Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

Maybe the victories weren't luck, but the processes were.

The Romans were lucky when everything went according to plan. They were lucky they had disciplined troops, they were lucky they had good commanders, they were lucky their enemies were less trained, they were lucky their commanders didn't get hit by stray arrows. A thousand things can go wrong in a battle, and it is likely hundreds will.

They weren't lucky, it went according to how they planned precisely because they planned it and made sure it would happen. Their troops were trained, and so were their commanders.

The "everything can happen in a battle" only affects certain things.Very few wars in the whole history of humanity have been won/lost due to "oh look, the enemy general suddenly had a heart attack."

What you are talking about is insane and unrealistic luck, the kind of that happens very rarely.

It's precisely because they didn't leave things to chance that the Romans did so good.

PD: Breaking news, being in the middle of a discussion with people and declaring that it has ended, doesn't mean it has ended. You can say you are no longer participating, but don't pull AGAIN the "I begin a discussion and, when confronted for more than a couple posts, end it because I say so."

PD: Breaking news, being in the middle of a discussion with people and declaring that it has ended, doesn't mean it has ended. You can say you are no longer participating, but don't pull AGAIN the "I begin a discussion and, when confronted for more than a couple posts, end it because I say so."

I was referring to the fact that the discussion was hours ago and died.

I was referring to the fact that the discussion was hours ago and died.

Erm..sorry but i didn't notice that you asked(it's 1 am here so no breakfast yet,but thank you).Still,putting a ''timer'' on discussions,when most of us are in different timezones seems wrong,

But i'm not a tsundere!

That's what they all say.

Erm..sorry but i didn't notice that you asked(it's 1 am here so no breakfast yet,but thank you).Still,putting a ''timer'' on discussions,when most of us are in different timezones seems wrong,

Fair enough. I have still grown wary of it, however, and would like a different topic.