Filthy gaijin signing in

Gluma

Hi everyone!

I am an aspiring artist and now a kinda-wannabe artist, that was invited to make a visual novel a while ago.

I think I'd be somewhat a weird type here, being the guy who's never played a VN in his life, but yet trying to make one. Ifound this forum via google search and it seems as a very nice place to desperately cry for help.

I am a big fan of fantasy stuff based on medieval Europe and I mostly draw anthropomorphic animals, used to run a webcomic (before cancelling it)

4 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Hello there, outsider! You're a furry artist then? The VN project is also in the same convention?

Anyways, whatever questions or problems you might have, I'm sure you'll find some advice around here. :)

I don't like calling myself a furry artist, but some people might, depending how they understand that. And yeah, the VN is in the same universe as everything else that I draw so furries

I'm quite a little bit puzzled about where to post a help me thread at the moment :huh:

Welcome to Fuwanovel, and as for where you post the thread that you asking for help, maybe you can try to post at Creative Corner section and explaining what kind of VN that you want to make. I don't know though if my suggestion will be help or not, but it might worth a try. I hope that you'll have fun here.

"Filthy gaijin", "weird type", "interest in VN creation, but don't know enough to do it without help". Seems like a fairly common description of Fuwa users.

Welcome mr new guy, who fits right in here.

You have come to the right place if your goal is to learn about how to create your own visual novel. A number of people know quite a bit about it and combined we most likely know everything you need to know. You didn't ask for anything specific, but I will still point to a thread, which would be a good start.

Welcome to Fuwanovel! :sachi:

And, you know, you artstyle seems pretty interesting, so I'm pretty interested to see how your VN will turn out. Currently even most non-Japanese VNs traditionally use anime-style drawings, and seeing people attempt something else is always interesting, so I wish your group success!

Though, since I said it, I also need to mention that the reason for this is that people are used to their VNs being anime-style, so using a different style is kind of a risky decision marketing-wise.

8 hours ago, Gluma said:

I am a big fan of fantasy stuff based on medieval Europe

Well, it's not really fantasy in a classical sense, but seeing the word "medieval" I cannot not recommend Fata Morgana. :yumiko:

2 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

Welcome to Fuwanovel! :sachi:

And, you know, you artstyle seems pretty interesting, so I'm pretty interested to see how your VN will turn out. Currently even most non-Japanese VNs traditionally use anime-style drawings, and seeing people attempt something else is always interesting, so I wish your group success!

Though, since I said it, I also need to mention that the reason for this is that people are used to their VNs being anime-style, so using a different style is kind of a risky decision marketing-wise.

Well, it's not really fantasy in a classical sense, but seeing the word "medieval" I cannot not recommend Fata Morgana. :yumiko:

Marketing is what im most concerned about atm

Should I post a thread in Creator Corner or in VN Talk?

2 minutes ago, Gluma said:

Should I post a thread in Creator Corner or in VN Talk?

Creative corner is about your own creations while VN Talk is about VNs made by other people (read you have no involvement at all), at least that's how I understand it. Marketing is not a clear match for the description in any of of those, but since it's marketing of your creation, it would likely fit best in Creative corner.

Welcome! I wish you good luck with your project and hope you see it through. 

I also hope you give some VNs a try (feel free to ask me and the fellow forum members for recommendations!), as it will surely improve your comprehension of the medium you are dealing with, which should prove really helpful for your project, and besides, you'd be missing out on some great stuff otherwise :sachi:

See you around!

Nice to meet you! Currently working on a vn as well, doing art and story so i'll be on alert for publications in regard to this project. I've played a few vn and watched probably too much vn anime adaptations so I could help you out on that or give you some recommendations if requested. See ya pal.