Getting Tech Support for Licensed Titles

If you've bought a localised Visual Novel and are finding yourself with tech issues, please check the list below for the corresponding publisher/retailer and contact them in order to resolve your issue.
Fuwanovel is not the most adequate place to help when you can contact the companies responsible directly. Any threads about licensed titles will be redirected to the corresponding publisher.

MangaGamer

JAST USA

Sekai Project

Denpasoft

Frontwing

Sol Press

NekoNyanSoft

Askys Games

Moenovel

Fruitbat Factory

Lemnisca

----TEMPORARY----

The Game Technical FAQs & Solutions and the Walkthroughs forum have been updated (mainly rules and/or sticky threads). If you have any feedback, be it about this or for improving the forums in general, please leave a post below or contact staff directly.

Bear in mind that after some time these posts will be hidden (or made into a new thread) and this thread will be locked.

Edited by Mr Poltroon
Updated support pages for Sekai Project and Denpasoft, as well as Askys and Lemnisca.

I can understand from a community management standpoint why you'd want to implement this policy, but also relevant: tech support from official VN publishers tends to suck.  Many of them don't even have message boards for users to help each other with issues.  I've heard horror stories of people waiting weeks or even months for replies from JAST.  On the other hand, you can get useful responses from other users typically within a day, and these responses get indexed by search engines and go on to help many others.  Also, in my experience, many new users join communities like this to get technical support, then stick around and join in other discussions.  Forbid technical support, and you might turn away these users. 

Edited by sanahtlig

21 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

I can understand from a community management standpoint why you'd want to implement this policy, but also relevant: tech support from official VN publishers tends to suck.  Many of them don't even have message boards for users to help each other with issues.  I've heard horror stories of people waiting weeks or even months for replies from JAST.  On the other hand, you can get useful responses from other users typically within a day, and these responses get indexed by search engines and go on to help many others.  Also, in my experience, many new users join communities like this to get technical support, then stick around and join in other discussions.  Forbid technical support, and you might turn away these users. 

To clarify, we're not forbidding technical support overall. This is specifically for games that have been localized, that you can get support for directly from the publishers. The people who worked on getting the game released in the west will be more well equipped to handle support for their own games, and as such, we forward people to the sites they can find said support on.

Fuwanovel has had this policy for years. This thread is simply meant to make it easier for people to find the right place to get support for their games.

In my personal experience, contacting the localization companies directly is both faster, and yields better results compared to getting help from forums like Fuwanovel. No one will know more about the game and its possible issues than the company that released the game, after all, and seeing as these companies have dedicated support staff who can help out fans, we're better off forwarding users to those sites than having them wait here for responses.

6 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Fuwanovel has had this policy for years. This thread is simply meant to make it easier for people to find the right place to get support for their games.

Is there a chance where this rule will get repelled?

because even though this

8 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

To clarify, we're not forbidding technical support overall. This is specifically for games that have been localized, that you can get support for directly from the publishers. The people who worked on getting the game released in the west will be more well equipped to handle support for their own games, and as such, we forward people to the sites they can find said support on.

In my personal experience, contacting the localization companies directly is both faster, and yields better results compared to getting help from forums like Fuwanovel. No one will know more about the game and its possible issues than the company that released the game, after all, and seeing as these companies have dedicated support staff who can help out fans, we're better off forwarding users to those sites than having them wait here for responses.

makes some sense (even though I am with agreement with @sanahtlig), I find myself agreeing with this instead:

41 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

38 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

My most popular articles are how-to guides to troubleshoot issues with official English titles.  Just an FYI.  If publishers were doing an adequate job, these users probably wouldn't be visiting my site.

Most people are not used to contacting real support from what I have seen and tend to solve problems themselves first.

Anyways from what I know at least Sekai Project has online support 24/7 with fast responses.

21 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

Most people are not used to contacting real support from what I have seen and tend to solve problems themselves first.

Well isn't that how they end up at his site? Solving problems "themselves" just means they googled it xD

• 3 years later...

I can see why you'd want to enforce this restriction from the perspective of community management, but it's also important to note that official VN publishers' tech assistance is frequently subpar. Many of them don't even offer message boards where people may interact and assist one another. I've heard harrowing tales of individuals having to wait weeks or even months for JAST to respond.