Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

So, guys, what are some of your favorite manga/anime? Or your actual favorite one if you have one?

For me, it's probably Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I found out about the series when I was watching these guys on youtube, Two Best Friends Play, and then checked it out for myself. It's a thirty year old manga that is a little bit... hm... extravagant and flamboyant, but manly and hardcore as well. Funny at times, badass at others. And I love me some Stands.

So yeah. What are your guys'?

So, guys, what are some of your favorite manga/anime? Or your actual favorite one if you have one?

For me, it's probably Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I found out about the series when I was watching these guys on youtube, Two Best Friends Play, and then checked it out for myself. It's a thirty year old manga that is a little bit... hm... extravagant and flamboyant, but manly and hardcore as well. Funny at times, badass at others. And I love me some Stands.

If we're talking about manga i would be between Medaka Box and Yotsubato,my favourite anime would probably durarara or baccano,i love them equally

It's a tie between Nisekoi and Dance in the Vampire Bund

(Manga: I guess Pandora Hearts, Kagerou Days & Blood Lad are the only ones that come to mind at the moment that I really liked.

Anime: Leaving out the awesome recent animes. 

Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?

Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Shingeki no Kyojin

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood)

The Slayers series, Rurouni Kenshin, Flame of Recca, GetBackers, Outlaw Star, Tenchi Muyo, Baccano!, One Piece (which I seriously need to get caught up on), Detective Conan (ditto), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi (ditto)

Translation delayed 1 week because of problems in Kosuna's personal life (His email got hacked).

Crap - that sucks. He didn't get anything compromised - no stolen identity or pinched bank-account or anything like that? I had a relative that went through that - got their family's bank account hacked buying diapers for their little kid at a Wal Mart. It's not fun to watch, so I can't even imagine what going through it must be like.

Tell him we (at least, I'm assuming I can speak for everyone on this) wish him best of luck.

I like a lot of the older anime - namely Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I also liked Soul Eater - both the manga and anime, even though both have pretty different plots at the end. Bleach is a favorite as well, and so is One Piece. Naruto... I like it, but IDK if it ranks up with me as high as the previous ones on this list do. I liked the Rosario + Vampire manga, but the anime.... well, I couldn't get past the first six episodes - the anime was basically mindless fan-service. Not that it's a bad thing, mind you - but sometimes, you get beat over the head with it so much that you actually stop enjoying it, and that's what happened to me with the anime. It made me stop enjoying the fan-service - that's about as big a sin with this stuff as you can get if you ask me. The Majikoi manga adaptation was nice, but I still didn't think it perfectly captured the visual novel - but it certainly got it closer then the anime in my opinion.

Depends on my mood, I guess. If I'm feeling nostalgic my vote goes for Rurouni Kenshin. If it's more of a modern mood I'd go for Bleach. If I'm feeling upset I usually head for something funny/sweet and Mayo Chiki! or Engaged to the Unidentified has that spot. If I'm feeling sappy I've got quite a few I like switching between. If I'm just in an actiony kind of mood it's basically the same thing; three or four anime that all kick an equal amount of ass.

In short: My favorite depends solely on how I'm feeling, and changes pretty often. 

So off topic but Tsujidou-san no Jun'ai Road looks amazing and I hope it gets translated before I die of old age XD

"Off topic"? In this thread? There is no such thing.

1/2.  Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

1/2.  Code Geass

3/4.   Psycho Pass

3/4.   Death Note

5.      Fate/Zero

6.         Durarara!!!

7.         Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

8.         Kara no Kyoukai

9.         Mirai Nikki

10.       Shingeki no Kyojin

. . .

I don't read manga a lot, but I can say the one that had the most impact on me was Gakuen Alice.

1/2.  Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

1/2.  Code Geass

3/4.   Psycho Pass

3/4.   Death Note

5.      Fate/Zero

6.         Durarara!!!

7.         Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

8.         Kara no Kyoukai

9.         Mirai Nikki

10.       Shingeki no Kyojin

ef5f5c3406.jpg So~~~u like mirai nikki too huh

Old gen:City hunter,Sailor moon, maison ikkoku and Ranma1/2

New(ish) gen: FMAB, Mirai nikki, WCW,Btoom and Code geass.

Manga:Shingeki no kyoujin,Hapi mari, Onani master kurosawa and Nozoki no ana.

I don't have much of an interest in any kind of comic and i hardly read comics.

There are many animes i have watched though, my favorites -

Dragon Ball Z 

Gurren Lagann

Code Geass

Fairy Tail

FLCL

FMA:B

In case the people who were curious about the Amairo Islenauts translation thing from before are still around, I've finished translating chapter 5 part 2 today, and the hacker in the translation group I joined has put together an alpha patch for the prologue just as a test to prove that everything works

In case the people who were curious about the Amairo Islenauts translation thing from before are still around, I've finished translating chapter 5 part 2 today, and the hacker in the translation group I joined has put together an alpha patch for the prologue just as a test to prove that everything works

Kick ass! Do work!

Anyone know a good VN to go to? Im about to finsh Grisaia and have done Fate Stay,Majikoi S-A,G-Senjou no Maou,Rance,Kamidori,Tsukihime. Something similar to any of these in story and art and with voices if possiable. TY all your all amazing and 300+ pages is scary.

Anyone know a good VN to go to? Im about to finsh Grisaia and have done Fate Stay,Majikoi S-A,G-Senjou no Maou,Rance,Kamidori,Tsukihime. Something similar to any of these in sorry and art and with voices if possiable. TY all your all amazing and 300+ pages is scary.

I would reccommend Katawa shoujo and Kagetsu Tohya(a tsukihime spin off novel)

,none of them have voices but both are really great

Anyone know a good VN to go to? Im about to finsh Grisaia and have done Fate Stay,Majikoi S-A,G-Senjou no Maou,Rance,Kamidori,Tsukihime. Something similar to any of these in story and art and with voices if possiable. TY all your all amazing and 300+ pages is scary.

I really, really loved Steins;Gate. It does deal with some serious scientific concepts though and it's not really similar to Majikoi, but, it's really funny and quite cute with a good story. Highly recommend it.

I also enjoy Katawa Shoujo, it's a bit overrated by the community, I'll admit, but it's still good. It's quite complicated to get a good ending, really. But it has good music and a pretty okay pro tag, but not nearly as good as Yamato. Love Yamato.

Anyway, that's it.

Good to hear that everything is going well for you guys.

I shall eagerly look forward to seeing the finished product.

Good to hear that everything is going well for you guys.

I shall eagerly look forward to seeing the finished product.

I'm pretty sure we're still looking for editors, so if you, or anyone else who's reading this and is very skilled at english (i.e. must be really good for a native speaker), are interested in helping out, feel free to head over to the thread (https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/4951-amairo-islenauts-hacker-needed/) and let us know. It's still called "hacker needed" but we've filled that position and instead are looking for translation checkers and editors

On a related note, i've finished translating chapter 5 - 3 today