Zombie no Afureta Sekai de Ore Dake ga Osowarenai Translation Project

TakunDes

mvCY9ie.jpg

Info:

Takemura always disliked the company of other people and prefered to remain silent most of the time. He was working as an employee for a small business when it suddenly went bankrupt. Having lost all motivation, he became even more secluded and was wasting his time doing nothing until that day... He was suddenly attacked by an enraged man, and his arm was bitten.

He somehow managed to get back to his room when a burning fever made him lose consciousness... After several days, he woke up and went out. The World had changed, people were being chased by zombies everywhere, it was the fall of Mankind, however...

"Why am I the only one they're not attacking ?!"

How is Takemura going to use his special condition to survive ?

The game has announced to be localized in English so be sure to check it out

https://denpasoft.com/blogs/news/announcing-a-new-upcoming-title?smid=2970068&utm_campaign=smartrmail_manualcampaign_010618_2970068&utm_medium=email&utm_source=smartrmail

Edited by TakunDes

9 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

Are you using the translation from here or are you TLing it from scratch?

I am starting from scratch, the novel and the game has too many scripts that weren't the same. The game added so many new scripts and new routes (at least game 2/3) compared to the Light novel

8 hours ago, Makotodidnothingwrong said:

Awesome choice.

There's nothing hotter than seeing a girl get raped by zombies. 

There are no rapes like that imao, it's not a tentacle game, there are also no netorare etc

7 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

Well, I can't be too confident because that introduction post, but hopefully, you find a good editor and you can complete this project for the people who are interested in this VN.

In the meantime, I'll keep trying to proofread it as well as having some of my family members helping out from time to time, my sister is fully capable of speaking Japanese and writing, and she's going to Japan within a month

46 minutes ago, TakunDes said:

I am starting from scratch, the novel and the game has too many scripts that weren't the same. The game added so many new scripts and new routes (at least game 2/3) compared to the Light novel

I see. Then I got wrong info earlier by someone on VNDB. They claimed that all the scripts from LN are identical to VN ones. Anyway, I wish you luck :)

14 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

I see. Then I got wrong info earlier by someone on VNDB. They claimed that all the scripts from LN are identical to VN ones. Anyway, I wish you luck :)

Ye that was me, it was the case for Chinese > Japanese, but after looking at it deeply on the English novel it's quite messy and things are out of places. Thanks

Just now, Makotodidnothingwrong said:

I have to be honest, no ntr is pretty much a boner killer for me. Could you edit the script in a way that makes it seem like ntr is part of the story? You would be doing me and my fellow ntr bros a *huge* favor. 

There was a small part of NTR (not really) in game 3, but again this is an anti-hero story

1 hour ago, Makotodidnothingwrong said:

Could you backport that ntr into the first game? I'll even help you out if you need some help. 

Man I don't know what you want to do here but can you stop trolling and being so annoying? If you want NTR that badly go somewhere else...

I might be interested in editing this for you, but I have a couple questions if you don't mind...

A) What would you say your Japanese level is? You talked a bit about your English, but not so much about JP.

B) Do you intend to recruit a TLC or other positions?

On a side note, I believe I've heard of a translation project for this VN before, but I can't seem to remember when or where that was...

On 27/05/2018 at 2:47 PM, Zander said:

I might be interested in editing this for you, but I have a couple questions if you don't mind...

A) What would you say your Japanese level is? You talked a bit about your English, but not so much about JP.

B) Do you intend to recruit a TLC or other positions?

On a side note, I believe I've heard of a translation project for this VN before, but I can't seem to remember when or where that was...

