Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

Right there you defined 'popular', not 'good', which might indeed be the goal of the authors. But there's no such thing as complete subjectivity, the number of people that rally behind a manga or anime make it popular or an underdog, not good or bad.

Then tell me what the "objective" view of what would make an anime good.

The female characters in SAO exist only and uniquely so that Kirito can gather them in his harem, as seen by how they fall for him without real reason, and that during the first season each girl has one, and only one, completely worthless episode where we see that they can't do crap without Kirito, and then they are not seen again.

That right there is objectification of women, and denigration of women, two of the most common cases of misogyny.

Sorry, bad idea on my part. I often participate in heated arguments about this subject and jumped in and said that, but now that I think about it, it's probably not a good idea here. As far off topic as this thread is, even it can be locked so I'd prefer not to tread those waters and risk it.

That aside, I agree with Jun, an argument for popularity is not an argument for quality. Millions of fan girls can like Pop-Idol-Of-The-Week-san, but that's not a convincing point in favor of the idol's signing ability.

SAO was pretty good, but it had too many flaws to get the 9/10 or 10/10 rating some people rave it should have. The pacing of the story is one of the biggest faults in my eyes.

Then tell me what the "objective" view of what would make an anime good.

Music score, voice acting quality, animation quality, are some of the easy ones to identify, and SAO did them well. Story-wise, it can be a bit more difficult to isolated objective qualities of "what makes it good", but pacing of events and character relationships, use of foreshadowing and other such literary devices, use of tropes and character archetypes, uniqueness, depth of plot.

Music score, voice acting quality, animation quality, are some of the easy ones to identify, and SAO did them well. Story-wise, it can be a bit more difficult to isolated objective qualities of "what makes it good", but pacing of events and character relationships, use of foreshadowing and other such literary devices, use of tropes and character archetypes, uniqueness, depth of plot.

As with any form of literature, or in this case, its animated counterpart, you can only objectify them so much. While I'll agree with the points you made for determining quality, individuals interpretations of these points may differ. And besides, if people enjoy it, I don't see how it affects you personally that the quality isn't top-notch. If you don't want to watch it, then don't. None of us here who enjoy it are trying to force any of you who don't enjoy it to do so, whilst you guys are trying to purposefully ruin our enjoyment of something just because you do not personally enjoy it.

And other shows aren't like that? That's the case for nearly all anime. Those are also side characters. They don't have much depth because the story isn't about them. And by the same definition of "rallying behind something doesn't make it good," the opposite is true as well. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad. Your misogynistic argument doesn't hold water unless you apply it to most anime, in which case, to you, those would all be bad. And anyways, the new heroine in season two is pretty badass and doesn't really seem to be the weak "damsel in distress" that the others were. Give some other reasons for WHY you think the show is bad. As of now you're just begging the question. It's bad because it's bad.

I've said it many times already. Even Ouraibaa has said it. Between the many flows, the key problems are:

- The story and topic: the first 4 episodes (or so) presented a great idea for an anime. What will happen to the hundreds of people trapped in this new-yet-old virtual world? Will they descend into anarchy, or build smth similar to a society within the MMORPG system of the game?
This was completely trashed after Kirito goes 'lonely badass' style, and everything and everyone else becomes 2nd plane and unimportant. The show suddenly doesn't care at all about the idea it first presented, and instead gives us a "the hero must tread the path of the chosen one and save the world" kind of story.

- The characters: shallow is a mild word to define them. First of all, Kirito has absolutely no reason at all to be not only badass, but likeable at all. As a human being we see him presented as reticent, closed, anti-social. Yet the anime, later on, suddenly presents him as a badass supercharismatic hero to whom everyone rallies to.

Asuna, though is the worst case of them all. As I said before, all the girls in the anime are treated as resources to make a point of the badassery and charm of Kirito. Asuna, though, began the show presented as a cool and mysterious swordsman, an equal to Kirito even. But after the time skip of the first episodes, when she begins to get Kirito implied into the plans to ascend the tower, and her personal life, she becomes less and less important, she seems fragile and relies on Kirito for everything. When the random creep from her guild is chasing her, she goes and fucking hides behind Kirito. Can't she stand her ground without his help? The rest of the show answers this for us: no.

