"I Walk Among Zombies" English release announced by Denpasoft

5 minutes ago, MaggieROBOT said:

Eeerrr... the original name of this VN is ゾンビのあふれた世界で俺だけが襲われない that literally means "I am the only one who is not attacked in the world filled with zombies."

Yeah, I missed that part because I didn't read the description thoroughly. And I deeply regret it. Though I might still have tried it, since I didn't really expect the setting to be just a facade to give a scum protagonist his abuse paradise. I should have known better - eroge + zombies can just lead to some crappy fetish hentai.

34 minutes ago, tymmur said:

If you buy a VN with a description like that and then flame the VN because you expected the protagonist to be attacked by zombies, then you might as well buy an all age VN and flame it for lack of H scenes. Half of the review flames the VN because it contains what it says it will contain rather than what you assumed it to contain. The other half is calling the protagonist abusive. That's more or less what I get from it because the rest are references to the story, which I don't get because I haven't read the VN yet.

First, this wasn't a review, just my impression. Second, I also wrote I could have lived with it if the rest was better - which wasn't the case. And you can still make a decent story even for such a situation - which they did not.

I didn't read the description completely, my mistake - but most of the description makes you believe it's at least a semi-serious zombie story and not just an abuse festival for a scum protagonist.

And I don't think I have to ask you for permission to write a comment with my impression for a VN. I think it's not forbidden to read a VN without having read the full desription or having missed a detail. I also wrote that the zombie apocalypse wasn't just boring because of the protagonist not being attacked, but also because of other things like just looking at empty backgrounds the whole time even if there should be zombies everywhere. But I guess you were so eager to write your flame post that you 'missed that detail'.

Edited by ChaosRaven

29 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

First, this wasn't a review, just my impression.

You gave it 2 / 10, which by most standards aims towards reviewing rather than "just my impression".

29 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

And I don't think I have to ask you for permission to write a comment with my impression for a VN.

No and I never claimed otherwise. What I object to is not that you speak your mind, but rather that you decided to give a score. Like it or not, people will read scores as reviews and reading what you wrote as a review makes it a bogus review, particularly since you did not even read the VN description first and rate lower due to false expectations. If nobody objects to that, then more will show up and Fuwa becomes less trustworthy.

I guess what I'm saying is that you are free to write what you want as long as you do not (intentionally or not) gives the reader a false impression.

Edited by tymmur

55 minutes ago, tymmur said:

What I object to is not that you speak your mind, but rather that you decided to give a score. Like it or not, people will read scores as reviews and reading what you wrote as a review makes it a bogus review, particularly since you did not even read the VN description first and rate lower due to false expectations.

Okay, so you're saying I'm not allowed to rate a VN if I didn't do a full and extensive x-page review about it first. Which would also require me to fully read the VN to the end first - a VN I consider crap and being forced to read it to the end would bring me incredible amounts of mental torture. Furthermore, I'm also not allowed to criticize anything which was already mentioned in the description because it has 'immunity against criticism'.

And if I'm just watching a random movie in TV or cinema or make an impulse buy of a video, VN or book that just looks interesting, I'm not allowed to criticize it at all since I didn't read the description first or did otherwise exhaustive research about it. And if I did, I'm not allowed to criticize it since I was 'informed' about it before.

Well, that's just great! I guess you should also tell that to the VNDB admins, so they can delete every vote which isn't backed by an exhaustive full review about it, because it's misleading information that might lead to false expectations. That would probably mean deleting roughly about 99.999 % of all votes on VNDB. I'm sure the VNDB admins will be absolutely exited about it - who wouldn't agree to clean up the whole voting mess on VNDB?! I can't await to see their reaction.

Edited by ChaosRaven

6 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Okay, so you're saying I'm not allowed to

Here we go again. You turn it all into "I'm not allowed to" like you are the victim of some oppressive police state. I can't give you orders on what to write and what not to write. I don't restrict your freedom or whatever you are talking about. Just like you can write your opinion on a written text, I can write my opinion on a written text, in this case your post. However it looks like while you can write whatever you want about everything, I'm not allowed to have an opinion about what you write, at least not if I'm not cheering for you.

I'm not going to debate this because it will get us nowhere. I tried to talk about the post, but you went ahead, twisted my words and made it all about you as a person and how evil I am towards you.

It's quite a fun series. Well... I personally didn't really read it for the plot at all, and just for the "plot". (The "plot" is very good (/ω\)) I've read... ("read?" :P) vol 1-2 in Japanese already. Definitely cool seeing games like these that aren't pure vanilla being localized by Denpasoft. Hope they pick up more stuff like it.

• 2 weeks later...

I will leave my review of volume 1. 

Spoiler

This had extremely interesting scenarios happening throughout the story. The main lead being an asshole makes his calculated decisions so damn interesting. While I really don't care much for the H scenes, the way the zombies acted was fascinating as fuck. I had like 100 different ideas on what was really going on. Then the university scene began... And now I must get for every last volume of this series because I cannot look away!