Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

I just finished Little Busters.

In the epilouge, Riki and Rin escape from the bus and end up in the hospital. After that they both get over their traumas and go back to the accident and rescue everyone. How can they go back in time to the accident which they had already gone through in the real world ? I understand that they had created a world to overcome thier problems (Riki's narcolepsy and Rin's fear of 'scary things in the world'), but I dont think that they had the power to go to the past, if so then what actually happened ?

Another thing is that the fake world was created by only masato, kengo and kyosike or were the all the girls involved too ? If the girls were involved then how didn't they know about 'the secret of the world' during their respective routes ?

Well Little busters was very good. Being my first Key vn, I know understand why people like Key so much.

I quite liked harry potter, but i can also see why people dislike it. And while i do still like it i must say there are way better fantasy story's out there.

Just today i finally got around to watching castle in the sky. Great movie.... well it is Ghibli so ..... kind of expected that

I don't like it so much because it's a bad story, it's that I really don't find J.K. Rowling's writing to be that good. But, that's just my opinion, I know plenty of people, more than plenty, most people who read it like the series, but it just doesn't work for me.

Sounds great. You could also give Warbreaker a go if you like clever characters, as one of the main characters, Lightsong, is very, very clever. His conversations with Blushweaver are quite entertaining.

I'll try that when I finish with Words of Radiance. And more a poetic writing structure may turn out to be quite refreshing.

Does The Wolf Age involve a guy who is becoming a wolf or something along those lines? Because after The Wheel of Time (And some other book I don't remember the title of), I'm quite bored of that particular plot line.

I'll give it a look as well. 

It's not really... poetic, it's more like he's... I don't want to say he's not great for the first few chapters, but he's getting used to it and then gets a whole lot better as he does. Hard to explain unless you read it.

No, it's about an old, cynical, and cranky guy who everyone thinks is a wizard, but is just a decent mechanic in all reality. There are 'werewolves' of the sort, but they're mainly the antagonists of the book. Told from the point of view of a set of gods that hate the main character. If you like corrupt politicking and some really dark fantasy (has mature themes that do make people uncomfortable, one of the main characters is castrated, another was raped in front of Morlock {the main character} and he gets put into a prison where he does some pretty terrible things) but if you're okay with reading something like that, you'd probably enjoy it. Of course, read the books that come before that one, as it is a series, but ya know.

It's not really... poetic, it's more like he's... I don't want to say he's not great for the first few chapters, but he's getting used to it and then gets a whole lot better as he does. Hard to explain unless you read it.

Fair enough. It's good to be honest.

No, it's about an old, cynical, and cranky guy who everyone thinks is a wizard, but is just a decent mechanic in all reality. There are 'werewolves' of the sort, but they're mainly the antagonists of the book. Told from the point of view of a set of gods that hate the main character. If you like corrupt politicking and some really dark fantasy (has mature themes that do make people uncomfortable, one of the main characters is castrated, another was raped in front of Morlock {the main character} and he gets put into a prison where he does some pretty terrible things) but if you're okay with reading something like that, you'd probably enjoy it. Of course, read the books that come before that one, as it is a series, but ya know.

I love dark fantasy. You said he's a good mechanic. Does that mean it's set in a more modern world than the usual fantasy setting?

hey i know this is only slightly relevant but, its been bugging me for ages now.

How come almost every fantasy story that pits science vs magic goes for the unrealistic outcome of having the magic side win?

Science is much more likely to win bacause you know you don't really have time to shout a six word spell for a barrier while someone is shooting at you with a assualt rifle.

Because you know bullets are a little faster......

Well I suppose there are exceptions like zero no tsukaima and The Gate thus the JSDF fought there but those are really rare exceptions.

Also The gate is a great manga by the way. With a good story and likable charaters.

It is adapted from a novel, unfortunatly it is not translated wich is a real shame.

As far as i am aware the reason is is that it is to difficult to translated.

Another thing that has been bugging me is,

Why is it always the whimps that get summond to another word, would it not be nice if we got a soldier summond to another word for a change.

Just imagine Louise summoning a special force soldier who was on a training excercise instead of saito.

I think that would make for some great comedy. And having a proactive protagonist for a change would be nice as well.

I love dark fantasy. You said he's a good mechanic. Does that mean it's set in a more modern world than the usual fantasy setting?

