Hi Fuwanovel!

Hello,

My username says "poptartguy87", but you can call me Isla. I also go by Papaira when I'm acting as a developer/artist. Some people also call me "Papa", "Poptart", or more ambitiously "Poptart Papa".

I'm from the United States. I have two cats and I really love horror, yuri, and Arjuna from Fate/Grand Order. I first got into visual novels when I read Yume Miru Kusuri and Ever17 in middle school and I've loved them ever since...to the point that I took Japanese in high school just so I could work my way up to helping with translation projects someday. My backlog is atrocious, by the way. 

I joined because I thought it wouldn't hurt to have an account ready for whenever I wanted to jump into discussions. I'm shy, so it probably won't happen often, but hey, why not.

Nice to meet you all!

(My favorite VN of all time is Subarashiki Hibi if you couldn't already tell. I think Zakuro is precious.)

Greetings and welcome to the Fuwa forums! Hope you enjoy your stay here!:sachi:

If your interested in enlisting your services or skills in translation projects, you can check this place out and register your set of skills and etc...:maple:

Anyways wish you'll find what your looking!:mare:

Edited by Templarseeker

Welcome to Fuwa. It's always nice to see new people who seem to love VNs like the rest of us.

2 hours ago, poptartguy87 said:

I first got into visual novels when I read Yume Miru Kusuri and Ever17

I really like those two. In fact I would say YMK is a great VN because it dares to dig deep into some serious problems, which a lot of people prefer not to talk about. Because of this I would imagine the intended reader is somewhat older than the average intended VN reader and possibly aimed more at experienced VN readers. However considering this was your introduction and you are here anyway, I might have to rethink the age group.

2 hours ago, poptartguy87 said:

I joined because I thought it wouldn't hurt to have an account ready for whenever I wanted to jump into discussions. I'm shy, so it probably won't happen often, but hey, why not.

Being shy is fine. In fact it can be hard to be a thinker and not shy at the same time, meaning a certain amount of shyness could be a positive trait, at least in some cases. Just make sure you don't go overboard in shyness and end up not posting when you want to post.

Welcome, friend, you seem to have a very good taste in VNs and I'm very curious about the opinion you might bring to the table, so feel encouraged to work through that shyness. ;)

6 hours ago, poptartguy87 said:

My backlog is atrocious, by the way. 

That is, I think, a pretty widespread and chronic affliction around here. ;)

Hello Isla, and welcome to Fuwa!

It's nice to see another yuri enthusiast on the forums.

Hopefully our ranks will continue to swell until...

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/698/816/501.jpg

If you need any recommendations for good Yuri just hit me up.

Also, oh I heard of Soundless before that's pretty dope that you've created it. I'll need to actually play it at some point.

Edited by Ranzo

Woah! Hello! I was not expecting this many replies! Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone.

16 hours ago, tymmur said:

I really like those two. In fact I would say YMK is a great VN because it dares to dig deep into some serious problems, which a lot of people prefer not to talk about. Because of this I would imagine the intended reader is somewhat older than the average intended VN reader and possibly aimed more at experienced VN readers. However considering this was your introduction and you are here anyway, I might have to rethink the age group.

I was a bit of a strange kid in middle school (before YMK I was a big fan of Yume Nikki; I don't think most middle schoolers have the patience to play a depressing walking simulator), so I guess you could say I'm an outlier. I was primarily attracted to it because it dealt with tough subjects, and the OST was beautiful. Though I have heard of other people having Yume Miru Kusuri as their first visual novel.

18 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

Oh hey. You're the guy who wrote Soundless. Props to you, dude. That VN was really good. Welcome to these forums and I hope to talk in depth about Subahibi with you eventually. :makina:

Thank you! I still think your name is great.

11 hours ago, Zalor said:

Subahibi is great, and Zakuro (especially in Rabbit Hole 1) is so cute. Recently I've been rewatching this scene a lot:

Reveal hidden contents

Isn't she? Even though she takes forever to talk, I still like listening to her lines because her voice is so cute.

And that scene breaks my heart. It hurts even more if you've read what it's referencing...Night on the Galactic Railroad is pretty depressing for a children's book.

9 hours ago, Ranzo said:

If you need any recommendations for good Yuri just hit me up.

Also, oh I heard of Soundless before that's pretty dope that you've created it. I'll need to actually play it at some point.

Thank you! I'll be sure to get in touch when I've finally annihilated my backlog.

Welcome to Fuwanovel, and sorry for the belated greeting. As for your signature, I find that it was quite ironic because of the spoiler reason. Yes I also already finished with Subahibi, and except for some plot point I'd more or less quite content with the story. If you have anything that you want to say in regard of Subahibi, just visit the thread below. I hope you'll have fun here.

Edited by littleshogun