I ask of you, are you the forum I seek?

eclipsezero

Should be easy to guess the reference in the topic title dohohoho~ And if it isn't, it should make itself obvious(I think) once you finish reading my introduction :3

Hello! Nice to meet you peeps.

I am a fan of both Japanese and Western material.

Favorites include:

Japanese - Anything by Type-Moon and any Shin Megami Tensei title, I am a total fanboy for both.

Other favorites include the Ys series(THAT MUSIC OMG)

The Metal Gear series(Only played a few so far)

The Last Remnant(I guess I am one of the few fans of this title, welp. Haven't completed yet though)

The Zelda series

Rune Factory(3 and above. Not a fan of the first two sadly...)

BlazBlue(I suck at this series, still like it for Trollzama)

Durarara/Baccano!(Anime and light novels)

...well, I won't list more, not gonna list anime either. Don't want to turn this into an even bigger post than it is already herp.

Western -

Mass Effect(Still a fun series despite that end.)

Witcher

Half-Life

GORDON FREEMAN SAVED MY LIIIIIIFE:

Portal

Alan Wake

Elder Scrolls

Dishonored

Sleeping Dogs

L.A. Noire

Game of Thrones(Books and show)

...and I will stop there. Again, quite a few more I like :V

----

And uh, well, that's it I guess. One thing I should mention is that English is not my first language, if you spot any huge errors, please tell me so, so I can learn from said mistakes.

Came here due to the visual novels, and joined on the offchance that I run into any problems regarding VN's, hopefully I get help and you peeps don't mind that too much >>;

I will try to be active of course, as this seems to be a fun community, and I know of no other visual novel sites like these, so yeah.

Which brings me to the question I want to end this post with, its just due to curiosity, if possible, I hope you can answer:

When was this community/site founded? I had literally not heard of it until yesterday! Came across it while looking for some visual novels.

Are you merely providing visual novels, or will you perhaps do some stuff in the future to help spread visual novels? Not sure what exactly, just a general question.

Anyways, hope to have fun here with y'all!

wow, for claiming to be a non-native speaker, your writing is definitely on par with one. English is also not my first language, and I hope we'll be able to get to know each other better. Especially since I can see that we have very similar interest.

I am also a big Type-Moon fan, as you can probably guess. I also love the persona and the megami tensei series as a whole and I've pretty much played most of the games you have listed there. Another game series I love is the tales of series and of course final fantasy series. I just love those plot heavy games, which is why I also love VN all the same.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your native country and/or language? and how good are you with japanese (unless of course you're japanese~)?

I am also a relatively new member here, but I can tell that this is a very new website that aaeru made since I also have not heard it until this month.

So once again, nice to meet you~

Hello! I'm also a fellow SMT and Type-Moon fan, been in love with SMT since the PS2 days and Fate+Tsukihime were what brought me in and hooked me on VNs. Can't say i really care for western videogames apart from a few franchises though.

As to when this site was founded, if you look at the member page and sort by join date the earliest is 11 August.

Are you merely providing visual novels, or will you perhaps do some stuff in the future to help spread visual novels? Not sure what exactly, just a general question.

I would say that by providing (free) pre-patched visual novels, that is already one way that Fuwanovel "markets" itself to spread visual novels.

Additionally, the wiki is supposed to help speed the process of translating visual novels or "train" people, although it doesn't seem to work if you want to register. As a result, there are no entries yet. There are guides on Aaeru's blog on how to learn Japanese and hopefully get yourself up to a decent level of fluency to help spread visual novels yourself (Although I wish they could be merged into the wiki, and maybe set up guides as well for the wiki). That's another way Fuwanovel is trying to spread them.

Welcome to the forums, eclipsezero! Quite the wide-ranging tastes you have, I'm impressed! Just wondering though, how did you get into Japanese culture first??

Which brings me to the question I want to end this post with, its just due to curiosity, if possible, I hope you can answer:

When was this community/site founded? I had literally not heard of it until yesterday! Came across it while looking for some visual novels.

The unofficial line from me is that Aaeru has been toying with the idea for the past 18 months. The site was first launched, if I recall right, this time last year, but was taken down around February this year, and remade to what it is today.

And yes, we do hope to increase the popularity of VNs, and have many ideas how! The Volunteer talk page showcases most of what we have going on right now.

Hope this answers it; do ask if it's still not clear!

@Moekou

Hyped as hell for SMT4! Though I am also a bit concerned, since Kaneko is not involved. Also not liking Raphael's redesign much.

@harry_kinomoto/TheWingless

Thanks for answering my question! Clears it up quite a bit :3

As for how I got into Japanese stuff, IIRC it was due to watching Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z(Which I still like, though mainly due to nostalgia these days) when really young.

Since then I have been interested in trying out more Japanese media, whether games or anime, and got the chance to really do so(As in, on a bigger scale than before) once I was 15.

Currently 18.

Thanks for welcoming me!

Glad I joined this site, I am a member on a few others as well, but none have been as friendly as this has been(And I don't mean towards me specifically. Just the attitude of the whole site in general!), which is really refreshing for me!

Welcome. Nice musical pick by the way. Miracle Of Sound is awesome. A Song Of Ice And Fire is an excellent series and the GoT Mini-series is excellent. I love the Mass Effect series and also The Witcher series. Have you read any of the witcher books> They are pretty good.

Wow, that's pretty amazing! Its not even a month and this site already looks and is this kickass! (IMHO)

You guys have done an awesome job on this, seriously!

Thank you for welcoming me!

Also, since this is just an intro topic, I should probably not post too much here haha. Kind of makes it seem like I am seeking attention or something.

Once again, thank you for welcoming me everyone! This is a great site, and hopefully I will be here for a long time, maybe enough to see its goal come to life <3