Yup, it's not Steampunk yet, still medieval fantasy, but it's getting there. Like, for example, he created a large plumbing system (implied to be an aqueduct) that everyone is convinced he did through magic. He's just handy.

The character, Morlock Ambrosius, is one of my favorite characters in literature. He has a lot of depth to him.

I don't like it so much because it's a bad story, it's that I really don't find J.K. Rowling's writing to be that good. But, that's just my opinion, I know plenty of people, more than plenty, most people who read it like the series, but it just doesn't work for me.

Sorry was not clear enough, it is not story that is bad or character i meant the writing style wich i also think is not the best.

But you must also see that it is her first work.

hey i know this is only slightly relevant but, its been bugging me for ages now.

How come almost every fantasy story that pits science vs magic goes for the unrealistic outcome of having the magic side win?

Science is much more likely to win bacause you know you don't really have time to shout a six word spell for a barrier while someone is shooting at you with a assualt rifle.

Because you know bullets are a little faster......

Well I suppose there are exceptions like zero no tsukaima and The Gate thus the JSDF fought there but those are really rare exceptions.

Also The gate is a great manga by the way. With a good story and likable charaters.

It is adapted from a novel, unfortunatly it is not translated wich is a real shame.

I think it's because that appeases the reader. You grow up in a world where you are convinced magic is real, santa claus is real, the easter bunny is real, etc. Well, depending on your culture of course.

I guess you could attribute that to a society where, in reality, even though your parents tell you that you can do anything, you really can't.

So when you read a book where technology is dominating your childish fantasy of magic, it's not exactly a happy way to go about things. It's actually quite sad to think that the human spirit, the energy that you can supposedly draw power from, can't do shit against a guy with a gun who is a good shot.

Although, that would be a really interesting concept to write about. Technology vs Magic and technology ends up winning. Rather than relying on 'inspiration and spirit' and all that, the intelligent, rational humans who'd much rather create a war machine to kill you with than memorize a six word spell win in the end.

An underdog story where the underdog loses and turns out to be more of a bad guy in the long run.

EDIT: 

Sorry was not clear enough, it is not story that is bad or character i meant the writing style wich i also think is not the best.

But you must also see that it is her first work.

I know, I know. I don't despise her work or anything, it's just not my thing, I guess. I don't mean to offend, if you like it, that's great. Don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't.

Yup, it's not Steampunk yet, still medieval fantasy, but it's getting there. Like, for example, he created a large plumbing system (implied to be an aqueduct) that everyone is convinced he did through magic. He's just handy.

The character, Morlock Ambrosius, is one of my favorite characters in literature. He has a lot of depth to him.

I'm not a fan of steampunk, but I did enjoy the scientific progression in The Wheel of Time, so I'll probably enjoy it in Morlock the Maker.

I think it's because that appeases the reader. You grow up in a world where you are convinced magic is real, santa claus is real, the easter bunny is real, etc. Well, depending on your culture of course.

I guess you could attribute that to a society where, in reality, even though your parents tell you that you can do anything, you really can't.

So when you read a book where technology is dominating your childish fantasy of magic, it's not exactly a happy way to go about things. It's actually quite sad to think that the human spirit, the energy that you can supposedly draw power from, can't do shit against a guy with a gun who is a good shot.

Although, that would be a really interesting concept to write about. Technology vs Magic and technology ends up winning. Rather than relying on 'inspiration and spirit' and all that, the intelligent, rational humans who'd much rather create a war machine to kill you with than memorize a six word spell win in the end.

An underdog story where the underdog loses and turns out to be more of a bad guy in the long run.

EDIT: 

I know, I know. I don't despise her work or anything, it's just not my thing, I guess. I don't mean to offend, if you like it, that's great. Don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't.

Of course you dont, and i dont get offended easily don't worry everyone has a right to his own opinion and i can understand that you dont like the writing style.

As it is most definitly the weakest link in the series.

(besides offending me on the internet would be a real achievement :P

Hmmm interseting point of view i grew up in holland and generally we don't grow up with magic.

Of course there are some fairytales around. But by the time you are 5 you generally already know they are fake.

As for me Santa claus was never really something  i believed in.

Sinterklaas was something i did believe in until i was about 7 i think.

Also The gate manga might be worth checking out.

It generally has some adult themes and politics plays a role in it as well

Altough  not as much in the novels.

It was the first manga i actually read.

I generally prefer anime or books or vn so pretty picky about my manga.

