Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

Wait whats going on with the thread?

Essentially, the mods seem upset this thread won't die on it's own because people enjoy talking to each other, and rather than just leave it alone since it's not harming anyone, they're going to close it, essentially killing the community it built for seemingly no rational reason. So now if we want to talk, we're going to either have to find a forum with better mods, or use a chat setting which quite frankly sucks.

36cf388b91.png

Here is a screenshot of the rules of this subforum. Let me draw your attention to:

'- random chat topics: any topic that has no particular topic or it's topic is to talk about random thing that is not really a topic'

So please, tell me why we're being shut down again?

In response to:

0417e5d200.png

guys dont worry knowing the people on this thread the new thread will be just as bad

It won't be, because then they'll lock that and we will have no way to get updates, and they know it. They're holding our desire for a patch essentially hostage to get this thread to die.

36cf388b91.png

Here is a screenshot of the rules of this subforum. Let me draw your attention to:

'- random chat topics: any topic that has no particular topic or it's topic is to talk about random thing that is not really a topic'

So please, tell me why we're being shut down again?

In response to:

0417e5d200.png

don't be to butthurt tough as i can also understand thier reasoning for closing it.

But that does not mean i have to agree with it, it was a great topic to ask a quick question wich did not really deserve its own topic and a good way to let off some steam.

So personally i really hope it can stay just the way it is with only a simple name change to something like the great thread of randomness.

don't be to butthurt tough as i can also understand thier reasoning for closing it.

But that does not mean i have to agree with it, it was a great topic to ask a quick question wich did not really deserve its own topic and a good way to let off some steam.

So personally i really hope it can stay just the way it is with only a simple name change to something like the great thread of randomness.

What reasoning might that be? The entire point is that there seems to be no reasoning, at least none that fit their own posted rules.

He was simply stating what was in the rules though. I see nothing wrong with it too.

But we need to abide to what the mods say, I guess.

He was simply stating what was in the rules though. I see nothing wrong with it too.

But we need to abide to what the mods say, I guess.

What is the point of having rules if they're enforced randomly? If those rules aren't the rules, why are they there? If they are, under what rule are they closing this thread?

I am all for following the rules. What I dislike, however, is when they don't follow their own rules, and do basically whatever they want whenever they want. There is no point in rules if you can be punished for following them.

What is the point of having rules if they're enforced randomly? If those rules aren't the rules, why are they there? If they are, under what rule are they closing this thread?

I am all for following the rules. What I dislike, however, is when they don't follow their own rules, and do basically whatever they want whenever they want. There is no point in rules if you can be punished for following them.

they are not enforced ramdomly, as this thread is more or less in a gray area.

They thread was origionally started for the translation of majikoi and as time whent on completely derailed and turned in a kind of random topic.

So this thread origionally had a purpose and now no longer has one as it has turned away from what it was meant to be.

And people still check up on this topic for the progress of the translation wich is nigh impossible to find because so much random shit gets posted in this topic. And that is a big inconvinience for that group of people.

So in a sense it has broken the rules as it was never intended as a random topic.

But that does not mean i agree with the mods as personally i disagree with locking the thread.

But i am in favor of a name change wich should keep people who just wnat to follow the translation progress away.

And in that case we would also need a new maijkoi translation topic wich does stay on topic and where people who want to know the pregress cna actually check it. (luckily ouraibaa just made one)

So personally i think the thread name should just be changed and the rest left as it is.

Mayby one of the mods can give some clarification on this.

Now where is the always smiling mod who post random stuff on this thread at least twice a week when you need him. (what was his name again)

It already left the topic once. That's how it got here. They were fine with it then, when they moved it here. So what changed since then?

You forget this thread didn't start with this title, or in this section of the forums. It was sent here for being a random chatter thread, and renamed as such, to comply with what they told us were the rules. Some were mildly annoyed at the move, but we accepted that the rules were the rules and moved on.

So what, exactly, has changed since then?