Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

Soul Cal 5 is a really fun fighter, man. I main Z.W.E.I. in that game mostly because he reminds me of a Stand-User from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure xD

(I was a Cervantes usuer, & I side played as Natsu, Nightmare, Xiba & a little of everything here & there (Not good though. xD). I liked people who played Z.W.E.I. Fast, powerful & takes skill I played as him for a while but not to the point my acquaintance did, he was crazy good with him).

(I was a Cervantes usuer, & I side played as Natsu, Nightmare, Xiba & a little of everything here & there (Not good though. xD). I liked people who played Z.W.E.I. Fast, powerful & takes skill I played as him for a while but not to the point my acquaintance did, he was crazy good with him).

Cervantes is also really cool, man. His gameplay is really fun, but his character concept, I think, is the best part of him. An old, badass pirate with gunswords. Awesome.

Smash Bros. is also a really hype fighter, Bookworm. I played Snake in Brawl and Link in melee, but I think I'll be maining Little Mac or Megaman in the new Smash Bros. coming up.

Oh yeah, I'll quickly say that Persona 4 comes in as a close second in terms of video games. 

(As a quick side thing, what's the Skype thing people keep saying is killing this topic? Do people just talk there now or what's up? Don't mean to intrude if it's a private sort of thing)

Okay guys,new topic:

(ta da da da)

What's your favourite videogame(it can also be a vn) and why?

You're treading on a very, very thin ground here. I don't have a favorite video game, I have favorite video games.

It'll have to be Tales of the Abyss as the only Tales game I've played. I've only partly played the other ones, and in all honesty, they have much, much better storytelling than Final Fantasy. I'll go for the Mass Effect Trilogy for western RPG. I'd also put DotA 2 up there not as a great game, but as a great media to interact with my friends, it had more of a personal impact on me. My favorite fighting game is Tekken, and my favorite FPS is the Bioshock Trilogy if that counts.

I wanted to come up with more witty answers but fact of the matter, choosing a favorite game is like choosing a favorite fruit. They all taste different.

ahem+_3b5f7ac886105b139f33f8bca66556ab.j

Dark Souls of course ^_^

I like games that give me a lot of personal freedom with developing my character. Raiding other people's worlds during invasions, and being incredibly meticulous by min/maxing stats for competitive pvp is extremely satisfying for me.

You just described Clash of Clans there.

You just described Clash of Clans there.

Isn't that an RTS?

Not really much in the way of character stat distribution or personal customization is there? You can invade other people's worlds in Dark Souls to fight them with a character that you personally built, and customized. It is really the only thing that keeps Dark Souls fresh after you have beaten it as many times as I have.

Rpg's with loads of freedom and personal choices that actually have an impact are also personal favorites of mine.

Things like the Witcher, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Fallout 1 & 2 etc.

Deadly_Premonition_cover_art.jpg

Terrible controls, voice acting, and combat system yet this also remains one of my favorite games. I suppose this is what you would call a guilty pleasure?

Isn't that an RTS?

Not really much in the way of character stat distribution or personal customization is there? You can invade other people's worlds in Dark Souls to fight them with a character that you personally built, and customized. It is really the only thing that keeps Dark Souls fresh after you have beaten it as many times as I have.

Rpg's with loads of freedom and personal choices that actually have an impact are also personal favorites of mine.

Terrible controls, voice acting, and combat system yet this also remains one of my favorite games. I suppose this is what you would call a guilty pleasure?

I'unno, I thought the voice acting was okay. But that's also a game I really like, yeah. And while its story is pretty much completely ripped off from Twin Peaks, it's still really interesting and intriguing. The characters are all really fun.

You're treading on a very, very thin ground here. I don't have a favorite video game, I have favorite video games.

Yep, it's just impossible for me to name my ONE favourite game. I can't say, for example, which one i like the most - MGS3, DMC3 or Tales of Graces F (or Tales of Xillia). Or even SMT Devil Survivor or Persona 4. They are all different. Too different to chose only one.

Isn't that an RTS?

"Rpg's with loads of freedom and personal choices that actually have an impact are also personal favorites of mine."

You are talking about Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, my friend.

I feel like the people who say they can't name their favorite video game outright just haven't found the one that just clicks for them.

Hope I don't offend anyone by saying that. :/

I don't think that's the case, well, let me rephrase that. That could be it for some people, but at least for me and it seems like most other people in this conversation have it this way...

