Extracting script from a.pak file (EAGLS engine)

First up, thanks to anyone reading this.

I am fairly new to the world of translating VNs, but hopefully this can change soon enough. Now, my problem: I've decide to try and translate Saimin Class wonderful and am trying to get the script which has its own folder in the game files. Inside, there is a .pak file and an .idx file. I have tried mutiple methods so far (quickbms, online-services, 7zip) in order to open the file, but to no avail. Is there something else I need to pay attention to? Is it important that the game uses the EAGLS engine?

Like I said, I'm rather new to this, so detailed explenations would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

iambobokay

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2018 at 11:57 AM, iambobokay said:

Sorry to ask again, but i've found another pak file taht exeeds the 2GB limit of the programm you linked me. Do you have any idea what I can do for that one?

Hi, can you please name the folder the .pak was found in? The tool he mentioned is only capable of doing the script (dialogue) translation. If the file is found in the /CGPACK/ then you're definitely going to need another tool as that file contains the images (names, scenes, UI stuff) needed for the VN. Also, can you please specify what VN you are attempting to translate? If its anything by SQUEEZ (now Milk Factory) I can help you out.

On 11.6.2018 at 4:07 PM, nativegypsy said:

Hi, can you please name the folder the .pak was found in? The tool he mentioned is only capable of doing the script (dialogue) translation. If the file is found in the /CGPACK/ then you're definitely going to need another tool as that file contains the images (names, scenes, UI stuff) needed for the VN. Also, can you please specify what VN you are attempting to translate? If its anything by SQUEEZ (now Milk Factory) I can help you out.

Hello.

The VN is called "Saimin Class WONDERFUL" and it's from OLE-M, as far as I know. I've already got my hands on the scripts and so far, everything is working fine. But it'll take quite some time till I'm done (I'm working off and on on it), so if you'd still like to do some translating, feel free to join in.