(I just like more tekst i guess)

http://mangapark.com/manga/gate-thus-the-jsdf-fought-there

And a funny pic from the mangaka wich illustrates perfectly what it is not about.....

YGAe3ct.jpg

Another thing that has been bugging me is,

Why is it always the whimps that get summond to another word, would it not be nice if we got a soldier summond to another word for a change.

Just imagine Louise summoning a special force soldier who was on a training excercise instead of saito.

I think that would make for some great comedy. And having a proactive protagonist for a change would be nice as well.

I've read Sharin, G-Senjou and Grisaia almost in succession. These are the minority, it's gonna be hard to go back to spineless shitheads after 3 pro-active badasses in a row. :/ I'm not a fan of tsunderes, but I'd totally watch Zero no Tsukaima if a pro-active soldier type was the MC. Even the worst tsunderes are tolerable when dealt with in an appropriate manner by someone qualified to handle such nonsense.

I've read Sharin, G-Senjou and Grisaia almost in succession. These are the minority, it's gonna be hard to go back to spineless shitheads after 3 pro-active badasses in a row. :/ I'm not a fan of tsunderes, but I'd totally watch Zero no Tsukaima if a pro-active soldier type was the MC. Even the worst tsunderes are tolerable when dealt with in an appropriate manner by someone qualified to handle such nonsense.

Could not agree more.

You should try to read the gate in that case.

It has got a good protagonist he may be a coward but he is one of the few good cowards.

better said he is the ''ow well what ever happen happens'' coward.

That and half the crew being otaku's dropped in a fanatsy world makes for good comedy.

We even got a real goth loli. for the loli lovers.

It can get a little grapic at time tough.

Example:

There is this scen in wich bandis rape a girl, well they get killed about two pages later by said goth loli

Could not agree more.

You should try to read the gate in that case.

It has got a good protagonist he may be a coward but he is one of the few good cowards.

better said he is the ''ow well what ever happen happens'' coward.

That and half the crew being otaku's dropped in a fanatsy world makes for good comedy.

We even got a real goth loli. for the loli lovers.

It can get a little grapic at time tough.

Example:

There is this scen in wich bandis rape a girl, well they get killed about two pages later by said goth loli

I don't really mind if a guy is physically weak or even a coward, so long as he has a bit of a silver tongue and doesn't get pushed around by girls in typical anime MC fashion. Bonus points if he calls out tsunderes and other hostile types on their shit. I'm not bothered by graphic stuff either, so I might give it a look.

I don't really mind if a guy is physically weak or even a coward, so long as he has a bit of a silver tongue and doesn't get pushed around by girls in typical anime MC fashion. Bonus points if he calls out tsunderes and other hostile types on their shit. I'm not bothered by graphic stuff either, so I might give it a look.

he does to a certain degree, but in a different way than let's say yuij in grisaia.

he does not more in a way of just looking the other way. And not like Saito either.

I guess laid back would be the best description.

You can read it here if you want to check out the first chapter. (it can also load all pages at once)

Edit: decent discription of his character in two pics. (picures arein wring order sorry)

VR1qP4v.png

Hmmm interseting point of view i grew up in holland and generally we don't grow up with magic.

Of course there are some fairytales around. But by the time you are 5 you generally already know they are fake.

As for me Santa claus was never really something  i believed in.

Sinterklaas was something i did believe in until i was about 7 i think.

Also The gate manga might be worth checking out.

It generally has some adult themes and politics plays a role in it as well

Altough  not as much in the novels.

It was the first manga i actually read.

I generally prefer anime or books or vn so pretty picky about my manga.

(I just like more tekst i guess)

And a funny pic from the mangaka wich illustrates perfectly what it is not about.....

YGAe3ct.jpg

Guess this is the part where I decide to start re-reading Gate.

Gotta love how the prince got beaten up in the newest chapters cause of the slaves.

Guess this is the part where I decide to start re-reading Gate.

Gotta love how the prince got beaten up in the newest chapters cause of the slaves.

Yeah it is a great series, wonder why they have not made it into a anime yet i think it would be a hit.

Maybe it would be to grapic?

Attack on titan comes to mind.... but that is a different kind of graphic

Yeah it is a great series, wonder why they have not made it into a anime yet i think it would be a hit.

Maybe it would be to grapic?

Attack on titan comes to mind.... but that is a different kind of graphic

True, chances are they'd have to censor it quite a bit considering how its done and honestly that would be rather crap