for updates. We're just not allowed to really talk about anything in it.

We're not allowed to derail it. Get your facts straight.

I get that the title can be misleading, but all of the translation info is edited into the first post and is easy to find, so that's not a reason to shut it down. Furthermore, this thread fits perfectly the purpose of this subforum. I dont see why it has to be closed down because the random chat is too random. *looks at Steve's rules post, confirms random chat allowed*

My best guess is that somehow it's a 'bother' to some people (who are reading G&C and hate random chat? wut), but no one has really given a good reason for it.

I'd say that forcing it to be remade with a more apt name would be an okay compromise...

idk, I dont really post or read this thread at all, but it's just crap that it's getting shut down for breaking zero rules. Wen I think about a forum that has a thing for rules, I think about Fuwanovel. And that can be good and bad, but I dont understand why there's such a disregard for actual reasons for closing it. Unless you can get a better reason, I'd say just pick up and move somewhere else...

*kind of angry*

There is a reason why this happened, but there hasn't been a public statement on it. Then they complain that they're getting PM's about it.

(Music to fit the environment, in my opinion)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz9BP6NcIUw

Today is the last day of the 

Majikoi Miyako Route Translation - AKA random talk

I'm sure many were fond of this, after all, everybody needs a place were you can be random. I didn't post to much here, but I came from time to time and see what happened. This thread was indeed interesting, you never knew what you may find next. In the end we all had fun, we suffered, we got angry and whatever emotion you guys felt while being here. I'm sure nobody will forget this place and the time we had here.

This was nothing more and nothing else that my honest opinion. You want to hate me for it?, bring it on.

So I say to you Random Talk thread,

Goodbye!!!!  You'll never be forgotten.

Man, aren't you guys getting a tad bit too melodramatic about this?

I think I posted here like... 5 times?

So I thought "why not make a grand goodbye?". A spur of the moment thing. I was taking a break from speedruning and find out the thread is being close. Basically, you don't need to take it seriously.

I think this music is appropriate for the situation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze-TFPlNLvQ

Well... this was sad news to read when I opened up my email.

I agree with the others who have made points about this, such as twdarkeh, I honestly think the mods are being irrational and insensitive about this. But, what should be said, has been said. So I'll leave the mods to think over that, if they ever read these final posts.

But now, it's time for a goodbye. I joined much later than the rest of you, posting somewhere near the late two hundred-early three hundred pages. I didn't post a lot, mostly in short bursts, but I stalked and read every single post for those two hundred pages while I did. It's been... well, it's been a lot of fun, to be honest. I've laughed a lot at this thread in a time in my life where I could use a laugh or two.

I'll remember a lot of things about the community here. The Passive Aggressive Tsundere Battles between Tiago and Ourai are always particularly funny, the great conversations that has been had betwen myself and some of the members (Ourai, Havoc, BlueEmber, Nahichun, etc.), and most of all, how close everyone here is. Plenty of arguments have been had, yet everyone still comes here to post and share their two cents. I haven't seen a closer-knit community on a forum for a couple years and that's an achievement.

In my eyes, the people in this thread have all become the equivalent of members of The Kazama Family. Remember that, if it helps.

So thank you all for the memories, and I mean that sincerely. I will still try to follow the chat and the thread to see if anything changes, but if not, I guess this is a goodbye from me and a lot of others.

So it's time to fade out to the title screen at the end of the True Route of the Miyako Translation Thread and hopefully, a sequel or an After Story will arise soon.

Thanks everyone and Happy Birthday, Thread  :)

Hey guys. I really don’t know whether I should be mentioning this or not (I definitely do not want to be misrepresenting Tay) but I thought if I said something it might stop the negativity running out of control. The fact is you guys most likely would have had to find a new home even if the mods hadn’t chose to clamp down on this thread.

At the moment G&C is like the dumping ground of Fuwanovel - it’s the place for randomness, topiclessness and spam, and threads get chucked in here when they are deemed too silly for the rest of the forum. This results in a negative stigma becoming attached to this board which is undesirable, and Tay planned to transform the G&C board into a more positive place where Fuwa members could be social with one another. Unfortunately he’s been sick for a very long while and his plans have been put on hold, but randomness and silliness were planned to be reined in a touch. Not completely, but giant threads of randomness were unlikely to survive. On the plus side, new things were going to be added.

Hmmm… Tay said this months ago and I have a poor memory sometimes. I hope I didn’t misrepresent him. 

Most members of Fuwa muck around with each other on one of the various chat platforms. Fuwa even has an official IRC. My suggestion would be to use one of those. I don’t recommend building another forum just for random talk, my experiences with those are they die after a little while. Or they morph into something else.

This might be the only time I can ever post on here again.. Why not?

couldn't find anything better! >-<

So I could go on about how I found this thread and how much it means to me and so on, or about I feel about it shutting down, and yes even making it a mountain out of a mole hill. And I probably will a little. xD This place has good memories for me and others: even though I wasn't here at the start of the year or contributed much I read everything from the beginning, caught in the mad, quirky and randomness of the people here. 

I won't lie and say I'm not sad at all but I have made better treasures! The people I met here and still talk to! This thread was the beginning but not the end! And as most of you expect me to say! 

PUSH FORWARD!!! 

I believe in those words more then you would think, I look forward to talking to you all in the near future and cheers to having more fun!  Thank you for reading.

Yours truly. Blue Ember aka the Wanko head. 

7c857fe6737aae35f5d1665b01c3cf9e.png

Ready anytime. Name the time and place.

I will, don't you worry!

Considering we have yet to release the new rules for G&C officially and because I actually got some well written and constructive PMs from certain people. I am willing to keep this open for a while longer, until the rules are officially released concerning this location.

What I will ask is, a new title, as it stands, the title is not accurate, so give me a new one. While this topic is still a topic without a real goal, I am willing to accept that many of you have found a home here. 

Like I mentioned before, the day will come when this will be no more, but it would be wrong to ignore the passion of the many that went out of their way to inform me of why they wish this remains open.

So give me a new title and for now, I'll let you roam free for a bit longer.