BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Eclipsed

https://bang-dream-gbp-en.bushiroad.com/

Ok so I kind of regret being a LoveLive! School Idol Festival loyalist and not hopping on the banDwagon for the EN version of BanG Dream! Girls Band Party (Bandori) 

But wow I finally started it this week and it's really fun. Bandori is a mobile rhythm game revolving around 5 girl bands each with 5 members. So that's 25 names to remember, 25 potential waifus, 25 idk glhf. 

Actually let me see if I can type them all out now:

• Poppin' Party: Kasumi, Alisa, Rimi, Saya, Tae
  • Afterglow: Ran, Moca, Tsumigi, Tomoe, Himari
  • Pastel Palettes: Aya, Eve, Maya, Chisato, Hina, 
  • Roselia: Yukina, Sayo, Rinko, Ako, Lisa
  • Hello Happy World: Kokoro, Mitsuki, Kanon, Kaoru, Hagumi

I swear i didn't look any of them up (jk maybe like two or three ._.)

The first couple of hours is a bit overwhelming since you are familiarizing yourself with the game interface, mechanics, and the characters but there's plenty of Main Story and Band Story scenes along with (hundreds?) of small talk conversations between members on the world map to flesh out these characters. There's actually so much story I ended up just skipping through them all for now just so i can get the rewards and continue playing :ryuusui:

Rhythm gameplay is great and very satisfying; it's easy to get into yet challenging to master. Despite being a LLSIF veteran I got smacked by even the Hard songs starting out. But now I can manage to beat songs up to 25* EX, though Full Comboing them is a different story, and unfortunately 26* is a slow suicide, and 27*+ hahahaa insta-death 

Most of the songs are catchy and they even have cover songs, I was like :wafuu: when I saw they had Little Busters! 

Multi-Live is genius, you are encouraged to play with others due to the increased rewards, and whoever in general devised the ingame resources is deviously brilliant because unlike LLSIF where G does absolute shit, this game has plenty of various materials via s/m/l power/pure/cool/happy shards that you can only gain by playing Lives and are necessary to purchase boosts to your team stat and more importantly, to promote one of your girls to their idolized version. TL;DR the incentives to play in this game are nicely thought out. Want to idolize that ultra rare 4* Wonderland Kanon card? You'll have to farm up shards, and you'll want to play with others because you'll get more shards in doing so. Win-win.

gikWGsZ.png

I've played so much I'm in top 1000 for the current Runaway Rabbits event, gg

I'm watching the BanG Dream anime now too, really interesting to see how the Poppin' Party girls got to meet each other. 

On Episode 4. Kasumi, Arisa and Rimi all act as expected, Saya though was unexpected with how nonchalant she is and how Kasumi is waay closer atm with Arisa and Rimi despite meeting Saya first

And Tae somehow got totally gimped for these first episodes, barely any screentime whatsoever compared to the others so im guessing the later episodes will center around her if not then the writers need to get shot because tae is bae

~~

14 hours ago, Kiriririri said:

Play deresute pls :rubycry:

I think i tried but couldnt get into it because I'm an EN scrub and too lazy to look up translated menus :ph34r:

9 hours ago, Palas said:

Ran, Aya and Maya are my Lords and Saviors

I'm absolutely terrible at rhythm games but htis game alone managed to get me grinding through horrible fever fails

SO YOU'RE THAT ONE PRICK THAT, WHEN ALL FOUR OTHER PEOPLE GET THEIR CUT-IN CGs SAYING THEY ARE READY FOR THE FEVER TIMES AND WE'RE ALL PUMPED UP BUT THEN THERE'S THIS ONE NOB WE'RE WAITING FOR FINGERS CROSSED BUT THEN THAT NOB NEVER MAKES IT AND THEN WE SEE THEIR SPRITE HAS THE TWIST OF SHAME AND IT'S LIKE GODDAMIT THERE GOES THE A-RANK CLEAR:objection::objection::objection:

58 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

I really need to stop checking on this thread, before I commit to another monstrosity.

jOiN ussSS

6 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

SO YOU'RE THAT ONE PRICK THAT, WHEN ALL FOUR OTHER PEOPLE GET THEIR CUT-IN CGs SAYING THEY ARE READY FOR THE FEVER TIMES AND WE'RE ALL PUMPED UP BUT THEN THERE'S THIS ONE NOB WE'RE WAITING FOR FINGERS CROSSED BUT THEN THAT NOB NEVER MAKES IT AND THEN WE SEE THEIR SPRITE HAS THE TWIST OF SHAME AND IT'S LIKE GODDAMIT THERE GOES THE A-RANK CLEAR:objection::objection::objection:

Oh my :makina:

Have you meet a type of player who "auto dc if it's the song that I don't like"? :leecher:

8 hours ago, Palas said:

Hey at least I don't disconnect ᵐʸ ᵖʰᵒᶰᵉ ˢᵗᶦᶫᶫ ᶫᵃᵍˢ ᵗʰᵒ

They just need to let people download all songs / game content beforehand so that there aren't any people who have to download on the spot for a song they haven't unlocked / played yet, when i started i was one of those sad last-to-load peeps for a good while but now I'm pretty much insta-100% once people lock in

2 hours ago, MoeKyun said:

Oh my :makina:

Have you meet a type of player who "auto dc if it's the song that I don't like"? :leecher:

omg yeahhh. i ended up spamming solos when i was mass clearing easy/normal versions of songs cuz people kept dodging ><. worst experience for me was, once the dodger leaves, you get in the SAME room with them again and then they dodge again ._. B> dodge penalties

less dodgers in the veteran room so far though. though i've mostly been choosing the 'fun' songs like tear drops, silhouette, ready steady go, moon pride..

~~
This here's probably my worst multi-live so far, got a dcer AND a scrub who thought they could do the EX but then fails miserably, dragging us all to the D line. Cherry on top, look how close we were to at least a C.  
wN1jC36.png

SLAP THOSE PEOPLE PLS. friend request needs to be changed to BLACKLIST

Yeah I've become elitist enough now that I find playing Multi-Lives frustrating at times, goddamn people just suck >< you either get a DCer or a scrub who can't survive EX for crap and tries to do 27* Guren no Yumiya. For a while it was actually better for me to play solo because getting C/B in Veteran actually gave less rewards than A/S solo i think. Even playing in Regular rooms is preferable because you could at least hardcarry if you had one deadweight

Anyways fast forward to me getting the new 4* Aya card (btw Aya's best girl because pink and I love her low-key self centered antics like searching herself up or taking selfies <3) and the ability to play in Master rooms is a godsend, you'll still run into an idiot every now and then but for the most part you can get consistent A/S clears with how OP people's teams are along with them being better at the game in general

I'm gonna aim for top 100 for the current event pls

60UNuxw.png