- The 'bad guy': do we really need to say much? The author of the game does this monstruosity that kills hundreds because he wants a realistic playground and a world he could toy with, and the dude from Asuna's father company is in equal mesure pitiable, lame and ridiculous.

- The pacing: the first season goes forward and backward, then suddenly drops some random episodes with girls that prove to be useless without Kirito around them, the bad guy is suddenly discovered, we find out that he barely even remembers why he did all of this, and end of the first part of the season.

The second part is even worse. It is presented as a "quick before it's too late" quest to save Asuna, yet the following episodes lose all sense of urgency, as Kirito goes to pick up some more women (like his cousin who has massive 'plot development' *wink wink*), plagiarizes a bit of the ending of Evangelion, gives us some pseudo tentacle rape play on Asuna, and Kirito finishing the bad guy because "you are the chosen one, hero."

As I said before, I still give it a 6.5, because on the other hand of the balance, there's cool music, good graphics, great animation and epic fighting scenes. Of course, this does not save the horrid, abominable flaws that I have mentioned, hence the 6.5, this number meaning "this anime is enjoyable, just don't look too much into it."

As with any form of literature, or in this case, its animated counterpart, you can only objectify them so much. While I'll agree with the points you made for determining quality, individuals interpretations of these points may differ. And besides, if people enjoy it, I don't see how it affects you personally that the quality isn't top-notch. If you don't want to watch it, then don't. None of us here who enjoy it are trying to force any of you who don't enjoy it to do so, whilst you guys are trying to purposefully ruin our enjoyment of something just because you do not personally enjoy it.

That's absolutely not true. Every time I 'rant' about SAO, it's only cuz, like you did, I get asked what's my argument to give it only a 6.5. And so I explain.

Also, if we are talking and discussing about arguments, discussions and anime critiques, saying the "live and let live" philosophy is sort of a contradiction.

If I, for example, go to MAL and post a complete false critique on an anime, and people downvote it, it would be silly of me to say "hey, I enjoyed it, so stop downvoting my review, I'm not forcing anyone to watch this, just saying that it's super great when it's not."

In the same way that everyone is entitled to their opinion and to express it, so is everyone else to discuss and 'counter' it.

That's the type of argument I was looking for. And honestly, I'll agree with most of your points. I thought the same things as I was watching it. So yes, I can agree why you could say it was poorly written (because it was.) But I still enjoy it. You've thoroughly proved your point.

And yes, I also admit that I began deflecting the debate. That was my bad for getting too caught up into it.

Wow, a civil debate on the internet. Surprising.

That's the type of argument I was looking for. And honestly, I'll agree with most of your points. I thought the same things as I was watching it. So yes, I can agree why you could say it was poorly written (because it was.) But I still enjoy it. You've thoroughly proved your point.

And yes, I also admit that I began deflecting the debate. That was my bad for getting too caught up into it.

Wow, a civil debate on the internet. Surprising.

I have heard that the Light Novel is better, and that this SAO II is, supposedly, also better. So, hey, you never know.

But, like you said, wow, a civil debate on the Internet and one side reflected and agreed to the points of the other? Where are we going? A rational anime community? I won't believe so!

A Lolicon pushing the SJW agenda in anime!
This SAO discussion looks fun though.

I've said it many times already. Even Ouraibaa has said it. Between the many flows, the key problems are: -Snip-

"This was completely trashed after Kirito goes 'lonely badass' style, and everything and everyone else becomes 2nd plane and unimportant. The show suddenly doesn't care at all about the idea it first presented, and instead gives us a "the hero must tread the path of the chosen one and save the world" kind of story."

I fail to see what is wrong with Kirito being the lone badass. Personally I prefer OP characters, and this is exactly what the author intended. What you've stated there is pure opinion and doesn't make the show "bad". Basically, as we're discussing quality, I can't see why this type of character makes for low quality. It doesn't. As for WHY he's badass and develoment of that, THERE is the real argument. As for your point about a wasted idea, absolutely agree. They fail to show how the inhabitants of the world deal with their issue and instead focus on badass Kirito saving the world one dungeon at a time. A better example of doing societal development pretty well in the same sort of situatuion (minus the permadeath) would be Log Horizon.

