Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

strange,

Read the entire post before comitting to anything stupid!!!!!!!

Shutting down from overheat should not cause any problems with files, except maby if you where saving at that time.

But in that case it shoudl still display and simply be unable to load and give a corrupt file error.

So best gues for this one is that the save folder somehow changed.

So either the map holding the save files has changed name or little buster suddenly decided it had to save to a different location.

A way to check this would be to open the map holding the save files vor little busters.

Then open little busters start a new game and save the game.

Take a look in the map holding the save files and check if any new files have been created or modified. (to make this as easy as possible sort by date modified) (also it may be necisary to reload the map with save games for correct display)

If a new file has been created or if an old file has been modified after you saved little busters then the problem lies with the save files themselves. (basically your are most likely fucked)

If no new file has been created and no file has been modified that the problem lies in the save location and you need to find the new save location.

Alternativly there may be a problem in the read and write permissions that the little busters exe has been given by your pc.

If it does not have permission to read the save files it will most likely say there are none.

And if it does not have write permission it cant write a new file or modifie an old one

In this case try running the little busters exe in administrator mode.

But first you should try a system restore to set it back before you could no longer acces your saved games.

this cant harm because you can revert it back if it does not work and generally a windows pc makes one almost every day.

So try setting it back about 24H before the problem started.

Hope this helps and let me hear the results ;)

Yes I can new saves are created, they are saved in the same folder as before. I tried admin mode but nothing changes. From all the experimenting that I did I think that my read.sav file (I have like 30 save files, all can't be corrupted so has to be the read.sav) got corrupted due to which the game thinks that I havent even started the game and hence all the save files which are saved way after the point to which read says, thus the exe doesn't show those files as it thinks that I haven't reached there.

I think getting a read.sav file of completed game might solve the problem. 

...Crap, someone beat me to the punch. Thank you havoc and good for you (y)

Also, most important question of all...

How the hell did your computer overheat from Little Busters??

This I need to know curriosity is killing me.

On a related not if it well and truly overheated from that you seriously need to clean out your laptop and renew your cooling paste.

Also check your proccessor usage and gpu usage little busters should not use much so if they are maxed out it could mean you have caught something nasty.

...Crap, someone beat me to the punch. Thank you havoc and good for you (y)

Also, most important question of all...

How the hell did your computer overheat from Little Busters??

Well .......... many things were on simultaneously, not only Little Busters. 

You should remember that I have a laptop(on a sofa), plus it is ages old and nearly at the point of breaking down.

ow dont worry i also got a 1tb 7200rp internal drive and a 1.5tb external one aswell as a old 320gb.

But i am thinking of buying one or maby two 4 tb internal drives i got that space and plugs for it. (they are pretty cheap just about 150 euro's here)

Altough that would leave me with just one plug left for a second video card of ssd.

Choices choices -_-

ow dont worry i also got a 1tb 7200rp internal drive and a 1.5tb external one aswell as a old 320gb.

But i am thinking of buying one or maby two 4 tb internal drives i got that space and plugs for it. (they are pretty cheap just about 150 euro's here)

Altough that would leave me with just one plug left for a second video card of ssd.

Choices choices -_-

Just give your money to me and you won't have to deal with those pesky choices.

This I need to know curriosity is killing me.

On a related not if it well and truly overheated from that you seriously need to clean out your laptop and renew your cooling paste.

Also check your proccessor usage and gpu usage little busters should not use much so if they are maxed out it could mean you have caught something nasty.

I am gonna buy a PC and be free from laptops. It will take some time though as I recently bought a phone. Some months ............

okay send me a pm with a backup email adress and i will mail you my read.sav and we will see if that fixes the problem.

large.gif

No read.sav didn't work.

Why do I have to suffer so much ???

Choices choices -_-

Stationary > Laptop.

In every way except mobility. You can still move a stationary but with some complication. Well anyway, I think you just need one SSD with the OS and whatever you want. Everything else can be dumped on a HDD. It won't die. :)

I am gonna buy a PC and be free from laptops. It will take some time though as I recently bought a phone. Some months ............

large.gif

No read.sav didn't work.

Why do I have to suffer so much ???

have you tried rolling back a day or two with a system restore?

And I am thinking about abandoning the AMD/ATI side after a lifelong marriage. But damn I need to buy everything new in that case. I think I will end up buying new parts like a motherboard, RAM, HDD or a new fan. And maybe reinstall W7 again.

I'm an AMD man because they're nearly as good as Nvidia, but much cheaper. However, the bigger reason is that it's not going terribly well for AMD, and if they were to fall, Nvidia would have monopoly on graphics hardware, which would mean that the prices would skyrocket and the stream of new hardware would trickle to a near-halt since they don't need to compete against anyone.

I'm an AMD man because they're nearly as good as Nvidia, but much cheaper. However, the bigger reason is that it's not going terribly well for AMD, and if they were to fall, Nvidia would have monopoly on graphics hardware, which would mean that the prices would skyrocket and the stream of new hardware would trickle to a near-halt since they don't need to compete against anyone.

amd gets much hotter that is why i dont like them, nvidia you can overclock quite a bit. Well not that i have seen a need for it yet.

I'm an AMD man because they're nearly as good as Nvidia, but much cheaper. However, the bigger reason is that it's not going terribly well for AMD, and if they were to fall, Nvidia would have monopoly on gaming hardware, which would mean that the prices would skyrocket and the stream of new hardware would trickle to a near-halt.

Yeah I know that and I am pleased with AMD and always had. I agree with every point you say. But it is hard when somethnig is wrong but you don't know what. I hate dismantling my computer to find that little problem. 

But I think I know what is wrong. Probably the water cooling system failing cooling down the CPU. Because when I convert files I need to max the speed of every fan not to get the CPU to over 75 degrees. Normally it would be 50 when converting and around 35 - 40 in "idle" mode (I am doing something but not playing).