I would say I am close to N5, but I am basing this translation on the novels that were already translated into Chinese as well as English and the CN's translation on the game, and then compare them with the Japanese texts and some other software I use. TLC would be great, same with the other positions. I had no issues reading Kanji as well. I translated Manhua in the past with a small group of ppl

I did search for translation projects before I start up this thread, but was unable to find any until I posted it. I did manage to find a project request on Neko Nyan. I was actually patiently waiting for someone to pick this up since 3 years ago, and until this day none has so far. I'm quite confident the translation should be done within a month or less if I try hard on it

Edited by TakunDes

I'm sorry for nitpicking right from the start but, in the spoiler at the 2nd line "Yuusuke Murmuring to hymself" it should be with a small "m" "Yuusuke murmuring to hymself", maybe its capitalized in japanese but in english such actions aren't capitalized i think, considering that's the only flaw i saw great job :), i'm sorry for being a stick in the mud when it comes to this things x.x ....

My retardness aside I had no idea about this series, thank you very much for both raising awareness about this series and for translating it, i really like what i see so i'm really looking forward to it XD.

1 minute ago, +StrikeR+ said:

I'm sorry for nitpicking right from the start but, in the spoiler at the 2nd line "Yuusuke Murmuring to hymself" it should be with a small "m" "Yuusuke murmuring to hymself", maybe its capitalized in japanese but in english such actions aren't capitalized i think, considering that's the only flaw i saw great job :), i'm sorry for being a stick in the mud when it comes to this things x.x ....

My retardness aside I had no idea about this series, thank you very much for both raising awareness about this series and for translating it, i really like what i see so i'm really looking forward to it XD.

I appreciated your help, thanks and you too. Ye that was a typo my bad

If zakamutt wanted that information to be public, he would've posted it here instead of PMing you. Sharing his PMs is a real shitty thing to do. Now why would he ever show you any proof if you'd just leak it right away?

I don't know what's going on behind the scenes really but Zaka is a very trustworthy individual and you're clearly stepping on some toes here. The nice thing to do would be to pick another project and move on.

25 minutes ago, Decay said:

If zakamutt wanted that information to be public, he would've posted it here instead of PMing you. Sharing his PMs is a real shitty thing to do. Now why would he ever show you any proof if you'd just leak it right away?

I don't know what's going on behind the scenes really but Zaka is a very trustworthy individual and you're clearly stepping on some toes here. The nice thing to do would be to pick another project and move on.

Well, I spoke to him so I highly doubt he has the intention of showing said proof to me. He refused to respond back to my questions which put me in an awkward situation whether I should continue or not while hiding whoever was doing the translation. I am grateful that fact that he PM me personally but without sufficient proof, it's hard to say.  Note I am happy if that's really the case since I wanted it to be picked up by Officials since long ago, so it would be great if it happened.  I only did this in the first place since it's been so long and I have not heard of any news. and if what dk382 you said is true then the better. That means I won't have to do anything while waiting for an Official release

Edited by TakunDes

Personally i really don't understand what the problem is, neither translators own the rights to this, even if all of this is true if someone wants to translate this he should be able to... C&D ? For what ? If he used the translation of the other guy i'd get it, but its his personal work...

1 hour ago, +StrikeR+ said:

Personally i really don't understand what the problem is, neither translators own the rights to this, even if all of this is true if someone wants to translate this he should be able to... C&D ? For what ? If he used the translation of the other guy i'd get it, but its his personal work...

If it's sold, he would get an C&D from the company who owns the game rights. Zaka never said he should stop, only warned him that it might happen.

2 hours ago, TakunDes said:

Well, I spoke to him so I highly doubt he has the intention of showing said proof to me. He refused to respond back to my questions which put me in an awkward situation whether I should continue or not while hiding whoever was doing the translation. I am grateful that fact that he PM me personally but without sufficient proof, it's hard to say.  Note I am happy if that's really the case since I wanted it to be picked up by Officials since long ago, so it would be great if it happened.  I only did this in the first place since it's been so long and I have not heard of any news. and if what dk382 you said is true then the better. That means I won't have to do anything while waiting for an Official release

Of course he is not giving you any proof if it's really true. if it's sold it means the translator cannot talk about it nor any party that is involved with it. Seeing you couldn't wait longer than 30 min for a respond with proof that the project is sold out, made you shared his PM. That already proofed that Zaka did the right thing, not giving you anymore information. The best thing you could do was just to ignore his pm as you don't believe it. 

