Need recommendations for Charages or light stories.

Larxe1

Recently started reading untranslated visual novels. Noticed that I really enjoyed light or drama-free works like Kari Gurashi Renai or SMEE games. Probably because a lot of VN's that are usually comedic in tone suddenly shift to forced drama, and that's a big dislike for me. I don't necessarily want only drama-free works but if there's drama it should be good and natural. 

VN's I liked,

Smee games (Fureraba,Making lovers, etc)

Kari Gurashi Renai

Natsu no Ame

Princess Evangile

Yuzusoft Title: Personally I think they make the best Charages overall. Drama in their titles also does not feel forced to me. Personal ranking of their titles out of all that I had read so far: 1) Senren Banka / 2) Sanoba Witch / 3) Dracu Riot! / 4) Riddle Joker  /5) Noble Works / 6) Tenshin Ranman / 7) Amairo Islenauts / 8)ExE

Hanasaki Work Spring! - One of my fav Charage / Moege of all time. No forced drama inside as well. However, it's pretty moe-ish. Take note of this if you are a moege hater like @VirginSmasher :wahaha:

Chrono Clock - Not read this before, but recommending it as it has great feedback as far as in all the places which i had looked. Also, I saw through 2 hours of a playthrough of this and I feel it can be classified as a Charage and it (probably) does not have forced drama. This is also the only Charage / Moege which earned the approval of our resident Moege-hater (VirginSmasher). This is a very big feat :wahaha:

Walkure Romanze / Walkure Romanze More & More - No forced drama nor is the story serious in tone. These titles have great pictures (and h-scenes lolz). The story is well written (and pretty unique as I don't think there are a lot of Jousting VN out there), and I like the character design a lot too (:makina:)

Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort - Light-hearted story about a hard-up guy working part-time at a resort with a bunch of girls, whom doubles as love interests, to earn cash. This is technically more of a Moege than a Charage, but I think it should be right up your alley :) 

Edited:

Magical Marriage Lunatics! - I think this could work for you as it is a brainless Charage (but extremely moe-ish) which has virtually no drama at all. Although I personally do not like it very much, it's mainly because I kept comparing it to other VNs. On it's own, could be a solid choice for u

Edited by phantomJS

Maybe both of Melty Moment and Sukiren could be interesting to you, considering that those two came from the same company as Fureraba and Kari Gurashi Ren'ai respectively. Also if you're in the mood to read very long VN, then perhaps Hoshiori would be suffice to you.

Other than those before, I think Miagete can be good and if you want to read the H scenes as well then I suggest you to read it in Japan, because the translated version didn't have the H scenes. Also there's Konosora in which the retranslation patch was just recently released, and both of Konosora and Miagete was from the same company as Koiresort (Pulltop). For the last recommendations, I would recommend you both of To Heart 2 and Yoake.

I hope my recommendations abovr would be helpful to you, and have fun.

Edited by littleshogun

Saku Saku: Love blooms with the cherry blossoms  and Gaokao.Love.100Days  are somehow similar to Fureraba and Princess Evangile as the setting is a High School romance drama of sorts so I'll think you like it! :sachi:

Other light stories that I familiar with are the Fault Series if your alright with Kinetic Visual Novels which does not require much interaction from the player and little to no decision making... More like just reading a book without expectations... Its the kind of VN you'll read if you just want to listen to a good story and relax. :Chocola: