Hello! o/

lunaterra

It's been a while since I've made an introduction post; I'm a bit rusty at it.

I've been reading VNs for who-knows-how-long. I don't remember what exactly was my first, but some of the earliest ones I played were Narcissu, Hotel Dusk, the first two Ace Attorney games, and Katawa Shoujo. I'm mostly interested in yuri, otome, and BL (usually in that order), but I won't turn down a well-written galge.

I don't watch much anime or read manga very often, and I don't read light novels at all, but I do listen to a lot of Japanese music, especially j-metal and visual kei. Both my avatar and signature images are from j-power album covers. I play a shitton of video games besides VNs (my backlog is embarrassingly large) and have a major soft spot for narrative-focused games, which is one of the reasons I'm so interested in VNs. I'll read just about anything put in front of me, which is both a blessing and a curse.

I'm a professional editor/proofreader and do writing commissions, including for VNs. Among others, I was a proofreader for Pairs and This, My Soul. I'm the writer of a yuri KN named A Tale of Two Extras; it's unfortunately stalled at the moment, but I'm determined to get it released someday!

I've been studying Japanese for a while now, though I still consider myself beginner-level (as in "not even N5" beginner-level) and don't plan on translating anything anytime soon.

It's nice to meet you all!

Hello and welcome. It's always nice to see new members with a keen interest in VNs.

4 hours ago, lunaterra said:

It's been a while since I've made an introduction post; I'm a bit rusty at it.

You did ok and you could have done worse. For instance like I did and... didn't really introduce myself until my account was 3.5 years old :amane: (and then I even missed doing it on the First of April because the forum was.... different that day)

Edited by tymmur

Oh, I've seen you VNDb for sometime. Interesting to know you ended up on fuwa. xoP

But anywayz, welcome to fuwanovel!

Edited by Guest

Welcome! :sacchan:

Your taste in VNs sounds interesting. As far as I can tell there are a large number of yuri fans here, but it's significantly rarer for a fuwaposter to enjoy otome and/or BL. Variety is the spice of life! I'm just happily dipping my toes into those three genres myself.

What narrative-focused games do you enjoy most?

Thanks for the welcomes!

21 hours ago, Sayaka said:

Welcome! :sacchan:

Your taste in VNs sounds interesting. As far as I can tell there are a large number of yuri fans here, but it's significantly rarer for a fuwaposter to enjoy otome and/or BL. Variety is the spice of life! I'm just happily dipping my toes into those three genres myself.

What narrative-focused games do you enjoy most?

That's a tough question to answer. My favorite video game is Mass Effect 2 (ironically, since I generally prefer turn-based combat to real-time) and the other two main trilogy games are also pretty high up there. 80 Days is my personal favorite piece of interactive fiction (I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say it's a VN, even if it does have its own VNDB page). My favorite VNs that I've read so far are Butterfly Soup and Digital: A Love Story. eden* is really good too. Other games I like include (in no particular order) Final Fantasy X; The Away Team; Chrono Trigger; Bastion; Papers, Please; Knights of the Old Republic; the Dragon Age series; To Be or Not to Be; Undertale; The World Ends With You; and Remember Me. I also have a soft spot for the writing in Fallen London, even though I don't quite have the patience to play it regularly... (I own Sunless Sea but haven't gotten to it yet. Story of my goddamn life.)