Mangagamer and Sekai ACEN 2018

littleshogun

Just recently Mangagamer update their announcement page and from there we knew that they'll gonna have two announcements, one from their old partner and another from their new partner. From the past ACEN I guess it's probably just another their nukige announcements, bit still it's nice though that at least we get some announcements from them. So what's your thought about this?

Edit (5/16) - Since Sekai decided to join the panel as well, I decided to add 'Sekai' in the title. Feel free to discuss whatever Sekai and Mangagamer bring at ACEN later, and here's the schedule for both of them below (In Illinois time (GMT -5) for the exact timezone)

Sekai Project

Booth #: IND11

Sekai Project Industry Panel
Sunday, May 20th at 2:00-3:00pm, located in Panel Room 1

Announcement 1 - My Girlfriend is a Mermaid!? (For Switch ie console only)

8bc02de2-c6a6-48ab-8e41-60fc4cbfdafa.png?resize=610%2C343

──That summer, I met the mermaid you…

Our protagonist lives out in the city but one summer decides to return to his rural hometown and it is there he once again meets his childhood friend, Ion… who is now a mermaid!?

Soon after he also meets Petakko, a mermaid who has lost her memory and Rin, a priestess who looks after mermaids but also has a split personality. It is these encounters that brings our protagonist in contact with the legend surrounding mermaid.

Together with Ion, who is at the center of this mysterious legend, as well as Petakko and Rin, our protagonist’s strange summer vacation begins…

Announcement 2 - Sumire

22391.jpg

The story focuses on “Ken-chan”, the protagonist who uses this online handle in a social network known as Galge Gakuen, a place for lovers of galge, games that feature bishoujo/pretty girl characters. While he was more interested in online games and galge in the past, his interest has waned greatly as he got older.

Nevertheless, he still logs in to talk to his net friends, Tae and Pink. While they used to talk only about things like galge, as he gets closer to them, they begin to talk like close friends would but only do so online as it’s considered taboo to inquire about their real selves.

But a chance encounter with another denizen of Galge Gakuen in real life leads to the four of them meeting each other in real life and thus begins their story.

Mangagamer

Booth #312
Panel: Friday, May 18th at 9:45 p.m.

Announcement 1 - Tsui Yuri (Congratulation to mod Dergonu here)

27984.jpg

Ichika and Futaba are so close it even surprises their friends and family at times. Ichika, the diligent, stubborn older twin, and Futaba, the childish, sociable younger twin, are an inseparable pair.

But there's more to their love for each other than first meets the eye.

Growing up, the two did everything together. No matter where they went, the twins were never apart. And even now that they've grown up, their personalities diverging and leading them to different hobbies, they're still as close as can be. For Ichika, the responsible big sister, looking out for childish, spoiled Futaba has become an everyday occurance, both at home and at school.

But one day, worried that the twins are growing too close, their mother chastises them, explaining that there's a difference between being supportive of each other and being codependent. Regardless of how close they are, she says, they can't stay together forever. With that admonition, the twins' relationship begins to change.

Lurking beneath Ichika's wish to see Futaba happy is a different feeling, one that torments her. A desire that cannot be fulfilled. And as their relationship changes, Futaba grows restless, seeing her wish to always be by Ichika's side drifting further and further away.

What awaits these twins, who harbor feelings stronger than mere sisterly love? What form will their relationship take, and what conclusion will their story reach?

Announcement 2 - Kyonyuu Fantasy 2 (Image in spoiler because NSFW)

12705.jpg

Being the only student whose future position was not decided weeks before his graduation, Ruin was considered the problem student of the honored Royal Abbey... until one day, he received an appointment as a military captain in the far-flung hamlet of Boobshire—-a de facto relegation. Since misfortunes never come singly, upon reaching his new place of work, Ruin finds himself in yet another difficult situation.

Edited by littleshogun

14 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

So what's your thought about this?

That I'm tired of the hype building approach to announcements. If they have something to tell us, just tell us already. All this "I got a secret to tell you, but I'm not telling it yet" is annoying and not interesting at all. I can't be affected by their hype and look forward to their releases if I'm not even allowed to know what they release.

It never bothered me nearly that much.  It lets you know what to expect from a con, basically.  They're going to announce two things at ACen, not five.  Don't expect a lot of announcements from the panel.

They are getting kind of lazy, though.  They've used this "empty boxes + new partner! annotation" format a few years now.  But this year they're throwing it up not even a week before the con (as opposed to last year, where the list of announcements was up months ahead of time and simply got larger as more and more stuff was confirmed).  And their annual teaser has basically adopted a standard format, too.  Gone are the days when we could figure out a whole con season's worth of announcements from an ill-conceived promo image.

2 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Just recently Mangagamer update their announcement page and from there we knew that they'll gonna have two announcements, one from their old partner and another from their new partner. From the past ACEN I guess it's probably just another their nukige announcements, bit still it's nice though that at least we get some announcements from them. So what's your thought about this?

Old partner - Kyonyuu Fantasy Gaiden 2

New Partner - Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm

25 minutes ago, Nandemonai said:

They don't make big announcements like that at ACen.  They make low-key nukige announcements at ACen.  (As in, don't expect Imouto Paradise 3  to be announced there.)

Yeah, most likely it will be 2 silly nukiges, something the likes of "Please Bang My Wife". Still, I hope they betray our expectations and announce something worth getting excited over.

1 hour ago, Makotodidnothingwrong said:

I have it on good authority that these two announcements are games the community has been asking for for a while. Now, I understand I'm just some rando, but my friend is part of the secret discord cabal most official translators and editors belong too. You don't have to believe me, just wait until acen. 

I will take that as a White Album 2 and Sakura no Mori confirmed :)

As for my expectation here, after I reviewed last year ACEN I think I'll put my hope to Sekai a bit, considering that at the last year they bring the surprise (Re:Lord). While for Mangagamer, well more or less I just expect another two nukige announcements but then again maybe this year we'll gonna have some surprise from them. In the end, I guess the easiest answer for the expectation is no other than better waiting for the announcement time.

On 5/15/2018 at 3:38 PM, Makotodidnothingwrong said:

I have it on good authority that these two announcements are games the community has been asking for for a while. Now, I understand I'm just some rando, but my friend is part of the secret discord cabal most official translators and editors belong too. You don't have to believe me, just wait until acen. 

If that's the case then I'll look forward to whatever news that Sekai will bring later.

Edited by littleshogun

Well since I already put my hopes for Mangagamer Sakura No Mori or Clear from the old partner and Aqua for the new partner. I really want Hatsuyuki Sakura and Secret Game from Sekai Project. I know I'm dreaming here lol. I just really want to read these titles. I like listing to the opening themes alot on YouTube and now I want to actually read them. I hope they come to Steam if they do announce them so I can read them.

On 5/15/2018 at 1:38 AM, Makotodidnothingwrong said:

Nice bait post. :leecher:

If anything, at least it's still the truth though that a lot of people been asking in regard of those two announcements. Especially Funbag Fantasy 2, although if we look from another way most likely people will wonder of why Tsui Yuri did stuck at 86% QC for a long time.