"The characters: shallow is a mild word to define them. First of all, Kirito has absolutely no reason at all to be not only badass, but likeable at all. As a human being we see him presented as reticent, closed, anti-social. Yet the anime, later on, suddenly presents him as a badass supercharismatic hero to whom everyone rallies to. Asuna, though is the worst case of them all..."

Agreed. The characters are definitely shallow. And the deal with Kirito is a great example of the show's many asspulls; there is no reason at all for him to be badass. None. That's bad character development.  As for Asuna.. I half agree with you. She was cool and mysterious because we didn't know her. In fact she was cool and mysterious until Kirito began to know her. I don't see the sense in her being abrasive, msyterious, and wary of Kirito (how she was when we met her) after falling in love with him, in fact she warms up (as she should, this is her character) and depends on him. He depends on her for emotional support as well, and we see this throughout the anime. Unless of course, you were expecting the annoying modern Tsundere archetype that plagues 90% of anime, which is mostly misandric, by the way. I'll get to that fun topic later. And that's the bit I don't agree with, however you're absolutely right in wondering why the fuck she became so weak-minded later on. She could hold her own, so what was up with that? I personally don't see that as a mysogynistic move on the author's part and think you're reading too much into it, more likely that he wanted to make everything revolve around Kirito.

"The 'bad guy': do we really need to say much?"

Nope. That bit was garbage for sure. Though I see no issue with a crazy villain wanting to toy with lives. That isn't a downside to me. The downside is that he's portrayed as being sane, and even someone Kirito almost looks up to in a way (what the fuck?), and the dude from Asuna's company? Yeah... ridiculous arc. What a mess that was.

"The pacing: the first season goes forward and backward, then suddenly drops some random episodes with girls that prove to be useless without Kirito around them...
The second part is even worse. It is presented as a "quick before it's too late" quest to save Asuna, yet the following episodes lose all sense of urgency...
"

These girls were just added fanservice, they were useless to begin with, they never needed Kirito to confirm their uselessness.
I definitely agree with the urgency bit. The second arc had a very silly plot alltogether, so I'd actually be very surprised to see anyone able to defend it.

Overall I give SAO a 5/10, it's dull, and shallow and should not be as popular as it is. Period. Why do I watch it? I like OP characters, and I like action, though if Kirito keeps being this silly, and even more asspulls are made I might actually just drop S2. (What the shit? The government wants Kirito's help? Really?) (My opinion)
However I don't see anything wrong with a lot of "points" you made. Though, I agree with most of them. S2 has Kiritio more or less becoming a Trap, I hope you realize now the target audience of this show and that it was never meant to be taken seriously or to be found as "deep". Fanboys who try to make it seem like it is are delusional imo.

Now to the "mysogyny in anime" bit. This kind of stance annoys me to no end and heats me up. And I'll apologize ahead of time if/when I sound rude. It absolutely baffles me how in an art medium FULL of the misandric modern Tsundere, man haters, violence against men for being in siutations that are the woman's fault, (When's the last time you've seen anime that makes comedic the beating up of women? That women are all perverts? That women are inhernetly out to get with men and are only interested in sex?) people actually throw out the word "Misogyny". Does it exist in anime? Absolutely. Is it some serious plague in anime? Absolutely not. Why does this take precedence over the obvious misandry going on in pretty much all anime? It baffles me even further that your MAL profile has quite a bit of ecchi type anime that you are watching all the way through, some that focus their entire selling point on fanservice. Interestingly enough, most also are full of violent tsunderes as the focus. Forgive me, but with how zealous you come off as with your SJW agenda regarding misogyny, (I could be wrong and it's not as big as I think you're making it seem) you sure don't have any issue indulging yourself in these type of shows where violence against men is comedic, where men are scum to be walked over by women. Conversely, you don't seem to have an issue watching anime that have "lone badasses who want to save the world" either, in which I hope your earlier post was simply stating that these lone badasses didn't make anime bad, but their character development did. Most anime is at best philogynistic with very heavy misandric tendencies and minor mysogyny. It's not like it's an issue for me though, it simply annoys me when people bring up the girl card like it's the bigger issue. Though I do get it, the misandry bit is for the masochist male otaku, and usually used to create tension because it's easy writing. Nobody usually wants to see the girl that automatically is in love with the MC. There's no conflict. Easy(read: lazy) writing = Tsundere to fill that gap. However you'll be very hard pressed to find a reversal of roles comedy with the girl being the one who gets beat up, etc. Why? Because true sexism. It's totally okay if it's the guy. This is the case with anime, movies, video games, even commercials, you name it. Bad guys are typically male. If they're female, they're dealt with in a pretty tame way if the MC is male. If it's an all girls anime then it's suddenly okay for the girls to get beat up or abused comedically because hey, another girl is doing it. With all you've said, your MAL, and your lolicon persona, it just seems bizzarely hypocritical that you'd even bother bringing up mysogyny like it's some large issue with anime, yet nowhere mention it's contrastingly HUGE sister.

