Evenicle Release by Mangagamer (on June 28th)

littleshogun

Yeah sorry for being so uncreative with the title lol. Anyway as we know finally Mangagamer about to release Evenicle at 28th later, and while I'm already guessed it at yesterday I'm still like the announcement here because it's one of interesting last year AX to me. You can pre-order at Mangagamer shop if you want to purchase it, and they'll remove the mosaic if you interested with that. I'll bring more info at this thread when Mangagamer post some translator corner and character intro later, so I think it should be suffice for now. In case you've been waiting for this, have fun.

PS - Here's what I write in regard of Evenicle back at last year below, in which it was also my 2000th post back at last year.

Instead of created another milestone thread for my 2000th post, I decided to just share my little story in regard of Evenicle because I just tried it earlier in Japan language (Duh).

As for Evenicle, I'd heard that apparently the battle system was improved from Rance Quest. In a way I would say yes because skill at Rance Quest did had number of use which couldn't refilled until at inn, while back at Evenicle each skill did had a cost which called BP (Each character did had maximum BP 5, while skills usually did had BP costs ranged from 1 to 5) which would be regenerated by 1 if characters get a turn. As for the exploration, unlike Rance VI in Evenicle we didn't need to worry about SP anymore whenever we're in dungeon, but in exchange you still need to worry about HP because the healing item were expensive if you want to stock those up.

For the story, apparently Asterix here was far more nicer than Rance (Not a hard accomplishment really) although he was still pervert. As for my choice, I think I prefer Evenicle for now because at least the girls feeling toward Asterix was concluded imo, while Rance did need 10 games to conclude that matter and that's not counting of how massive Rance lores were (I didn't mean it was bad because the lores were actually quite interesting. It's just quite overwhelming).

Well, that's all for my first look at Evenicle, and I'm looking forward to the release if you want to knew my feeling in regard of Evenicle.

PS - By the way, Kathryn combat role was remind me of Urza from Rance VI, in which she did had some buff and using crossbow as her main weapon (Not as big as Kathryn's though). Quite interesting to me here especially knew that old design for the older Karma Atranger was used for Kathryn, and Karma was one of the children that Urza helped in the past.

Edit (7/26) - Now that I checked some older Final Fantasy, I would say that Evenicle there was did had both of elements from FFIV (The five party member with assigned role) and FF 4 Heroes of Light (BP System). In fact, I think Evenicle here was getting many influence from 'Heroes of Light' although I couldn't talk about that for now though.

Edited by littleshogun

4 hours ago, Narcosis said:

I'm more interested with Venus Blood, to be honest. AliceSoft games get stale after a while.

Hanni 1: "We've found the non-believer!"
Hanni 2: "Shame, shame!! Shame the non-believer!"
Hanni 3: "Heretic! Burn the heretic!"
Hanni 1: "Yes, that's right, burn the heretic! Get your pitchforks fellow Hannis and join the coalition!"
All: "Burn, burn!! Burn, burn!!"

Spoiler

23a2a64661a3408134386ad735361942.png

• 3 weeks later...

Since we only have three days left before the release, I decided to bump this thread with the post from Arunaru (The translator) here. I know that it's quite late to post this, but there's saying it's better late than never so here's the post below.

Evenicle: It's the game about the waifus

As for my comment for Arunaru's take about Riche's flaw, I would say that I understand if Riche want to commit Hanny genocide, and the reason is that they immune to magic since Rance VI and they quite annoying (Also easily revived). As for the healing, yeah it's quite debilitating (Or just annoying) gimmick that we can only use healing spell once in the battle, with high BP to boot.

PS - I just realized that Gurigura is almost resembled Reimu in regard of her outfit.

Today we finally have this released. Grab it from Mangagamer if you want yo purchase it and have fun while playing this. Feel free to ask for the tips if you stuck here, although as far as gameplay concerned I think it's not complicated as Alicesoft older VN (See Sengoku Rance, Haruka, Kichikuou, and Daibanchou).

