Comedy VN

Roulette

Fell into depression reading/playing too much dark shit so I've been rethinking my plans. It has to be something that you yourself have personally enjoyed as a comedic VN. But I'd like to avoid moege(only if possible).

I finished Tsujidou which somehow turned into a slog through the middle.

Currently on Noraneko and I'm having a laugh which surprised me since I went in expecting this to be another chapter of my never ending battle with moeges. I can only hope it remains that way.

Majikoi, Little busters, just recommend me something you personally played.(also fine with recent and untranslated vns)

Thank you in advance.

Snow Sakura. It's a good comedy, though there are a few places, which aren't meant to make you laugh, such as being forced to not see your girl of choice. However they are part of the story and there are no bad endings. It is absolutely dominated by comedy and people having a good time together.

I wrote more about the VN here.

11 minutes ago, tymmur said:

Snow Sakura. It's a good comedy, though there are a few places, which aren't meant to make you laugh, such as being forced to not see your girl of choice. However they are part of the story and there are no bad endings. It is absolutely dominated by comedy and people having a good time together.

Doesn't it technically has a bad end for the common route if you don't get any girl? I might be mistaking it for another VN but i swear snow sakura had something like that.

34 minutes ago, onorub said:

Doesn't it technically has a bad end for the common route if you don't get any girl? I might be mistaking it for another VN but i swear snow sakura had something like that.

Good question. My main focus is OP requesting VNs without "too much dark shit" and in that sense there aren't any bad endings. However now that you mention it, I think it's possible to end up with something like "we had fun all summer and I will remember it forever. I just wish I would have become closer to them (heroines)". I don't think of an ending like that as a bad ending because nothing dark happens.

EDIT: as correctly pointed out by @mitchhamilton, this is kind of off topic. Summary is that I wrote a recommendation, a question was asked about the accuracy of what I wrote. I replied saying it's accurate enough regarding explaining the genre compared to the OP requests. Anymore discussion about Snow Sakura shouldn't be in this thread.

Edited by tymmur

2 minutes ago, Akimoto Masato said:

oh this guy can have his swastika in the image but when i do it, it’s “racist” and i need to change it >:[

i dont know what your pic was so cant really say about that but his pic isnt focused on the swastika but how it works with the rest of the pic. it seems the image is done for comedic purposes.

speaking of comedy! theres comyu. it has a heavy tone but theres still a lot of funny moments. although it is pretty dark for the most part sadly. theres boob wars. cant go wrong with either version. you can play either one in any order since theyre not connected but i recommend 2. 2's one of my favs.

8 minutes ago, r0xm2n said:

I don't think it's even possible for a VN to have lots of comedy aspects, without it being a moege.....

Just as I announced I would not mention Snow Sakura, it looks like I have to do it again anyway :P There is a reason why I picked that title. The comedy is good, is everywhere and it's not what I would classify as moege. This question is also off topic and there is no reason to discus it. Just sit back and notice the non-moege comedy titles being recommended and it should be clear that the genre exist.

I played Chrono Clock, will try Snow Sakura and I'm totally fine with bad endings as long as there is no drastic tonal shift.

22 minutes ago, Akimoto Masato said:

oh this guy can have his swastika in the image but when i do it, it’s “racist” and i need to change it >:[

Funny thing is I didn't even notice the swastika in my profile pic until a moderator offhandedly mentioned me getting request for ban by various users. I just thought the picture was cute when uploading.

31 minutes ago, r0xm2n said:

I don't think it's even possible for a VN to have lots of comedy aspects, without it being a moege.....

Correct. This is why I posted a thread here instead of searching in vndb since what I found there were mostly moeges and the most popular comedy vn is Fate/Stay Night...

But you can still recommend me moege if nothing else comes to mind.

34 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

speaking of comedy! theres comyu. it has a heavy tone but theres still a lot of funny moments. although it is pretty dark for the most part sadly. theres boob wars. cant go wrong with either version. you can play either one in any order since theyre not connected but i recommend 2. 2's one of my favs.

I played comyu. Boob wars sounds silly and fun. I'll try it.

Thanks for the suggestion guys keep em coming if possible.

3 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

Chrono Clock made me laugh pretty hard quite a few times. Plus, it has some good drama in some of the routes.

You intend to recommend Chrono Clock to anyone and everyone out there from now on? :makina: (Damm you pipped my curiosity on just exactly how good it is :michiru:. Gonna read in for sure in the nearby future~~)

Also, no mention of Grisaia no Kajitsu so far? The common route is pretty comedic (although the routes are pretty dark in tone).

For an unconventional recommendation, you can try Cross Channel: Moenovel's Steam(ing pile of poo) edition. Personally, I find that the TL is so (laughablely) bad, that it's good :wahaha:

Edited by phantomJS

6 minutes ago, phantomJS said:

You intend to recommend Chrono Clock to anyone and everyone out there from now on? :makina: (Damm you pipped my curiosity on just exactly how good it is :michiru:. Gonna read in for sure in the nearby future~~)

If moege or comedic VNs are ever mentioned, yes.

40 minutes ago, phantomJS said:

Also, no mention of Grisaia no Kajitsu so far? The common route is pretty comedic (although the routes are pretty dark in tone).

For an unconventional recommendation, you can try Cross Channel: Moenovel Steamling pile of poo edition. Personally, I find that the TL is so (laughablely) bad, that it's good :wahaha:

his vn taste are very limited to stuff no one wants to read or just nukiges. :sachi: 

Rewrite is pretty funny, especially in the common route. Grisaia no Kajitsu and Clannad are also funny in their respective common routes, but they both lack a gripping plot (though the former has very interesting characters and Amane has an amazing backstory, but I digress).

Edited by wei123

I had quite the laughs while playing/reading these Visual Novels although I wasn't able to complete some of them but still got some good laughs!:wahaha:

My Girl Is The President and the Fan Disc

Cherry Tree High Comedy Club

Yumina The Ethereal

War Of The Human Tanks

Fureraba

SSSS: Super Secret Sexy Spy: The description of the game will make you laugh already without even playing the game yet! :mare:

Should we also mention the Hyperdimension Neptunia Games? Those games are suppose to be a parody of consoles or something like that? :sachi:

Edited by Templarseeker

I seconded Fureraba here, and if you want more comedy VN then you can try both of Noble Works and Dracu Riot. Other than that, if you somehow into very violent tsundere girls who like to abuse MC, then you can try Ikikioi as well. Hope my recommendations will be helpful to you.

Edited by littleshogun

5 hours ago, littleshogun said:

I seconded Fureraba here, and if you want more comedy VN then you can try both of Noble Works and Dracu Riot. Other than that, if you somehow into very violent tsundere girls who like to abuse MC, ten you can try Ikikioi as well. Hope my recommendations will be helpful to you.

How is the quality of the patch on this one? The site says it didn't go through editing, so I'm just wondering if it's a "better not bother" type of situation or more just a few quirks here and there? The VN itself seems interesting (*cough* student council heroine *cough*)

8 hours ago, snowbell55 said:

How is the quality of the patch on this one? The site says it didn't go through editing, so I'm just wondering if it's a "better not bother" type of situation or more just a few quirks here and there? The VN itself seems interesting (*cough* student council heroine *cough*)

As for the translation, I would say that it'll go with the latter categories (More just a few quirks here and there). I would suggest you to find out about the translation by yourself because it's pretty much quite subjective if we talk about translation quality, and from there maybe you'll be able to liking the story. Have fun and I hope you'll enjoy it.