Rant aside, I'll now get to my actual opinion regarding all this; I personally think it silly to try and push out agendas such as these into niche mediums that are created specifically for a certain type of person. A lolicon should understand the point I'm making, if people had their way, Jun wouldn't exist. It's like creating a toaster then complaining that it's not a fridge, then blogging about how fridges are opressed due to this toaster. This entire argument can almost be a paradox of itself with no resolution however because of contrasting morals. It's like I'm saying to leave the niche alone because it's supposed to be that way, but that would imply I'm promoting mysogny or misandry. Yet at the same time, if I say that they should remove this from the anime, it's as if I'm saying that my morality/tastes rein supreme and everything should be changed to fit what I prefer and what I think is "right". (This is a HUGE issue with the video game industry right now) When it comes down to it, it's just confusing.

Anyway, I get way more into this than I thought I would. Patiently waiting for this translation is difficult.

A Lolicon pushing the SJW agenda in anime!

This SAO discussion looks fun though.

"This was completely trashed after Kirito goes 'lonely badass' style, and everything and everyone else becomes 2nd plane and unimportant. The show suddenly doesn't care at all about the idea it first presented, and instead gives us a "the hero must tread the path of the chosen one and save the world" kind of story."

I fail to see what is wrong with Kirito being the lone badass. Personally I prefer OP characters, and this is exactly what the author intended. What you've stated there is pure opinion and doesn't make the show "bad". Basically, as we're discussing quality, I can't see why this type of character makes for low quality. It doesn't. As for WHY he's badass and develoment of that, THERE is the real argument. As for your point about a wasted idea, absolutely agree. They fail to show how the inhabitants of the world deal with their issue and instead focus on badass Kirito saving the world one dungeon at a time. A better example of doing societal development pretty well in the same sort of situatuion (minus the permadeath) would be Log Horizon.

"The characters: shallow is a mild word to define them. First of all, Kirito has absolutely no reason at all to be not only badass, but likeable at all. As a human being we see him presented as reticent, closed, anti-social. Yet the anime, later on, suddenly presents him as a badass supercharismatic hero to whom everyone rallies to. Asuna, though is the worst case of them all..."

Agreed. The characters are definitely shallow. And the deal with Kirito is a great example of the show's many asspulls; there is no reason at all for him to be badass. None. That's bad character development.  As for Asuna.. I half agree with you. She was cool and mysterious because we didn't know her. In fact she was cool and mysterious until Kirito began to know her. I don't see the sense in her being abrasive, msyterious, and wary of Kirito (how she was when we met her) after falling in love with him, in fact she warms up (as she should, this is her character) and depends on him. He depends on her for emotional support as well, and we see this throughout the anime. Unless of course, you were expecting the annoying modern Tsundere archetype that plagues 90% of anime, which is mostly misandric, by the way. I'll get to that fun topic later. And that's the bit I don't agree with, however you're absolutely right in wondering why the fuck she became so weak-minded later on. She could hold her own, so what was up with that? I personally don't see that as a mysogynistic move on the author's part and think you're reading too much into it, more likely that he wanted to make everything revolve around Kirito.

"The 'bad guy': do we really need to say much?"

Nope. That bit was garbage for sure. Though I see no issue with a crazy villain wanting to toy with lives. That isn't a downside to me. The downside is that he's portrayed as being sane, and even someone Kirito almost looks up to in a way (what the fuck?), and the dude from Asuna's company? Yeah... ridiculous arc. What a mess that was.

"The pacing: the first season goes forward and backward, then suddenly drops some random episodes with girls that prove to be useless without Kirito around them...

The second part is even worse. It is presented as a "quick before it's too late" quest to save Asuna, yet the following episodes lose all sense of urgency..."

