Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

This is literally the first thing that pops up when you google majikoi translation. If you cannot find this thread, there is something off with you.

a729253d90.png

Most people will google the full title, and this is what they get. None of these lead to this thread, and I went to page 4, still no thread.

a729253d90.png

Most people will google the full title, and this is what they get. None of these lead to this thread, and I went to page 4, still no thread.

Hmm. you are right though. it its the first when you look up majikoi translation though. Also when you look up

maji de watashi ni koi shinasai miyako translation

Point stands. Finding the thread is easy though.

Alright, let's play a game. Consider the following:

The possibility to get the original Majikoi, Majikoi S and A with a professional high quality english translation.

Just one downside.

Minatosoft release another canon sequel game to Majikoi where all the main heroines get NTR'd.

Yes/No? Of course you have the choice to deny its existence, but it's there and part of the main story.

We'll get that eventually anyway one day. It might be a while, but it'll happen. No reason to sacrifice the relationship with our waifus.

I highly doubt if we'll ever get an entire translation of all the Majikoi games and if we do it'll take years upon years.

Whatever happened to Wairu translation of Benkei and koyuki route, etc? They'd been dead a looong time now.

Thinking about it, it's been like years waiting for miyako. And that's just her, the other routes (A1-5) prob wont be translated anytime soon. I really will have to learn japanese if I want to continue reading VNs I like.

Whatever happened to Wairu translation of Benkei and koyuki route, etc? They'd been dead a looong time now.

Tales tell of a curse that befalls anyone who tries to translate Majikoi. We've been very lucky thus far. Legends say we're being protected by Mare of the logo. Back in the previous attempt to translate Miyako's route, Mare had not been implemented in the Fuwanovel banner and all sorts of misfortune came upon the translation team. Henceforth 85 seems to be the number of the devil. Believe what you must, for it is only an old wives tale.

As I said, it'll take a while, but I believe we'll get a translation of it.

There's the optimism~  ;)

True dat. A friend of mine is a huge fan of Majikoi and would absolutely love to play the Miyako route, but only knows about this particular translation group because I told him about it.

i have a similar friend, although i was also the one who introduced him to VNs

How hard/time consuming is it for someone who knows Japanese to translate a VN?(ex.Majikoi,only Miyako's route)And what is the process of it?

Honestly if you know Japanese well it is time consuming and hard but not to the level were you can't do it. I tried tl work a little while ago. I translated about 18 pages of a LN in about 3 weeks. To be fair though, I know very very little kanji and my vocab is only good at best. So I can assume that someone with more knowledge can easily do 4 times the amount. I myself got 2.3k words done in those 3 weeks.

The problem is finding someone that knows enough AND likes the VN AND does not have anything else that they are working on. That is just for the Tl itself. You still need to do an actual patch so that you can play the game. Of that I know very little and have nothing to base this on but I think that if you had a full Tl you could probably give it to someone in the forums here and have it back in less than a month as a playable patch.\

So yeah. It's a bit of a process. KNOWING japanese to the level where you can translate is probably the hard part.

How hard/time consuming is it for someone who knows Japanese to translate a VN?(ex.Majikoi,only Miyako's route)And what is the process of it?

You can find out more about the process in this thread.

Arguably the hardest part would be technicality and hacking into the visual novel itself, though the rest is mostly tedious work. How hard it is mostly depends on how intricate the VN engine is. It's most definitely time consuming especially since it's ultimately volunteer work. How fast these translations finish depend on how much free time they have, and of course, how long the visual novel is. That said, Majikoi is a very big game so that's also quite a hindrance.

Again, it's very tedious work so it's easy for you to lose interest midway. I can imagine this is the case for most unfinished translations out there.

As someone who's currently translating a visual novel, I'd say it's not that hard (well i suppose this actually depends on the novel. Some novels have pretty intense Japanese) but rather time-consuming. I've actually found that it's not that tedious since I'm reading the novel at the same time I'm translating it which means I get to experience the story while I work, which makes it a lot more bearable. But there's no denying that it sucks up a ton of your time

From this day on I'll be using 85 (%) as a regular inside "joke", even if only a friend of mine and myself know it....

Imagine dropping it when somebody says "This is taking so long it'll never be finished" (like if somebody in the LoL-loading-screen owns a wooden pc and a bamboo LAN-cable)

... and then you drop the 85 and when it finishes in the end you thank TL-Team-sama in your thoughts.... 

That is, after the fruits of their efforts are open to be enjoyed by our humble selves following this thread.

And always remember:

1F5Z601.jpg

Alright, let's play a game. Consider the following:

The possibility to get the original Majikoi, Majikoi S and A with a professional high quality english translation.

Just one downside.

Minatosoft release another canon sequel game to Majikoi where all the main heroines get NTR'd.

Yes/No? Of course you have the choice to deny its existence, but it's there and part of the main story.

Yes, because I generally like 

NTR.