Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

...Insulting VNs in a site dedicated to them... You got real guts. I like that.

If you were talking about my comment to monmon then you obviously haven't been here long enough to know the kind of fucked up VNs he reads. There are many veterans of this thread who have been traumatized for life from carelessly following his vndb links. So rather than insulting VNs, I was insulting monmon's taste in them. Well, I suppose I wasn't even doing that, I was simply stating his taste in them, because I think even he agrees that some of the stuff he reads is fucked up

I wouldn't be translating Amairo Islenauts if I didn't like VNs... lol

If you were talking about my comment to monmon then you obviously haven't been here long enough to know the kind of fucked up VNs he reads. There are many veterans of this thread who have been traumatized for life from carelessly following his vndb links.

Was it really so long ago......?

It doesn't feel like it has been, but frequent interaction probably has me recalling more recent imagery. 

At this point his rather unique tastes have more or less become something of an endearing quality I suppose.

I would say that Skype helps to desensitize you, but if there is anything I have learned, it is that Mon is never to be underestimated.....

I think that saying something is badly made just because you don't enjoy it isn't necessarily a fair thing to do. Everyone has different definitions of what makes something "good." If everyone agreed on what made something good, then we would only have that, which would get boring fairly quickly. I personally am not a huge fan of shounen, but with it's large amount of fans it has to be doing something right. I'm all for insulting the pretentious fanfags, but I think calling an entire demographics opinion of something "wrong" based on how you view it is, honestly, quite arrogant.

I think that saying something is badly made just because you don't enjoy it isn't necessarily a fair thing to do. Everyone has different definitions of what makes something "good." If everyone agreed on what made something good, then we would only have that, which would get boring fairly quickly. I personally am not a huge fan of shounen, but with it's large amount of fans it has to be doing something right. I'm all for insulting the pretentious fanfags, but I think calling an entire demographics opinion of something "wrong" based on how you view it is, honestly, quite arrogant.

You would need smth to sustain that argument. This sort of talk is basically saying "if enough people belive X, it has to be true." And that's quite senseless.

If you read what I wrote about SAO, the main reason it has so many fanboys, and so many haters, is because SAO is about MMORPGs, a theme that's rarely touched in anime, which made thousands of people ignore every flaw the anime had because, hey, MMORPG anime!

And this had the obvious consequence of another many thousands of people being horrified at the fanboyism that an anime filled with inconsequence, bad planning, shallow characters and misogyny (which is saying a lot, considering that anime tends to always be a bit misogynistic)

This, and mainly this, is why there are so many fanboys giving it 9s and 10s, why there are so many haters who would give it a negative score if they could, and why there are so many people don't give it a deserved 6-7, and just go "meh" about the first two groups fights.

You would need smth to sustain that argument. This sort of talk is basically saying "if enough people belive X, it has to be true." And that's quite senseless.

This right here would be valid if the topic was science. Unfortunately, this is not science, but very much all about subjective opinion. Does SAO have its flaws? Of course it does. I'm a huge SAO fan, but I'm more than willing to admit that. But with manga and anime and the like, if enough people believe it to be good, then from the goal of the creators, that's mission accomplished, and it is good, no matter what the content may be.

This right here would be valid if the topic was science. Unfortunately, this is not science, but very much all about subjective opinion. Does SAO have its flaws? Of course it does. I'm a huge SAO fan, but I'm more than willing to admit that. But with manga and anime and the like, if enough people believe it to be good, then from the goal of the creators, that's mission accomplished, and it is good, no matter what the content may be.

Right there you defined 'popular', not 'good', which might indeed be the goal of the authors. But there's no such thing as complete subjectivity, the number of people that rally behind a manga or anime make it popular or an underdog, not good or bad.

If you read what I wrote about SAO, the main reason it has so many fanboys, and so many haters, is because SAO is about MMORPGs, a theme that's rarely touched in anime, which made thousands of people ignore every flaw the anime had because, hey, MMORPG anime!

And this had the obvious consequence of another many thousands of people being horrified at the fanboyism that an anime filled with inconsequence, bad planning, shallow characters and misogyny (which is saying a lot, considering that anime tends to always be a bit misogynistic)

This, and mainly this, is why there are so many fanboys giving it 9s and 10s, why there are so many haters who would give it a negative score if they could, and why there are so many people don't give it a deserved 6-7, and just go "meh" about the first two groups fights.

I'm in the "eh, it was a 6-7" crowd, but mysogyny? really? That's quite the misuse of that word. If anything, anime have a tendency to be philogynistic.

I'm in the "eh, it was a 6-7" crowd, but mysogyny? really? That's quite the misuse of that word. If anything, anime have a tendency to be philogynistic.

The female characters in SAO exist only and uniquely so that Kirito can gather them in his harem, as seen by how they fall for him without real reason, and that during the first season each girl has one, and only one, completely worthless episode where we see that they can't do crap without Kirito, and then they are not seen again.

That right there is objectification of women, and denigration of women, two of the most common cases of misogyny.

I think you are getting confused with a bad case of "oh no, I do not think that women are inferior to men, it's just that I'm such an old-fashioned gentleman!"

And other shows aren't like that? That's the case for nearly all anime. Those are also side characters. They don't have much depth because the story isn't about them. And by the same definition of "rallying behind something doesn't make it good," the opposite is true as well. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad. Your misogynistic argument doesn't hold water unless you apply it to most anime, in which case, to you, those would all be bad. And anyways, the new heroine in season two is pretty badass and doesn't really seem to be the weak "damsel in distress" that the others were. Give some other reasons for WHY you think the show is bad. As of now you're just begging the question. It's bad because it's bad.