These girls were just added fanservice, they were useless to begin with, they never needed Kirito to confirm their uselessness.

I definitely agree with the urgency bit. The second arc had a very silly plot alltogether, so I'd actually be very surprised to see anyone able to defend it.

Overall I give SAO a 5/10, it's dull, and shallow and should not be as popular as it is. Period. Why do I watch it? I like OP characters, and I like action, though if Kirito keeps being this silly, and even more asspulls are made I might actually just drop S2. (What the shit? The government wants Kirito's help? Really?) (My opinion)

However I don't see anything wrong with a lot of "points" you made. Though, I agree with most of them. S2 has Kiritio more or less becoming a Trap, I hope you realize now the target audience of this show and that it was never meant to be taken seriously or to be found as "deep". Fanboys who try to make it seem like it is are delusional imo.

Now to the "mysogyny in anime" bit. This kind of stance annoys me to no end and heats me up. And I'll apologize ahead of time if/when I sound rude. It absolutely baffles me how in an art medium FULL of the misandric modern Tsundere, man haters, violence against men for being in siutations that are the woman's fault, (When's the last time you've seen anime that makes comedic the beating up of women? That women are all perverts? That women are inhernetly out to get with men and are only interested in sex?) people actually throw out the word "Misogyny". Does it exist in anime? Absolutely. Is it some serious plague in anime? Absolutely not. Why does this take precedence over the obvious misandry going on in pretty much all anime? It baffles me even further that your MAL profile has quite a bit of ecchi type anime that you are watching all the way through, some that focus their entire selling point on fanservice. Interestingly enough, most also are full of violent tsunderes as the focus. Forgive me, but with how zealous you come off as with your SJW agenda regarding misogyny, (I could be wrong and it's not as big as I think you're making it seem) you sure don't have any issue indulging yourself in these type of shows where violence against men is comedic, where men are scum to be walked over by women. Conversely, you don't seem to have an issue watching anime that have "lone badasses who want to save the world" either, in which I hope your earlier post was simply stating that these lone badasses didn't make anime bad, but their character development did. Most anime is at best philogynistic with very heavy misandric tendencies and minor mysogyny. It's not like it's an issue for me though, it simply annoys me when people bring up the girl card like it's the bigger issue. Though I do get it, the misandry bit is for the masochist male otaku, and usually used to create tension because it's easy writing. Nobody usually wants to see the girl that automatically is in love with the MC. There's no conflict. Easy(read: lazy) writing = Tsundere to fill that gap. However you'll be very hard pressed to find a reversal of roles comedy with the girl being the one who gets beat up, etc. Why? Because true sexism. It's totally okay if it's the guy. This is the case with anime, movies, video games, even commercials, you name it. Bad guys are typically male. If they're female, they're dealt with in a pretty tame way if the MC is male. If it's an all girls anime then it's suddenly okay for the girls to get beat up or abused comedically because hey, another girl is doing it. With all you've said, your MAL, and your lolicon persona, it just seems bizzarely hypocritical that you'd even bother bringing up mysogyny like it's some large issue with anime, yet nowhere mention it's contrastingly HUGE sister.

Rant aside, I'll now get to my actual opinion regarding all this; I personally think it silly to try and push out agendas such as these into niche mediums that are created specifically for a certain type of person. A lolicon should understand the point I'm making, if people had their way, Jun wouldn't exist. It's like creating a toaster then complaining that it's not a fridge, then blogging about how fridges are opressed due to this toaster. This entire argument can almost be a paradox of itself with no resolution however because of contrasting morals. It's like I'm saying to leave the niche alone because it's supposed to be that way, but that would imply I'm promoting mysogny or misandry. Yet at the same time, if I say that they should remove this from the anime, it's as if I'm saying that my morality/tastes rein supreme and everything should be changed to fit what I prefer and what I think is "right". (This is a HUGE issue with the video game industry right now) When it comes down to it, it's just confusing.

Anyway, I get way more into this than I thought I would. Patiently waiting for this translation is difficult.

I would say that both problems are the 2 sides of one coin. Misogyny does plague the world of anime, as does the "man hate" ideas as you stated. They both originate from the same thing, and are both denigrant an infuriating.

