Rewrite VN: Won't let me start it, I either get a message mostly in japanese, or I get a Siglus cannot run message.

Mayoisk

-Locale in Japanese

-System Type: 64-bit operating System, x64-based processor

-Windows 10

One thing I noticed is rewrite itself is not appearing in my Key/rewrite/ folder.

Edited by Mayoisk
More information

3 hours ago, bakauchuujin said:

Do you have your time set to japanese time? Some VNs from Japan for some reason requires that.

Hmm, Rewrite doesn't require that, if I remember correctly. Though I heard that the newest version, Rewrite+, actually, requires you to have Japanese Windows and won't run otherwise.

To OP: please tell us what version of rewrite you use, and what exactly you mean by this phrase:

5 hours ago, Mayoisk said:

One thing I noticed is rewrite itself is not appearing in my Key/rewrite/ folder.

So, the game files don't appear in the game folder after you install it, or did you mean something else? If so, how did you even run it?

19 hours ago, Mayoisk said:

https://gyazo.com/2eecf0dde27601947f03e161c2b7807b

heres the image of my files after the download from ameratsu translations.

Well, looking at the image, it looks like the folder only contains the English patch and not the game itself. Did you install the Japanese version of the game prior to applying the patch? Amaterasu don't distribute the whole game (which is illegal, by the way) but only the files that are needed for translation. Usually when applying fan-translation patches, you just need to copy the patch files into the game folder to get it working, but Amaterasu usually distribute their patches as installers if I remember correctly, so you probably just need to install it into the same folder where you previously installed the game.