Steins;Gate 0 VN is out on Steam.

*Insert obligatory Kuu-chan hyping*

Seriously tho, Steins;Gate 0 is the first MAGES' visual novel being released by spike chunsoft in the west, the first of many (i hope), tbh, all i hope for is a Chaos;Child + Robotics;Notes PC release, and if S;G 0 is what it takes to get these released, well so be it.

Good luck for everyone who'll buy this fantastic visual novel.

I have to include some bit of context to S;G 0 : Read/Watch steins;gate before, because S;G 0 relies a lot on previous VN/Anime (it is a sequel, after all).

Edited by Kurisu-Chan

Just now, Dreamysyu said:

Does this version use the same translation as the one released for the consoles?

Yep, with very slight editing, but it is the same, the console(and now PC) translation was validated by 5pb. the creators of the VN, so there is that.

Edited by Kurisu-Chan

Just now, wei123 said:

Wow that timing though

(Still waiting for the translation of Robotic Notes to be released T.T)

Tbh, me too, i don't care that much about S;G 0 VN(all my attention is on the anime) but if this VN can bring us Robotics;Notes, i'd be happy. 

1 hour ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Tbh, me too, i don't care that much about S;G 0 VN(all my attention is on the anime) but if this VN can bring us Robotics;Notes, i'd be happy. 

How come? You've read the VN and want to see how the anime changes / adapts the story, maybe?

As for the difference, I think it's close to none so perhaps you may as well to just chose Committee of Zero version. Another reason is because the latter is only around 7 GB, while apparently Steam version is at around 15 GB (Granted that it might be wrong, but still).

As for the release, well congratulation for that. To me it's just redundant release though because we already have aforementioned Committee of Zero released the patch for PC version, but if you want it legally perhaps it's not so redundant after all. I just wonder though if this release mean that Chunsoft will get license for both of Noah and Chaos Child PC version though, and maybe Robotic Note as well although right now we still didn't even have Japanese version for that though.

3 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Well, not everybody has gaming consoles. Well, I know the unofficial patch exists, but still. :makina:

My friend has bought PS Vita just to play this game but yeah I was mostly talking about the patch :makina:

Edited by kooolm

I guess there are people generally involved with VNs but not necessarily avid S;G fans who will thank the opportunity to have this at Steam.

Steamspy reads 0 sales for the novel yet, what are you doing?? Rush to buy it so we can get Chaos;Head, Chaos;Child and Robotics;Notes, at least.

It's in jest, but I think it's all because it's been barely a day since it released, I also think eventually, it will meet a good sales number.

37 minutes ago, kooolm said:

It was available on PC if you really wanted to play it. (and later buy it on Steam to support the game)

Not legally it wasn't.

Edit: I think? I honestly don't know. All I knew was that the game was only licensed on console.

Edited by Mr Poltroon

16 hours ago, snowbell55 said:

How come? You've read the VN and want to see how the anime changes / adapts the story, maybe?

Yep, that, and also the fact that so far, the anime is doing a hell of a good job. 

14 hours ago, littleshogun said:

As for the difference, I think it's close to none so perhaps you may as well to just chose Committee of Zero version. Another reason is because the latter is only around 7 GB, while apparently Steam version is at around 15 GB (Granted that it might be wrong, but still).

As for the release, well congratulation for that. To me it's just redundant release though because we already have aforementioned Committee of Zero released the patch for PC version, but if you want it legally perhaps it's not so redundant after all. I just wonder though if this release mean that Chunsoft will get license for both of Noah and Chaos Child PC version though, and maybe Robotic Note as well although right now we still didn't even have Japanese version for that though.

Basically, Spike Chunsoft has already the rights to every single 5pb. visual novel.