Also, guess I don't need to say much about the SAO 'counter'-argument, as you mostly agreed with what I said, except with my first point which you answered yourself with what I had intended (the problem I talked about was indeed that there's no reason for Kirito to be so op; it's pure and silly extreme wish-fulfilment. Mind me, I said extreme, because some wish-fulfilment is not necessarily bad, but Kirito's case is just really absurd)

Mahouka's main character, Tatsuya, is really OP and I love him, cuz there is a story and reasoning behind his skills, and he's not just an empty husk used to drive the wish-fulfilment onto the spectators.

I would say that both problems are the 2 sides of one coin. Misogyny does plague the world of anime, as does the "man hate" ideas as you stated. They both originate from the same thing, and are both denigrant an infuriating.

Also, guess I don't need to say much about the SAO 'counter'-argument, as you mostly agreed with what I said, except with my first point which you answered yourself with what I had intended (the problem I talked about was indeed that there's no reason for Kirito to be so op; it's pure and silly extreme wish-fulfilment. Mind me, I said extreme, because some wish-fulfilment is not necessarily bad, but Kirito's case is just really absurd)

Mahouka's main character, Tatsuya, is really OP and I love him, cuz there is a story and reasoning behind his skills, and he's not just an empty husk used to drive the wish-fulfilment onto the spectators.

I think misandry is grossly under-represented yet it ironically weighs as being much more prevalant. So, they are certainly 2 sides of the same coin, however one side is far, far heavier than the other imo. I guess I just don't understand why this always pops up in discussions when it's larger sister(or should I say brother) recieves nary a mention. It's just annoying. That was the only point I was making.

Mahouka is turning out to be one of my favourite series' this season next to NGNL. As I said, I love OP characters, and Tatsuya has a TON of backstory. Really, I don't mind his Harem. Who wouldn't be instantly drawn to a guy like that? It's just a shame a lot of the information cannot fit into the anime. I think having made Mahouka into 50m episodes would have been amazing, as the infodump that Mahouka is would be able to fully fruit that way. (Wishfull thinking, though) I'm not sure how it's doing in Japanland though. While I enjoy reading the LN, I'd be craving seeing Tatsuya being Tatsuya in an anime. If you haven't read the LN, you should check it out, it has crazy amounts of infodumping regarding the magic. Very fun if you're into stuff like that, though most people aren't. That's what worries me about this getting a S2.

I'm also loving NGNL. It's just too much fun, and despite how the "OPness" of them can be a bit much,(That memory checkers with Clammy and the fight with Gal Guns) I'm having too much of a good time with it to care. And the colours! Voting for one of the most colourful anime this season. Amazing so far. I've even stopped reading the LN just so I could see how far it goes with anime. The good news is it seems to be doing fairly well in Japanland, so hopefully we get a S2. The author is a guy from Brazil, and one of very few outsiders to be successful in manga. He's a huge lolicon, too.

I think misandry is grossly under-represented yet it ironically weighs as being much more prevalant. So, they are certainly 2 sides of the same coin, however one side is far, far heavier than the other imo. I guess I just don't understand why this always pops up in discussions when it's larger sister(or should I say brother) recieves nary a mention. It's just annoying. That was the only point I was making.

Mahouka is turning out to be one of my favourite series' this season next to NGNL. As I said, I love OP characters, and Tatsuya has a TON of backstory. Really, I don't mind his Harem. Who wouldn't be instantly drawn to a guy like that? It's just a shame a lot of the information cannot fit into the anime. I think having made Mahouka into 50m episodes would have been amazing, as the infodump that Mahouka is would be able to fully fruit that way. (Wishfull thinking, though) I'm not sure how it's doing in Japanland though. While I enjoy reading the LN, I'd be craving seeing Tatsuya being Tatsuya in an anime. If you haven't read the LN, you should check it out, it has crazy amounts of infodumping regarding the magic. Very fun if you're into stuff like that, though most people aren't. That's what worries me about this getting a S2.

I'm also loving NGNL. It's just too much fun, and despite how the "OPness" of them can be a bit much,(That memory checkers with Clammy and the fight with Gal Guns) I'm having too much of a good time with it to care. And the colours! Voting for one of the most colourful anime this season. Amazing so far. I've even stopped reading the LN just so I could see how far it goes with anime. The good news is it seems to be doing fairly well in Japanland, so hopefully we get a S2. The author is a guy from Brazil, and one of very few outsiders to be successful in manga. He's a huge lolicon, too.