Edited by Asonn

4 hours ago, Decay said:

If zakamutt wanted that information to be public, he would've posted it here instead of PMing you. Sharing his PMs is a real shitty thing to do.

I have tried having one of my PMs appear on the forum. Even though the part wasn't really secret information (unlike here!), just the fact that your private message suddenly appears in public without your consent leaves you with a feeling of being betrayed. It's one of those things you just don't do. It's called private for a reason.

I understand how you would want to include it considering the contents was the topic or more or less a question for you. However that's one of the hard situations you have to learn to deal with if you are to handle private/confidential information.

I know this might come out as a bit harsh and it's not intended that way. I just wanted to state that there is a side to this, which you apparently aren't aware of. I have to say that I'm happy that you showed up to translate VNs. It's a welcome addition to the fan translation scene :sacchan:

Edited by tymmur

2 hours ago, Kiriririri said:

Not sure why anyone would welcome a translator whose Japanese level is something that one can reach in 1 month but :chaika:

We have one translator, who knows kanji and is working on gaining experience with Japanese and being in the UK, it seems experience with English as well. It might not be perfect at first, but it sounds like growth potential to me. Remember if we harass new people to quit, we will reduce the number of good translators in years to come and it's not like we have enough as it is today.

56 minutes ago, tymmur said:

We have one translator, who knows kanji and is working on gaining experience with Japanese and being in the UK, it seems experience with English as well. It might not be perfect at first, but it sounds like growth potential to me. Remember if we harass new people to quit, we will reduce the number of good translators in years to come and it's not like we have enough as it is today.

Sure people can practice but maybe they should think about it if releasing your first practice work, that is probably super bad, to the public is a good idea if they want to hold any reputation as a translator in the future.

5 hours ago, Kiriririri said:

Not sure why anyone would welcome a translator whose Japanese level is something that one can reach in 1 month but :chaika:

It's something that one can reach in 1 month, but that's a milestone that a very large portion of the VN community hasn't reached. The subset of people that both A) are willing to invest time and effort to learn Japanese at all and B) are willing to work on or start a translation project is rather small. There's no reason to discourage someone before they even begin.

Not to mention, as I understand it, unlike Tymmur, you're not a translator yourself. I don't think you're in a position to rebuke anyone. 

With that said, I agree that OP should refine their Japanese skills before taking on an independent project, and that they should maybe leave this one to the mysterious fan translator. Their enthusiasm is to be respected, however.

I think its perfectly fine that he translates while learning. Sounds like a great source for learning to me, and he will gradually get bettet as he progressrs. Goid luck, and enjoy becoming relatively gpod in japanese if you keep up your motivation and keep on translating!

20 hours ago, Zander said:

Not to mention, as I understand it, unlike Tymmur, you're not a translator yourself. I don't think you're in a position to rebuke anyone. 

I'm going to be Captain Obvious here and point out that Tymmur's last post is littered with weird English errors.  He usually writes with excellent English.  Add that context to the post and consider how that changes your interpretation.  For that matter, consider how translating without a full understanding of either the source or target language would affect one's ability to understand and convey such depth of meaning in a VN. 

13 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

I'm going to be Captain Obvious here and point out that Tymmur's last post is littered with weird English errors.  He usually writes with excellent English.  Add that context to the post and consider how that changes your interpretation.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Tymmur's writing. His usage of intentional English errors is extremely subtle. There's also his sarcastically optimistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his Fuwanovel forum posts - his personal philosophy draws heavily from the Musumaker OP, for instance. Most of his posts just fly right over the average Fuwanoveler's head, clearly including my own.

19 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

For that matter, consider how translating without a full understanding of either the source or target language would affect one's ability to understand and convey such depth of meaning in a VN. 

Yes, I understand, and that is why I stated that OP should improve their Japanese skills before starting a project. At the time I expressed any interest in helping (because I happen to be interested in this VN) I did not know their ability, hence why I asked.