I think it's in fact possibly the opposite of what you said. Maybe they've found too many that click for them in different ways. Like, for example, The entire Metal Gear Solid series is another personal favorite of mine because of the story, the characters, the gameplay, the villains, the boss battles, etc.

But I also really love The Street Fighter series, with some similar reasons as to why but largely for different ones. I like it because of the characters, the masterful fighting game gameplay, everything is perfectly balanced, hours and hours of replayability, I can play it with friends, to sum up, it's one of the better fighting games out there.

Now, I don't feel like I love Metal Gear Solid more than Street Fighter. I love both of them quite a lot, for some similar reasons and for some different. It'd be impossible to choose without either lying to myself or ignoring the things that make them different. Because they're not on the same plane at all.

It's like asking if The Mona Lisa is better than Starry Night. You can't judge that fairly because they're entirely different paintings that were painted with different purposes, styles, and messages. Or if Machiavelli's The Prince is better than The Amazing Spider-Man comic or Dragonlance. Both are entirely different pieces of writing that you can't put on the same pedestal, one is a satirical piece criticizing the current government of Italy at the time, and Spider-Man is a relatable super-hero story, while Dragonlance is a fantasy story based on the world of dungeons and dragons.

So, I don't know, I think some people who maybe haven't played that many games or are just the kind pif person to commit to one would probably choose one game as their favorite, but I don't think I could. I could say my favorites however.

Sorry, I rambled. I just found this idea interesting. I hope I wasn't speaking for too many people.  :P

Sammeh I believe we have fairly similiar tastes. At least in games that is :D

I absolutely loved the MGS games, even tough I only recently started playing them.

Other than that I also agree with your oppinion on favourite games, though I found it easy to decide on my favourite game, since Mass Effect has everything that makes a game good in my humble oppinion.

This is my first post to this topic, and since it concerns video games, i'll contribute myself.

I've seen many, many wonderful games, but if i had to speak about my favorites one, i have a short list.

In no specific order :

-Command & conquer : Tiberian sun.

The sequel for one of the first RTS, created by westwood "RIP", the best command & conquer and one of the most satisfying RTS ever made, a good story with two factions struggling in a desperate world, worth the play even if you aren't fan of this genre.

-Halo CE;

The first game i've received with my old xbox, and even if don't play that much now in consoles, i still like this game, this game is like a journey...a great journey.

-Fallout 2.

One of my all-time favourite RPG, the story is good but this game has far more things to deliver than just a main story, the secondary quests are A-WE-SO-ME, you have a lot of possibilities to do in the game, you can also play like Mahatma Ghandi and still finish the game if you want.

-Spec Ops : The Line.

A generic TPS? another game about war? always americans who save the world? you play a hero? forget everything you know about shooters, and welcome to the hell of war, the shooter part is decent and the brutality of the kills is cool, but the story is well developped, and filled with plot twists, do you believe that war is a game? play Spec Ops :The Line and uncover the psychology of a Delta Force member and his team, and don't forget to enjoy your visit of Dubaï.

-Half Minute Hero : SMNCUB and Half minute hero : the second coming.

Bored of neverending rpgs? Of grinding for 5 hours in order to aquire an iron stick? then try this : save the world...in 30 seconds.

This RPGs is a big 16-bits parody of RPGs and is more like a runing game, you have to stuff yourself, do some quests, grinding and finally beating the evil lord...in 30 seconds, but don't worry, you'll be granted a wishful help..from a money-loving time goddess, fun and enjoyable as hell.

-Steins;Gate.

Do i need to say something?

So that's all folks, i'm sorry if my post is too long, since it's my first post in this topic, but video games are a passion for me and i want to spread my love of this medium.

Decided to post somethin because a comment that make my mojo goin again

-Command & conquer : Tiberian sun.

The sequel for one of the first RTS, created by westwood "RIP", the best command & conquer and one of the most satisfying RTS ever made, a good story with two factions struggling in a desperate world, worth the play even if you aren't fan of this genre.

8f83ee034e.gif Sir..that comment just made my day~~~~

Just felt like leaving this here...

funny-wtf-horse-girl-fan.jpg

a550396462.gif

i have a lot favourites games...i dont mind the genre.

Japanese gme=FFX,most game made by ATLUS(especially Persona series and Catherine),resident evil series(i dont mind it gettin worser n worser every series) and MGS series.

Western gme= Assassins Creed 2 trilogy.(couldn't think anymore ATM)