sanahtlig

SRPG eroge Venus Blood Frontier to get an English Kickstarter

3 hours ago, Azgn said:

Question, will the Law routes have tentacle rape in them?

The only instances when it's unavoidable is after capturing each goddess. After that, it epends on what you do (from what Ninetail guy told me before, you can corrupt the goddesses and still stay on the Law Route). Still, it's enough for me to definitely stay safe with the all-ages version of the game. I really want to enjoy the story in peace, rather than explaining to my gf what that disturbing image she saw after walking into my room was about. ;p

On 10/27/2018 at 4:08 AM, Plk_Lesiak said:

The only instances when it's unavoidable is after capturing each goddess. After that, it epends on what you do (from what Ninetail guy told me before, you can corrupt the goddesses and still stay on the Law Route). Still, it's enough for me to definitely stay safe with the all-ages version of the game. I really want to enjoy the story in peace, rather than explaining to my gf what that disturbing image she saw after walking into my room was about. ;p

"It's called hentai, and it's ART"

In other news, backerkits are live (yay!) and some retranslated names/titles have been shown. What do people think? I wonder if some of the clumsier-sounding names are examples of translations being a little too direct (lookin' at you, Breezy War Deity). Anybody decent with Japanese that can confirm/deny?

14 hours ago, Incynerate said:

"It's called hentai, and it's ART"

In other news, backerkits are live (yay!) and some retranslated names/titles have been shown. What do people think? I wonder if some of the clumsier-sounding names are examples of translations being a little too direct (lookin' at you, Breezy War Deity). Anybody decent with Japanese that can confirm/deny?

Yeah, I honestly don't know why they published that update, as I don't think these names are any more final than the previous ones. All it did was elicit a firestorm of feedback from "critics" who don't know what they're talking about. I wouldn't worry too much about it or think too hard about it.

The translator on the project knows what he's doing; let the man work.

6 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

Yeah, I honestly don't know why they published that update, as I don't think these names are any more final than the previous ones. All it did was elicit a firestorm of feedback from "critics" who don't know what they're talking about. I wouldn't worry too much about it or think too hard about it.

The translator on the project knows what he's doing; let the man work.

i am taking your word for it and trusting your judgement.... However if on release once i read the Vn and find out that choice of BAD wordings had ruined the immersion.. i would surely be pissed..

I'm pretty much okay with any kind of translation as long as it's not MTL, so in the end it shouldn't affected me too much if we talk about naming choice here. Good luck to Arunaru, and more importantly good luck to JAST to have it released on time (December 2019 later).

4 hours ago, littleshogun said:

...and more importantly good luck to JAST to have it released on time (December 2019 later).

You with this again? Haven't I (actually we) already told you multiple times that JAST isn't a publisher in this case? O_o

Ninetail is the publisher. For the nth time. JAST's speed won't have anything to do with how fast this is gonna be finished.

9 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

I still think that it'll be slowed down because of JAST tendency of releasing physical copies though, but in that case then I supposed it's up to Arunaru there. Either way I hope that it'll be on time at the very least.

Wait, wait... JAST releasing physical copies of Venus Blood Frontier? O_O

I can't say for certain in regard of that, but seeing that Ninetails was still new for VN localization it should be possible to have them trust JAST to have the latter use their connection to the factory, but keep in mind though it's just my guess for now. For the reminder, JAST usually did release both of physical and download edition at the same time in which it caused the slowdown to their release to a degree.

Just now, littleshogun said:

I can't say for certain in regard of that, but seeing that Ninetails was still new for VN localization it should be possible to have them trust JAST to have the latter use their connection to the factory, but keep in mind though it's just my guess for now. For the reminder, JAST usually did release both of physical and download edition at the same time in which it caused the slowdown to their release to a degree.

I know JAST does do physical copies, but I never heard they are gonna do them for Ninetail. That's why you got me confused. Anyway, from what I know, only thing that JAST did for Ninetail is helping them a bit with promotion on Twitter and hired an editor for them. I don't think they offered them, or that they will for that matter, deal to do physical copies. So you don't really have to be worried about that. If anything, there are numerous other reasons for why the project could stall. Only one thing concering JAST that can go "slow" is editing, but even that is doubtful since the editor they hired is a known pro who worked for FrontWing, MangaGamer, and others. It's not some random nobody who takes decades. So there's no way for JAST to stall this project.

3 hours ago, BookwormOtaku said:

Couple things I'm curious about:

1) Is the harem option only in the Chaos route or is it an option in Law too?

2) Seeing as Venus Blood Ragnarok is a sequel, does its story make the Chaos route canon or is it vague about which route is canon?

What does it matter.. Experience both routes....

4 hours ago, BookwormOtaku said:

2) Seeing as Venus Blood Ragnarok is a sequel, does its story make the Chaos route canon or is it vague about which route is canon?

I do believe Ragnarok is based on a variation of the Law route, so far as I know. But you know Japanese and I don't, so I may be mistaken.

Also, 'harem'? First I hear of such a thing. :o

1 hour ago, Incynerate said:

'Harem Ending' is one of the tags on VNDB, apparently. No idea if it's associated with the Law or Chaos routes, though.

As the corruption mechanic isn't strictly connected to the Law and Chaos routes, romance might not be either. I can imagine harem only being doable with corrupted Goddesses though and making much more sense in the Chaos scenario.

I only want my uncorrupted Tilca anyways...