Evenicle is a lot of fun, probably the best H-RPG released in the west. However it's incredibly easy, and the randomly generated fights get boring real quick. There's also a couple of places where if you're not paying attention (or doing 3 things at once, none very well haha...) and you miss some instructions, you could be wandering around the world for an hour because no journal!!!

2 hours ago, Darklord Rooke said:

Evenicle is a lot of fun, probably the best H-RPG released in the west. However it's incredibly easy, and the randomly generated fights get boring real quick. There's also a couple of places where if you're not paying attention (or doing 3 things at once, none very well haha...) and you miss some instructions, you could be wandering around the world for an hour because no journal!!!

Can confirm all of this. I'm playing the game now and enjoying the heck out of it (the Yaegashi Nan art is certainly helping with that!), but the combat isn't particularly involved or strategic or difficult, at least so far; I'm admittedly not that far in. It is also a little punishing in terms of sheer number of random encounters, unless you're religious about sticking to the roads, and who wants to do that in an RPG?

It's a major step up from any other H-RPG I've played (side-bar required at this point: I haven't played Rance), but it's not on par with any non-H RPG I would consider worth playing. But the characters are fun, and there are a whole lot of them, so I'm going to go back to playing it right now!

skip 2 rape scenes. but this is still good.

get defeated by a boss because i dont gear my party and i dont remove eXp items/skills

question:

Spoiler

im at chapter 3 and got a side quest at eden. im at the elf forest and still doesnt know what i should kill to progress the event.
send help. ty

17 minutes ago, wyldstrykr said:

question:

Reveal hidden contents

im at chapter 3 and got a side quest at eden. im at the elf forest and still doesnt know what i should kill to progress the event.
send help. ty

Spoiler

Should be the kill 5 ham barbara quest? I think? You can find them between Maquipeach and Vilfuente. They kinda look like an ogre thing. You'll know it when you see it.

At chapter 3. I don't think the gameplay mechanics compare to something like Kamidori Alchemy Meister, but Evenicle definitely has a major pacing advantage over that game.  You can speed through combat scenes and encounters if you want by just holding CTRL. It even speeds up movement on the minimap.  There's even an auto-combat mode.   Pretty nice.  I also think there is more dialogue in Evenicle than in Kamidori, at least on a "percentage of time playing" basis.  I'm not sure I'd rate it higher overall than Kamidori, though. The romance is very rushed by comparison. I guess that's because Kamidori is less of a "nukige" than evenicle.

Edited by PiggiesGoMoo

10 hours ago, Darklord Rooke said:

There's also a couple of places where if you're not paying attention (or doing 3 things at once, none very well haha...) and you miss some instructions, you could be wandering around the world for an hour because no journal!!!

If this happens again, stop moving, and speech bubbles will pop up. Typically, one or more will tell you where to go or what to do. This includes Aster mentioning any sidequests you might have stumbled upon.
I also recommend you don't overthink it if you get stuck. I've backtracked a lot because I thought I needed to do something in another area once I hit what seemed like a dead end. Generally speaking, the solution to a problem in an area is also in that area.

As for the romance here, I guess it was understandable if they rushed it. I mean normally you should have lover phase before going to the marriage phase, although it's understandable though if Alice Soft didn't develop lovers phase. The reason is because we'll going to have a lot of girls as the harem member, and it would be quite difficult to develop the romance at equal pacing. They shouldn't made Evenicle as harem VN, but I understand though if they did that because they develop this as linear RPG here. If anything, at least I find that the harem aspect is slightly better to Marriage, because here we have Aster helping the heroines before going to the marriage at the proper age (Around 17 or 18 maybe), while for Marriage we have the MC managed to have six marriage promise at his childhood which sort of baffling there (Granted it was against MC's will, but still).

PS - I like that Evenicle here also did have some commentary on Japanese situation even though it was quite a short one, and the situation was in regard of Japanese's declining birth and their dependency to technology (You'll see what I mean in Chapter 3 when Towa did her story telling).