Well, "harem". I mean, the more the story progresses, the more realist the situation is. Tatsuya seems to be so detatched from human emotions, that most girls around him respect him, more than love.

And I feel the same way about NGNL. The siblings are a bit on the "no reason behind this" OP side, but they pull it off well, so I just accepted it as a minor flaw (objectively speaking, the siblings are too OP simply 'because', and have no growth or development in the story). Still NGNL was my second favourite of the Spring season.

Well, "harem". I mean, the more the story progresses, the more realist the situation is. Tatsuya seems to be so detatched from human emotions, that most girls around him respect him, more than love.

And I feel the same way about NGNL. The siblings are a bit on the "no reason behind this" OP side, but they pull it off well, so I just accepted it as a minor flaw (objectively speaking, the siblings are too OP simply 'because', and have no growth or development in the story). Still NGNL was my second favourite of the Spring season.

The running joke is that Tatsuya downplays any girls advances because he lacks these emotions, or simply isn't interested, he also likes to tease them about him and Miyuki. I agree they respect him, but I feel the constant blushing and infatuation is a big giveaway to how they feel about him. Granted, I'm not saying ALL of them like him, though I think all of them respect him, just the few he's managed to charm by being super CAD man. The pres wants him, ponytail brunette girl fell in love with him, the Dandere is starting to like him, the moeblob will probably go insane for him now that she suspects he's Silver, etc etc. He's forming quite the circle of ladies. I use the term "harem" very loosely, mostly as a joke, most of them don't "love" him, but are very interested. Of course, that's just counting who we've seen in the anime. We keep seeing Miyuki give off those stares at certain girls because she knows they're interested. Not to be confused with her being jealous of every girl he talks to, though. Becoming interested in someone because of their status and how amazing they are isn't anything new, and doesn't require the other person to be capable of feeling the same way.

Hm, All I can say about SAO is I first watched the anime, started when ALO started airing. Shortly after I began reading the LN and when the season finished, I rewatched it and had a nagging feeling of "incompleteness", that being all those flaws the animation has. But I gave up on any opinion of it and only regarded the original plot of the LN as the "real" season one. Now with season two starting, I'm feeling less "incompleteness" but if my hopes are let down, I'll just do the same and watch it with the LN-plot in mind, hoping Alicization is someday going to be animated (cuz that would be awesome ^^) 

As to Mahouka, having read bout half of the translated LN-volumes, I too can really recommend them, the anime is top-notch as well, imo. And I agree with the 50-min episodes, but I guess profit has to be made by giving the mass what it wants :3 

No Season 2 No Life ^^

Well there isn't anything more left to say about SAO now..... It had a really good potential, during the whole of first part I was always hoping that the next episode would be better. I had hopes for it till Alfheim began, then i became somewhat of a hater. GGO can be better, lets see what happens to it.

I saw NGNL, it's pretty good and I can't wait for the second season. It will probably take year or so, sadly. 

I am looking through SAO 2 and black butler 3 this season.

I continue to watch Fairy Tail ........ Anyone else here who watches Fairy Tail ?

Well there isn't anything more left to say about SAO now..... It had a really good potential, during the whole of first part I was always hoping that the next episode would be better. I had hopes for it till Alfheim began, then i became somewhat of a hater. GGO can be better, lets see what happens to it.

I saw NGNL, it's pretty good and I can't wait for the second season. It will probably take year or so, sadly. 

I am looking through SAO 2 and black butler 3 this season.

I continue to watch Fairy Tail ........ Anyone else here who watches Fairy Tail ?

I read the manga, but mainly for the same reason I still read Naruto long after I stopped enjoying it: it feels like it's about to end, and I usually only criticize works I have read/watched.

Why the bloody fuck does everyone watch Fairy Tail?!

19l6B.gif

Oh, right...

It is pretty good. The fan-service is as much as any other anime. The major focus is on the plot and characters. It is not a dark and deep anime like F/Z,but is enjoyable to watch.

I read the manga, but mainly for the same reason I still read Naruto long after I stopped enjoying it: it feels like it's about to end, and I usually only criticize works I have read/watched.

Well may I know why you don't like it ?